Yuvraj Singh out of CT; Kohli to replace
Johannesburg: India’s chances in the Champions Trophy suffered a big jolt after dashing middle order batsman Yuvraj Singh was injured during a practice session and ruled out of the entire tournament here on Wednesday.
According to reports, Yuvi fractured his finger during practice and left the field immediately for medical attention.
Virat Kohli has been named as replacement for the injured southpaw.
Yuvraj was enthusiastically taking part in the fielding session at the University Ground here. But in the process, he ended up hurting his right finger so badly that he couldn`t participate in the batting and bowling sessions which were conducted later in the day.
The left-hander was attended to by physio Nitin Patel before he proceeded for a medical examination.
India are already an injury-hit side going into the tournament, missing the services of star opener Virender Sehwag, who is nursing a shoulder problem.
Sehwag`s fellow opener Gautam Gambhir was also nursing a groin strain ahead of the tournament. Gambhir did not play in the team`s only practice match against New Zealand.
Pacer Zaheer Khan is also missing from action due to an injury.
Team India, who regained their number one spot in the ICC ODI rankings after South Africa’s loss to Sri Lanka yesterday, are scheduled too take on arch rivals Pakistan in their first match of the Champions Trophy on September 26.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'