Wozniacki stops Razzano at Wimbledon
Wimbledon: Pursuing another bid for her first Grand Slam title, top-ranked Caroline Wozniacki needed just over an hour to defeat Virginie Razzano 6-1, 6-3 on Friday and move into the third round of Wimbledon.
The 20-year-old Dane was at the top of her game, making only one unforced error as she downed the 96th-ranked Frenchwoman in 66 minutes in sunny conditions on Court 2 at the All England Club.
Wozniacki, who extended her career record against Razzano to 5-0, took command of the match from the beginning and was never in trouble.
Wozniacki reached the fourth round at Wimbledon the past two years, but has never made it to the quarterfinals. Despite her No. 1 ranking, she has never won a major title, losing in the 2009 U.S. Open final.
In the first round Tuesday, Razzano won for the first time since the death of her fiance and longtime coach from a brain tumor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends