Yet another first round defeat for Sania
Dallas (USA): Sania Mirza`s poor singles run in the WTA circuit just got extended as the Indian bowed out of the Texas Tennis Open after receiving a straight sets bashing from the German world number 22 Sabine Lisicki.
The unseeded Indian lost meekly 3-6, 0-6 to the fifth seed in the opening round of the USD 220,00 hard court event.
Sania`s campaign ended at the tournament as she is not competing in the doubles event.
It`s now third time in the last five tournaments that Sania has not moved beyond the first round.
She had made the first-round exit at Washington DC and Carlsbad events and could not cross the qualifiers hurdles at Toronto and Cincinnati events after making a comeback to the circuit post Wimbledon break.
Sania is now trailing Lisicki one-two this season in head-to-head record.
Sania had beaten Lisicki at Charleston and got defeated at Auckland.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?