Yuvraj may not stay at KXIP after IPL 3
New Delhi: Kings XI Punjab’s ‘icon’ player Yuvraj Singh, who is said to be unhappy with his present team, could end his ‘relation’ with it as soon as IPL 3 is over.
If sources are to be believed, one of the two new franchisees is interested in buying Yuvraj Singh if the player makes himself available for sale. It is also learnt that some of the existing franchisees are also interested in having him in their team.
Yuvraj himself added enough fuel to this speculation when he told a TV channel last night that he would finalise the future course of action after going through new rules for IPL 4.
It was earlier reported that Yuvraj, who was unceremoniously sacked as Kings XI captain before IPL 3, was unwilling to play for the Kings before IPL 3 had started. But since he had to complete his three-year contract, he had decided to stay for one more year.
Though it is still unknown what led Kings XI to sack Yuvraj as captain, team owner Ness Wadia’s comment that the concept of icon player has not suited all teams was a clear indication of his differences with the star player.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's 'aide' arrested over alleged terror links
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari