Zee News Exclusive: Lucknow blood racket busted
Lucknow/New Delhi: In an arrest that could shock the nation, six persons allegedly involved in spurious blood racket were arrested in Lucknow on Saturday, police said. The arrest has exposed a huge racket that has supposedly sold about 1 lakh unit of adulterated blood.
According to the breaking news report by Zee News, the culprits used to adulterate blood by mixing it even with the blood of animals sometimes. There are reports that they used to sell this adulterated blood from Rs 1000 to Rs 1200 to the people in urgent need.
Zee News has got information that they used to change the blood group slips on the packets depending on the requirement.
Additional Superintendent of Police (West) Paresh Pandey said, "Six persons allegedly involved in illegal trading of blood were arrested by a police team from Thakurganj area this morning."
He said that 60-70 pouches containing blood, along with plasma, empty pouches, syringes and fake stamp seals, stickers and authority letter of Chattrapati Shahuji Maharaj Medical University were recovered from their possession.
"They were virtually running a laboratory, where blood was collected through syringes and was later packed in empty pouches," Pandey said adding that the gang had 14 members of which six were arrested.
The SP said that Deepak Pandey aka Amit, who was among arrested accused was the kingpin of the gang.
"Samples were being sent for testing and efforts are being made to arrest other members of the gang," he said.
Though SP claims otherwise, Zee News has information that the kingpin is still at large.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org