`Wrong to celebrate Osama`s death`
New York: Six in 10 Americans find it was wrong to celebrate the death of al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden, according to a new poll.
The poll conducted by Public Religion Research Institute found that 60 percent of Americans believe the Bible`s admonition not to "rejoice when your enemies fall" applies to how Americans should react to bin Laden`s death.
More than 8 in 10 (82 percent) Americans agree that bin Laden distorted the teachings of Islam to suit his own purposes, including 60 percent who completely agree.
"There is widespread agreement across the American public that bin Laden distorted the teachings of Islam for his own purposes," the poll said.
Other findings include that nearly two-thirds (65 percent) of Americans agree that bin Laden will be eternally punished for his sin in hell.
The Public Religion Research Institute conducted the poll in partnership with Religion News Service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi