Ram Mandir should be built at his birthplace, Masjid on other side of Sarayu river: Subramanian Swamy
New Delhi: BJP MP Subramanian Swamy on Tuesday suggested a plan on the controversial matter of Ram Janambhoomi-Babri Masjid.
"The Ram temple should be built at Ram Janambhoomi (birthplace of Ram) while the Masjid (mosque) on the other side of Sarayu river to resolve the Ayodhya issue," BJP leader Subramanian Swamy suggested.
"We were always ready. Mandir and Masjid should be built but Masjid should be built on other side of Sarayu river. The Ram Janambhoomi should be entirely for Ram Mandir," he told reporters.
His response came after the Supreme Court on Tuesday said the Ayodhya dispute must be settled amicably and all parties must hold discussion out of court to find an amicable solution.
Swamy argued that in Saudi Arabia and other Muslim nations, mosque is regarded as the place where 'Namaaz' (prayer) is offered and prayer can be offered at any place.
"My suggestion is that Masjid be built on other side of the Sarayu river and Ram Janambhoomi be handed over for Ram Temple. We cannot change the birthplace of Ram, but Masjid can be made anywhere," he said.
The BJP leader said he wanted the apex court to suggest the name of a mediator on the issue and hoped that the decision in this regard would be made by March 31.
A bench headed by Chief Justice J S Khehar said that such religious issues can be solved through negotiations and offered to mediate to arrive at an amicable settlement.
The observation came after Swamy sought urgent hearing of the issue.
The Parliamentarian had stated that it has been over six years and the matter needed to be heard at the earliest.
He told the court that he had approached the Muslim community members who told him that judicial intervention was required to solve the matter.
On February 26 last year, the apex court had allowed Swamy to intervene in the pending matters relating to the Ayodhya title dispute against his plea seeking construction of Ram temple at the site of the demolished disputed structure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users