Telangana CM urges PM Narendra Modi to take up NRI killings with US
Hyderabad: Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao has urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to take up the recent killings of Indians in the United States with the US authorities.
In a letter to Modi, the Chief Minister said the killings had shaken the confidence of families of Indians working in the US.
"It has also been noticed that hate crimes against Indians have increased," Rao wrote.
He referred to the killings of Hyderabad`s aeronautical engineer Srinivas Kuchibhotla and Warangal`s software engineer Vamshi Reddy Mamidala last month.
Kuchibhotla, 32, was killed and his friend Alok Madasani injured when Adam W. Purinton, who earlier served in the US Navy, shot them in Olathe, Kansas state, on February 23.
Mamidala was shot dead in Milpitas, California, on February 10 in a garage in his apartment building.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why