New Delhi: A government official on Wednesday said there was no information about death of any Indian in the April 13 bombing by the US on an ISIS tunnel complex in Afghanistan.
Earlier news agency ANI had reported that thirteen Indian nationals who had joined Islamic State were among those killed in the Mother of all bombs (MOAB) bombing in Afghanistan`s Achin district.
News agency PTI reported that an Islamic State recruit from Kerala was among 36 ISIS militants killed when the US military dropped the 'MOAB' of all bombs” in the eastern Afghan province of Nangarhar.
Mohammed, who was in his mid 20s, killed in the US assault, an intelligence officer of the Kerala Police said. However, he didn't have proof to confirm it.
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan had last year informed the state assembly that 21 people, including children, were missing and this included 17 from Kasargode district and four from Palakkad district.
The US military last week dropped its largest non-nuclear bomb ever deployed in combat on an Islamic State tunnel complex in eastern Afghanistan, close to the Pakistani border.
A GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast Bomb (MOAB), nicknamed "Mother Of All Bombs," was dropped on a tunnel complex of ISIS-Khorasan, a regional affiliate of the terror group, in Achin district of Afghanistan's Nanagarh province, the Pentagon said.