Government considering to showcase legacies of all PMs at NMML
New Delhi: The Centre is considering building a museum to showcase the lives and legacies of all prime ministers at the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library (NMML), the Lok Sabha was informed on Monday.
However, neither a final decision has been taken in this regard nor a construction site identified yet, Union Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma said in a written reply.
Established in memory of Jawaharlal Nehru, the NMML is an autonomous institution under the Union Culture Ministry. It is currently associated solely with the first prime minister of India.
Located in the majestic Teen Murti House, which was the official residence of the first prime minister, it has four major constituents which include, a Memorial Museum, a Library on modern India and Nehru Planetarium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO