Wrestler Anil Kumar wins silver in Asian Championship
New Delhi: India`s Greco-Roman wrestler Anil Kumar today bagged the silver medal in the 2011 Senior Asian Wrestling Championship at Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
In the 60kg qualification round, Kumar defeated Vietnam`s Ngoc Tan.
In quarter final, he beat Iran`s Abdolmohammad to qualify for the semi-final.
In the last-four stage, he got the better of Kirgizia wrestler Beishaliev Azia.
But unfortunately, in the final he lost the bout and the yellow metal to Uzbekistan’s Almat Kebispayev.
On the other hand, Navjot Kaur (67kg) won the bronze medal in her category.
In the qualification round, she lost the bout to a Mongolian Wrestler. In the repechages, she beat China`s Yuanyuan Wang to clinch the bronze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks