Wrestler Anil Kumar wins silver in Asian Championship
New Delhi: India`s Greco-Roman wrestler Anil Kumar today bagged the silver medal in the 2011 Senior Asian Wrestling Championship at Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
In the 60kg qualification round, Kumar defeated Vietnam`s Ngoc Tan.
In quarter final, he beat Iran`s Abdolmohammad to qualify for the semi-final.
In the last-four stage, he got the better of Kirgizia wrestler Beishaliev Azia.
But unfortunately, in the final he lost the bout and the yellow metal to Uzbekistan’s Almat Kebispayev.
On the other hand, Navjot Kaur (67kg) won the bronze medal in her category.
In the qualification round, she lost the bout to a Mongolian Wrestler. In the repechages, she beat China`s Yuanyuan Wang to clinch the bronze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda