Zaveri Bazaar blast due to scooter bomb
New Delhi: Union Home Secretary RK Singh, Friday, confirmed that the bomb that went off in Zaveri Bazaar was placed in a scooter.
Briefing reporters here, Singh said, “We have identified the scooter in which one of the bombs was planted. The CCTV footage is being scrutinised…all the people who figure in it have to be recognised by local people. It is voluminous; there are about 11 CDs that have to be gone through.”
“All the people need to identified. People who get recognised have to be put through a data base to see whether they match other people. Suspicious people are being verified,” he added.
“Various people are being questioned on the basis of previous known linkages,” he pointed.
Clearly, investigators probing the deadly Mumbai blasts are pinning their hopes on close circuit television (CCTV) footages for clues.
Zee News has accessed CCTV footages from Zaveri Bazaar and Opera House, the disturbing visuals show people running for cover and later helping those injured. All in all 23 CCTV cameras are said have captured crucial images.
As per reports, one camera in Opera House has captured the images of the possible suspects. The footage shows three or four people talking on the phone for over an hour and a half at the same spot.
Moreover, a person carrying a bag is reported to have been identified as a suspect. He is seen moving towards a parked motorcycle and within seconds there is an explosion.
As the government has already confirmed that one of the bodies recovered from the Opera House site had an electric circuit on it, reports speculate whether it was the same person with the bag – possibly carrying the bomb – which exploded prematurely, killing him as well?
Importantly, the investigators have not rejected the possibility of the presence of a human bomb.
Maharashtra Anti-terrorism Squad chief Rakesh Maria said that investigating officials are thoroughly going through the CCTV footages obtained from the blast sites. "The
volume is a huge and we are going through each and every footage," he said, adding that it was too early to say whether a "human bomb" was used.
Union Home Minister P Chidambaram said it was too early "to point a finger at any one group".
All groups "hostile to India" are on the "radar" in the probe, he said. The minister revised the death toll to 18 including a person with a severed head from 21 which was put out in an official list released by the ministry. 131 (EDs Correct) persons were injured of whom 23 are in a serious condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in