Youngsters can help Man U reclaim lost Premier League title: Giggs
London: Manchester United can reclaim the Premier League title on the performance of their younger lot of players, feels veteran Ryan Giggs.
United fielded eight players during their 3-1 victory over Celtic in Toronto on Friday who were 21 or under.
They included new signing Chris Smalling, 19, and goal scorers Tom Cleverley, 20, and Danny Welbeck, 19.
Da Silva twins Fabio and Rafael, just turned 20, excelled in the fullback roles.
“Hopefully these young players will get better. They’re excited and want to do well. I see their determination on the training ground,” The Sun quoted 36-year-old Giggs, as saying.
“They want to learn, get in the United team and stay there. That’s what I was like when I was younger and I see the same desire in them. Their determination and hunger can see them kick on. There is an added hunger in the squad after not winning the title last season,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- BJP workers stall Uttar Pradesh Assembly proceedings, bring city to halt
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags spotted as massive protests continue in Balochistan
- Fitch reaffirms Bharat Petroleum's ratings with stable outlook
- Michael Phelps ruled Twitter during Rio Olympics 2016
- Leaked Scorpene papers won't affect stealth aspect: Indian Navy