Yuvraj may not stay at KXIP after IPL 3
New Delhi: Kings XI Punjab’s ‘icon’ player Yuvraj Singh, who is said to be unhappy with his present team, could end his ‘relation’ with it as soon as IPL 3 is over.
If sources are to be believed, one of the two new franchisees is interested in buying Yuvraj Singh if the player makes himself available for sale. It is also learnt that some of the existing franchisees are also interested in having him in their team.
Yuvraj himself added enough fuel to this speculation when he told a TV channel last night that he would finalise the future course of action after going through new rules for IPL 4.
It was earlier reported that Yuvraj, who was unceremoniously sacked as Kings XI captain before IPL 3, was unwilling to play for the Kings before IPL 3 had started. But since he had to complete his three-year contract, he had decided to stay for one more year.
Though it is still unknown what led Kings XI to sack Yuvraj as captain, team owner Ness Wadia’s comment that the concept of icon player has not suited all teams was a clear indication of his differences with the star player.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre