Youngsters can help Man U reclaim lost Premier League title: Giggs
London: Manchester United can reclaim the Premier League title on the performance of their younger lot of players, feels veteran Ryan Giggs.
United fielded eight players during their 3-1 victory over Celtic in Toronto on Friday who were 21 or under.
They included new signing Chris Smalling, 19, and goal scorers Tom Cleverley, 20, and Danny Welbeck, 19.
Da Silva twins Fabio and Rafael, just turned 20, excelled in the fullback roles.
“Hopefully these young players will get better. They’re excited and want to do well. I see their determination on the training ground,” The Sun quoted 36-year-old Giggs, as saying.
“They want to learn, get in the United team and stay there. That’s what I was like when I was younger and I see the same desire in them. Their determination and hunger can see them kick on. There is an added hunger in the squad after not winning the title last season,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?