New Delhi: A day after the Supreme Court issued notice to the central government and CBI over the 2G spectrum scam, Telecom Minister A Raja Tuesday said there were allegations against him and the law would take its course.
“Yes there are allegations against me..,” he told reporters.
Asked about the Supreme Court notice, he said: “I haven’t come across the Supreme Court order.. Let there be an investigation.”
The country’s apex court Monday gave 10 days to Raja and the investigating agency to respond to the legal notice which alleges that the telecom minister caused a loss of around Rs 70,000 crore to the exchequer while granting telecom spectrum and licenses to firms in 2008.
The CBI has been investigating the case since October last year, but the petitioners argue that it is deliberately going slow as Raja is a union cabinet minister.