Zee News Exclusive: Lucknow blood racket busted
Lucknow/New Delhi: In an arrest that could shock the nation, six persons allegedly involved in spurious blood racket were arrested in Lucknow on Saturday, police said. The arrest has exposed a huge racket that has supposedly sold about 1 lakh unit of adulterated blood.
According to the breaking news report by Zee News, the culprits used to adulterate blood by mixing it even with the blood of animals sometimes. There are reports that they used to sell this adulterated blood from Rs 1000 to Rs 1200 to the people in urgent need.
Zee News has got information that they used to change the blood group slips on the packets depending on the requirement.
Additional Superintendent of Police (West) Paresh Pandey said, "Six persons allegedly involved in illegal trading of blood were arrested by a police team from Thakurganj area this morning."
He said that 60-70 pouches containing blood, along with plasma, empty pouches, syringes and fake stamp seals, stickers and authority letter of Chattrapati Shahuji Maharaj Medical University were recovered from their possession.
"They were virtually running a laboratory, where blood was collected through syringes and was later packed in empty pouches," Pandey said adding that the gang had 14 members of which six were arrested.
The SP said that Deepak Pandey aka Amit, who was among arrested accused was the kingpin of the gang.
"Samples were being sent for testing and efforts are being made to arrest other members of the gang," he said.
Though SP claims otherwise, Zee News has information that the kingpin is still at large.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal