Wozniacki, Zvonereva through to Qatar semi-finals
Doha: World number one Caroline Wozniacki reeled off 12 successive games to ease into the semi-finals of the Qatar Open after a 6-2, 6-0 demolition of Italian Flavia Pennetta on Thursday.
Second seed and world number three Vera Zvonereva was made to work harder for her semi-final spot after a 7-5, 6-7, 7-5 win over Slovakia`s Daniela Hantuchova in a match that lasted more than three hours.
Having lost the opening two games, Dane Wozniacki did not drop another in a ruthless display to remain on course for a second straight title after winning the Dubai championships on Sunday.
Wozniacki next faces Marion Bartoli after the Frenchwoman swatted aside China`s Peng Shuai 6-2, 6-2.
"I thought I played well. It could have been 6-1 in the second set instead of 6-2, even 6-0. But it was a great performance overall," said Bartoli.
Russian Zvonereva will play Jelena Jankovic for a place in the final after the Serb downed Czech Klara Zakopalova 6-2, 6-4 despite being troubled with a knee injury during the second set.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples
- Smartphone may reveal your sexual preferences