NEW DELHI: On April Fool's Day, Reliance Jio played a prank with its users and promised them 'Jio Juice' - a battery that will never run out of power.
In a series of tweets, the company introduced 'Jio Juice' to its customers. "Your digital life will never get interrupted again. #JioJuice Coming Soon," Jio tweeted on Friday.
"Is this you when your phone loses power? #JioJuice Coming Soon," Jio added in another tweet.
To make it more believable and appealing to its users, Jio on Saturday shared a video on 'Jio Juice'. It took to Twitter and posted the video captioning it, "Time to say goodbye to chargers and heavy power
banks. Introducing #JioJuice. #WithLoveFromJio."
— Reliance Jio (@reliancejio) March 31, 2018
In the course of introducing 'Jio Juice', the company posed the following questions to its customers:
- How many times has it happened that you left home in the morning only to realize that you are low on battery?
- How many times couldn't you complete a juicy gossip on a call because your phone ran out of battery midway?
- And how many times you have faked it saying you are 'low on battery' to avoid someone?
- How many times your long journey became boring because your phone battery died before the climax of the movie?
- How many times have you asked strangers if they have a charger, running from one plug point to another just to see if your crush has liked your profile pic?
- How many times you were embarrassed carrying bulky power banks stuffed in your pocket into a meeting.
- Today, while Jio has made data abundant, the only thing that limits your digital life is your phone's battery life. But, what if your phone never runs out of juice?
Revealing the prank to its users, Jio on Sunday tweeted, "Until that day arrives. Happy #AprilFoolsDay. #JioJuice #WithLoveFromJio."
The prank certainly has left Jio users in splits.
Watch your back, before you get fooled again!