Wrestlers clinch 3 gold medals in South Asian Games
Dhaka: Indian wrestlers started their
campaign with a bang, clinching all three three gold medals up
for grabs in the 11th South Asian Games here today.
Pradeep Kumar knocked down Pakistani opponent Mohammad
Salman in the 66kg event for the gold at the National Kabaddi
Sorat Chandra Ray (Bangladesh) and Roshan Indika (Sri
Lanka) took the bronze medals in this category.
In the 84kg category, Rajeev Sharma dominated the ring as
he defeated Afghanistan`s Toryalai Sadeqi to bag India`s
Mohammad Mijanur Rahman (Bangladesh) and Usman Shahid
(Pakistan) received the bronze medals.
In the 120kg category, Hitesh reigned supreme to fetch
the country the third gold in wrestling, beating Nepal`s
Satendra Prasad Yadav.
Bangladesh`s Najmul Haque and Mohammad Taseem of Pakistan
took the bronze medals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj