Youngsters can help Man U reclaim lost Premier League title: Giggs
London: Manchester United can reclaim the Premier League title on the performance of their younger lot of players, feels veteran Ryan Giggs.
United fielded eight players during their 3-1 victory over Celtic in Toronto on Friday who were 21 or under.
They included new signing Chris Smalling, 19, and goal scorers Tom Cleverley, 20, and Danny Welbeck, 19.
Da Silva twins Fabio and Rafael, just turned 20, excelled in the fullback roles.
“Hopefully these young players will get better. They’re excited and want to do well. I see their determination on the training ground,” The Sun quoted 36-year-old Giggs, as saying.
“They want to learn, get in the United team and stay there. That’s what I was like when I was younger and I see the same desire in them. Their determination and hunger can see them kick on. There is an added hunger in the squad after not winning the title last season,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!