Yuvraj may not stay at KXIP after IPL 3
New Delhi: Kings XI Punjab’s ‘icon’ player Yuvraj Singh, who is said to be unhappy with his present team, could end his ‘relation’ with it as soon as IPL 3 is over.
If sources are to be believed, one of the two new franchisees is interested in buying Yuvraj Singh if the player makes himself available for sale. It is also learnt that some of the existing franchisees are also interested in having him in their team.
Yuvraj himself added enough fuel to this speculation when he told a TV channel last night that he would finalise the future course of action after going through new rules for IPL 4.
It was earlier reported that Yuvraj, who was unceremoniously sacked as Kings XI captain before IPL 3, was unwilling to play for the Kings before IPL 3 had started. But since he had to complete his three-year contract, he had decided to stay for one more year.
Though it is still unknown what led Kings XI to sack Yuvraj as captain, team owner Ness Wadia’s comment that the concept of icon player has not suited all teams was a clear indication of his differences with the star player.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees