Yet another first round defeat for Sania
Dallas (USA): Sania Mirza`s poor singles run in the WTA circuit just got extended as the Indian bowed out of the Texas Tennis Open after receiving a straight sets bashing from the German world number 22 Sabine Lisicki.
The unseeded Indian lost meekly 3-6, 0-6 to the fifth seed in the opening round of the USD 220,00 hard court event.
Sania`s campaign ended at the tournament as she is not competing in the doubles event.
It`s now third time in the last five tournaments that Sania has not moved beyond the first round.
She had made the first-round exit at Washington DC and Carlsbad events and could not cross the qualifiers hurdles at Toronto and Cincinnati events after making a comeback to the circuit post Wimbledon break.
Sania is now trailing Lisicki one-two this season in head-to-head record.
Sania had beaten Lisicki at Charleston and got defeated at Auckland.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!