Wozniacki to meet Vesnina in Family Circle Cup final
Charleston: World number one Caroline Wozniacki defeated Serbia`s Jelena Jankovic 6-4 6-4 on Saturday to set up a final meeting with Russian Elena Vesnina at the Family Circle Cup.
Dane Wozniacki broke eighth-ranked Jankovic five times but also suffered three breaks of serve herself in a hard-fought encounter that lasted one hour 47 minutes.
Wozniacki is seeking her third tournament victory of the year after title triumphs at Indian Wells and Dubai.
Vesnina, ranked 56th in the world, has never won a WTA Tour event and will hope to break through in her fifth final.
The 24-year-old defeated China`s Peng Shuai 7-6 6-3, avenging her defeat in the quarter-finals in Doha in February.
Vesnina has impressed this week, beating number two seed and defending champion Sam Stosur on her way to the final.
Wozniacki defeated Vesnina in the final at New Haven in August 2009 and has a 4-1 record against the Russian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata