Yet another first round defeat for Sania
Dallas (USA): Sania Mirza`s poor singles run in the WTA circuit just got extended as the Indian bowed out of the Texas Tennis Open after receiving a straight sets bashing from the German world number 22 Sabine Lisicki.
The unseeded Indian lost meekly 3-6, 0-6 to the fifth seed in the opening round of the USD 220,00 hard court event.
Sania`s campaign ended at the tournament as she is not competing in the doubles event.
It`s now third time in the last five tournaments that Sania has not moved beyond the first round.
She had made the first-round exit at Washington DC and Carlsbad events and could not cross the qualifiers hurdles at Toronto and Cincinnati events after making a comeback to the circuit post Wimbledon break.
Sania is now trailing Lisicki one-two this season in head-to-head record.
Sania had beaten Lisicki at Charleston and got defeated at Auckland.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?