Wozniacki to play in Sydney International
Sydney: World number one Caroline Wozniacki will use the Sydney International as her final preparation for next month`s Australian Open, organisers said on Wednesday.
Denmark`s Wozniacki, 20, becomes the fourth top 20 ranked women`s player to commit to the January 9-15 tournament along with US Open champion Kim Clijsters, Australian Samantha Stosur and Ana Ivanovic.
Wozniacki will return to the Sydney Olympic Park Tennis Centre for the third straight year as her leadup tournament to next year`s opening grand slam in Melbourne, starting on January 17.
"I feel that the Sydney International is the best preparation for the Australian Open," Wozniacki said in a statement.
"All the top players will be competing there in Sydney and because of this I am confident that I?ll get the matches I need."
Tournament Director Craig Watson said he expected seven of the top 10 ranked women to confirm their participation by the time entries close next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan