Youngsters can help Man U reclaim lost Premier League title: Giggs
London: Manchester United can reclaim the Premier League title on the performance of their younger lot of players, feels veteran Ryan Giggs.
United fielded eight players during their 3-1 victory over Celtic in Toronto on Friday who were 21 or under.
They included new signing Chris Smalling, 19, and goal scorers Tom Cleverley, 20, and Danny Welbeck, 19.
Da Silva twins Fabio and Rafael, just turned 20, excelled in the fullback roles.
“Hopefully these young players will get better. They’re excited and want to do well. I see their determination on the training ground,” The Sun quoted 36-year-old Giggs, as saying.
“They want to learn, get in the United team and stay there. That’s what I was like when I was younger and I see the same desire in them. Their determination and hunger can see them kick on. There is an added hunger in the squad after not winning the title last season,” he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know