YSR son Jaganmohan leaves for Hyderabad
Idupulapaya (Kadapa): YS Jaganmohan
Reddy, who is being projected as the next chief minister of
Andhra Pradesh, left for Hyderabad on Sunday, two days after his
father YS Rajasekhara Reddy was laid to rest here.
Accompanied by his mother Vijayalakshmi and sister
Sharmila, he left by a helicopter.
Though the Congress high command has sought to
restrain his supporters from openly campaigning for making him
the next chief minister, his presence in Hyderabad is expected
to again galvanise the drive.
Meanwhile, a multi-religious prayer meeting to condole
the death of Rajasekhara Reddy was held at the state Congress
headquarter, Gandhi Bhavan, in Hyderabad.
Interim Chief Minister K Rosaiah, PCC president D
Srinivas, former chief minister Janardhan Reddy, Union
Minister S Jaipal Reddy and Rajya Sabha member T Subbirami
Reddy were among those present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy