Yusuf crushes DC with sheer willow might
Ahmedabad: Yusuf Pathan sent the ball into the orbit time and again, hitting a 23-ball fifty, his sixth in IPL III, to set the match in the home team’s favour. In the end, his pyrotechnics earned Rajasthan Royals an eight wicket victory over Deccan Chargers.
With the win, Shane Warne led outfit is back in the top four teams of the tournament.
Royals had started their run-chase with the opening pair of Michael Lumb (45) and Naman Ojha trying to work out RP Singh and Rohit Sharma. The duo didn’t disappoint, racing away to the first fifty in no time at all, courtesy a 20-run over off RP Singh’s bowling.
Ojha was however, claimed by Pragyan at a score of fourteen runs. It did not come as a breather though for the Chargers, as the danger-man Yusuf Pathan came out to the pitch. Spelling fireworks from the word go, the burly hitter got to his job.
Deccan Chargers had posted a modest 149-run target for Shane Warne’s men to chase at a jam packed Sardar Vallabhai Patel Stadium. Rohit Sharma’s 49-run cameo had ensured that they posted a somewhat defendable total on the board.
This was because Hyderabad lost six top order batsmen as they went past the 100-run mark and looked edgy while Rajasthan bowlers dried up the boundaries.
Batting first after winning the toss, Hyderabad were off to a forgettable start, losing their skipper Gilchrist in the very first over.
Scripts did not took a dramatic turn-around from there-on as Rajasthan Royals kept chipping in with regular wickets as Deccan plane failed to get the right speed.
VVS Laxman (10), Andrew Symonds (22) and Herschelle Gibbs (25) got starts but failed to capitalize on it. Symonds in particular was unluckiest off the lot as he ran for a suicidal run on Rohit Sharma’s call as a flat throw from crease caught him miles away from the stumps.
Skipper Shane Warne has indeed inspired the outfit and sent a strong warning to all other teams saying, "We sent a message to the other teams today that the Rajasthan Royals are back playing some good cricket. We did everything right today. We have had some good chats and pep talks that has helped. Munaf could not play today but I hope he will be back soon. We expect the senior Indian players to do well. We have only lost 1 game in 2 IPL`s at home and we look to keep the record intact."
With the final four births still open for a re-shuffle, tomorrow`s game between bottom ranked Kolkata Knight Riders and Kings XI Punjab will be a one to stay tuned-to.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'