Yamaha to launch scooters in India
New Delhi: Japanese two-wheeler maker Yamaha
on Sunday said it will introduce scooters in the Indian market in
order to tap the potential in segment.
The company is currently conducting a feasibility study
on the scooter market, which is expected to be complete by the
middle of this year.
"We are studying the market to enter the scooter segment,
but we have not finalised the product line yet. However, one
thing is sure that we will launch scooters in India," India
Yamaha Motor National Business Head Pankaj Dubey told a news agency at the 10th Auto Expo here.
The feasibility study is focusing on areas such as the model to be introduced and possible timeframe of launching the product in the country, he added.
"We are evaluating whether a model from our existing
global scooter portfolio will be launched here or a completely
new product will be developed for the Indian market," he said,
adding that the company is also evaluating whether Yamaha
would focus on premium or mass market product.
The Indian two-wheeler market comprises about 80 lakh
units per annum, of which over 75 percent is constituted by
Last week the company said it was looking at 10 percent
market-share in the Indian motorcycle segment by 2012.
The company is also aiming to increase its market share
in the 150cc motorcycle segment to 25 percent by the end of
this year from 15 percent at present. The segment comprises
about 8.5 lakh units per annum.
Indian Yamaha Motor had earlier launched an advanced
version of its racing bike YZS-R1 at the Auto Expo. It also
launched a limited edition of its 150cc bike YZS-R15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!