PM Narendra Modi hails social initiatives of Essel Group - Here are his top quotes
Essel Group celebrated its 90th anniversary on Sunday.
Delhi: The prestigious Essel Group celebrated its 90th anniversary on Sunday with a mega event held at Indira Gandhi Stadium.
The Group's journey started in 1926 in Sadalpur, a small village close to Hisar when Essel Group's Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra's family set up a grain market in a place called Mandi Adampur.
The function was graced by many dignitaries including Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President Pranab Mukherjee.
On the occasion, two social initiatives were launched by the PM. These include Sarthi – a people’s empowerment programme on subjects such as education, health and employment and the DSC Foundation with a corpus of Rs. 5000 crore, to empower people in need.
Speaking at the event, PM Modi described the programmes as an illustration of Indian traditions and said that India has had a tradition where successive generations take family values forward.
He also recalled his earlier meetings with Shri Nandkishore Goenka and said that the family has always been open to new ideas, and has taken every challenge as an opportunity, to create a presence in a range of initiatives from “soil to satellite.”
Following are the top quotes by PM Modi:
- Today's occasion is obviously connected with the Essel Group but it is also connected with values associated with our land.
- We in our country attach immense importance to family values. The family is a very strong institution.
- I have known the family of Dr Subhash Chandra for years. Their business group is active in so many sectors.
- 'Waste to wealth' is a belief that is gaining momentum. Lot of social entrepreneurship is being devoted towards this.
- Saarthi and DSC Foundation have been inaugurated today. These initiatives reflect values their family believes in.
- While 'Saarthi' presents a good blend of rights and duties, the DSC Foundation will help build a large number of job creators.
- Dr Chandra ji spoke about Ekal Vidyalayas. The manner in which his family has supported these schools is commendable.