Wrestlers clinch 3 gold medals in South Asian Games
Dhaka: Indian wrestlers started their
campaign with a bang, clinching all three three gold medals up
for grabs in the 11th South Asian Games here today.
Pradeep Kumar knocked down Pakistani opponent Mohammad
Salman in the 66kg event for the gold at the National Kabaddi
Sorat Chandra Ray (Bangladesh) and Roshan Indika (Sri
Lanka) took the bronze medals in this category.
In the 84kg category, Rajeev Sharma dominated the ring as
he defeated Afghanistan`s Toryalai Sadeqi to bag India`s
Mohammad Mijanur Rahman (Bangladesh) and Usman Shahid
(Pakistan) received the bronze medals.
In the 120kg category, Hitesh reigned supreme to fetch
the country the third gold in wrestling, beating Nepal`s
Satendra Prasad Yadav.
Bangladesh`s Najmul Haque and Mohammad Taseem of Pakistan
took the bronze medals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you