Sankeerth, who had gone to US two and a half years ago for studying Master of Science programme, had joined a job in Austin three months ago after completing his course.
"The court directed the police to book a case and accordingly the case was booked under section 124A (sedition)," Deputy Commissioner of Police Tafseer Iqubal told PTI.
Principal special judge for ACB cases, Victor Immanuel, Thursday convicted P Venkatesham and sentenced him to under rigorous imprisonment and also imposed a fine of Rs 30,000 on him.
A city court on Thursday directed police to book a case against AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi for stating that he will provide legal aid to suspected Islamic State (IS) sympathisers arrested here last month.
The two were arrested in connection with the ongoing investigation at Hyderabad for their involvement in terror conspiracy case.
As per the federal set-up of India, external affairs is the exclusive preserve of the Union government.
BJP on Monday denied the charges levelled by AAP that its president Amit Shah had met AIMIM chief Akbaruddin Owaisi to discuss division of minority votes in Bihar elections and challenged the party to prove it.
Ten-year-old Hyderabad girl had been on ventilator support for over a week.
What if we ask you a question - Which is the best Indian city to live in?
A businessman here strangulated his wife, a Congolese national, cut the body into pieces and set them ablaze as he was suspecting her character, police said on Tuesday.
Five youths were arrested by NIA in Hyderabad on June 29, who they said were getting instructions from ISIS for planning and carrying out terror acts in India.
In a horrific incident, a man in Hyderabad allegedly killed his wife, Cynthia, cut her body into pieces, stuffed them in a suitcase and tried to set the suitcase ablaze at an isolated place near Madanpally village at Shamshabad on Monday night.
The National Investigation Agency has found an evidence proving a connection between the five Hyderabad youths it arrested on June 29 and the Islamic State (IS).
This could spell a major trouble for AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi!
A police complaint was on Sunday lodged against AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi in Hyderabad over his decision to provide legal help to five arrested terror suspects while a petition seeking a sedition case against him was filed in a court in Meerut.
A petition seeking lodging of a case against AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi was filed in a court on Sunday by a member of UP Bar Council who alleged his remarks on the youths held by NIA amounted to treason and promoted terrorism.
Slamming AIMIM President Asaduddin Owaisi over his decision to provide legal help to men arrested for allegedly being members of an ISIS module, BJP on Sunday accused him of "betraying" the country and sought action against him for "helping" the terror group.
A ten-year-old girl was sexually assaulted and then brutally murdered allegedly by a habitual offender Hyderabad.
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejashwi Yadav has refrained from commenting on AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi's decision to provide legal aid to five IS suspects arrested from Hyderabad by the National Investigation agency, but asserted that such issues should not be politicised and the investigative agencies must be allowed to probe the matter freely.
Some shocking revelations have been made after the arrest of five Islamic State (IS) suspects in Hyderabad.
The MIM chief had on Friday announced that his party would provide legal aid to five IS suspects arrested from Hyderabad earlier this week by the NIA.
The MIM chief wondered if government can do away with Article 371 which has given cultural rights and protection to Mizoram and Nagaland.
The Islamic State (IS) suspects, arrested by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Wednesday, had planned to strike Hyderabad between 5 pm to 7 pm in a bid to maximum damage.
The arrested ISIS 'sympathisers' had contributed Rs 1.5 lakh to carry out terror attacks in Hyderabad.
A special NIA court here on Thursday sent five Islamic State (IS) suspects allegedly plotting terror attacks in the city to judicial custody till July 14.
The Islamic State (IS) suspects had planned to incite communal violence during the ongoing holy month of Ramadan in Hyderabad.
The 'IS sympathisers' had planned to place cow and buffalo meat at the Bhagyalakshmi temple at the base of the iconic Charminar in Hyderabad.
- India's first traffic robot introduced in Indore
- Martyr Kashmiri cop Firoz Dar's poem on Facebook goes viral
- DNA: Analysing Anil Kumble's exit statement as India coach
- J&K: Three LeT terrorists killed in Pulwama
- Two injured in firing outside Jalandhar mall
- DNA: Analysis of life taking speed breakers
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- Agra: Drunk policeman creates ruckus, assaults hotel staff
- Prez poll: Kovind files nomination; Meira Kumar to challenge him
- Lucknow: 7-year-old girl dies after iron gate of UP Secretariat falls on her
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- ISRO's PSLV-C38 places Cartosat-2 along with 30 nano satellites in orbit
- DNA: Today in History, June 21, 2016
- DNA: Analysing the power of yoga
- Presidential election: JD(U) supports NDA pick Ram Nath Kovind
- Bihar Board 10th result 2017: BSEB 10th result 2017/Matric result 2017 declared, check biharboard.ac.in; overall pass percentage is 50.12
- NEET Result 2017: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- Countdown begins as ISRO set to launch Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites Friday
- BJP leader Bandi Ramesh hacked to death in Karnataka's Ballari
- Day of retirements for New Zealand: Black Caps lose Luke Ronchi, Jeetan Patel on same day
- Virat Kohli vs Anil Kumble: Batting great Sunil Gavaskar demands clarification from India captain
- Tubelight movie review: Even Salman Khan's star power isn’t bright enough to illuminate Kabir Khan's film!
- ISRO successfully plants Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites in orbit - This is what PM Modi has to say!
- LIVE: IND vs WI, 1st ODI — Excellent start by India openers
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- Srinagar cop stripped naked, stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid; 2 arrested
- Allahabad High Court quashes Uttar Pradesh govt order, reinstates six Shia Waqf Board members
- China funding Pakistan's mega dam in Pak-occupied Kashmir?
- Government announces names of 30 more smart cities; Thiruvanathapuram tops list
- WATCH: The Great Khali's protegee Kavita Devi makes history, all set to become first Indian woman ever to fight in WWE