Wozniacki to meet Vesnina in Family Circle Cup final
Charleston: World number one Caroline Wozniacki defeated Serbia`s Jelena Jankovic 6-4 6-4 on Saturday to set up a final meeting with Russian Elena Vesnina at the Family Circle Cup.
Dane Wozniacki broke eighth-ranked Jankovic five times but also suffered three breaks of serve herself in a hard-fought encounter that lasted one hour 47 minutes.
Wozniacki is seeking her third tournament victory of the year after title triumphs at Indian Wells and Dubai.
Vesnina, ranked 56th in the world, has never won a WTA Tour event and will hope to break through in her fifth final.
The 24-year-old defeated China`s Peng Shuai 7-6 6-3, avenging her defeat in the quarter-finals in Doha in February.
Vesnina has impressed this week, beating number two seed and defending champion Sam Stosur on her way to the final.
Wozniacki defeated Vesnina in the final at New Haven in August 2009 and has a 4-1 record against the Russian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details