Wrestlers clinch 3 gold medals in South Asian Games
Dhaka: Indian wrestlers started their
campaign with a bang, clinching all three three gold medals up
for grabs in the 11th South Asian Games here today.
Pradeep Kumar knocked down Pakistani opponent Mohammad
Salman in the 66kg event for the gold at the National Kabaddi
Sorat Chandra Ray (Bangladesh) and Roshan Indika (Sri
Lanka) took the bronze medals in this category.
In the 84kg category, Rajeev Sharma dominated the ring as
he defeated Afghanistan`s Toryalai Sadeqi to bag India`s
Mohammad Mijanur Rahman (Bangladesh) and Usman Shahid
(Pakistan) received the bronze medals.
In the 120kg category, Hitesh reigned supreme to fetch
the country the third gold in wrestling, beating Nepal`s
Satendra Prasad Yadav.
Bangladesh`s Najmul Haque and Mohammad Taseem of Pakistan
took the bronze medals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea