Yeung may take over Birmingham after new approach
London: Hong Kong businessman Carson Yeung could be on the verge of taking over Birmingham after his investment company again approached the Premier League club.
Birmingham said Wednesday that the approach from Grandtop International Holdings Ltd. "may or may not lead to an offer for the entire issued share capital."
Grandtop already owns a 29.9 percent stake in the club but Yeung`s previous efforts to buy the club two years ago foundered over concerns about the funding of the deal.
"As shareholders will be aware, previous approaches did not proceed and the issue of the funding of any possible offer will be a major factor in determining how the company responds to the approach," Birmingham said in a statement to the London Stock Exchange. "A further announcement updating shareholders will be made when appropriate."
Yeung initially tried to buy the central England team in November 2007, and manager Steve Bruce quit when the businessman refused to sanction the contract that the club had offered him.
Bruce joined Wigan and kept the club in the Premier League while Birmingham was relegated at the end of that season. It was promoted in May and opens the Premier League season at Manchester United on Sunday.
If an investor`s stake reaches 30 percent, they must make a mandatory offer for the remaining shares.
To take full control, Yeung would need to buy the two 23.22 percent stakes owned by David Sullivan and brothers David and Ralph Gold.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'