Yet another first round defeat for Sania
Dallas (USA): Sania Mirza`s poor singles run in the WTA circuit just got extended as the Indian bowed out of the Texas Tennis Open after receiving a straight sets bashing from the German world number 22 Sabine Lisicki.
The unseeded Indian lost meekly 3-6, 0-6 to the fifth seed in the opening round of the USD 220,00 hard court event.
Sania`s campaign ended at the tournament as she is not competing in the doubles event.
It`s now third time in the last five tournaments that Sania has not moved beyond the first round.
She had made the first-round exit at Washington DC and Carlsbad events and could not cross the qualifiers hurdles at Toronto and Cincinnati events after making a comeback to the circuit post Wimbledon break.
Sania is now trailing Lisicki one-two this season in head-to-head record.
Sania had beaten Lisicki at Charleston and got defeated at Auckland.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks
- Biopic should be made on PT Usha, says Sonam Kapoor