Noting that the Narendra Modi government did not believe in "helplessness" or allowing issues to persist, Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley today said the firmness with which the Centre acted has finally paid off as Pakistan was made to realise that its indulgence in terrorism against India would become "unbearable" for that country.
Bloomberg reported that the ministry may be purchasing 185,000 modern assault rifles from global markets.
State In Depth
- Rape case: SC seeks Rajasthan's response on Asaram's plea
- Kashmir largely peaceful, separatists' march plan foiled
- Shocking! Video of cop slapping 'dhaba' owner in Punjab's Moga goes viral - Watch
- Scary ghost prank goes viral, gets over 1 lakh views - Must Watch
- Explosion at firecracker factory in Ghaziabad, one dead; fire tenders rushed
- Car falls into gorge after being hit by truck in MP, three killed
In a rare move, the Government today gave second extension of one year to senior IPS officer Sharad Kumar by re-employing him as Director General of National Investigation Agency (NIA) for a period of one year.
A Delhi court today sent Shoaib Hasan, the third accused arrested in connection with the alleged Pakistan espionage case, to 11-day police custody after the agency said he was to be confronted with two other arrested men to unearth the larger conspiracy.
Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan on Friday confirmed that Prime Minister Narendra Modi will celebrate Diwali this year in Mana Gaon village of Chamoli sector in Uttarakhand with Indo Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBP) and said that this efforts will boost the morale of the Army men.
Army Chief General Dalbir Singh on Friday reviewed the operational preparedness along the India-China border in Himachal Pradesh, an official statement said.
Union Minister Jitendra Singh slammed Jawahar Lal Nehru's policies in handling Jammu and Kashmir's situation.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Friday declared the state free of open defecation under the `Swachh Bharat Mission`, thereby ensuring a clean state.
The United States has said that India and Pakistan need to solve issues among themselves following heightened tensions over the expelling of diplomats.
Union Minister Kiren Rijiju on Friday called for creating a "conducive" atmosphere in the North East so that the investments could flow to the region.
Ban on import and sale of Chinese crackers has had little or no effect on domestically-made ones as traders across major cities report poor business owing to anti-cracker campaign run by schools, resident welfare associations and others, Assocham said today.
Situation along the Indo-Pak border continues to remain tense after terrorists attacked an Army camp in Uri killing 19 soldiers on September 17.
To clear extra rush of passengers and for their convenience during Diwali, Western Railway (WR) will run special trains from Bandra Terminus here to Ahmedabad and Allahabad.
Uttar Pradesh minister Azam Khan has criticised Prime Minister Narendra Modi for raising 'Jai Shree Ram' slogan at the Dussehra function, saying that the PM belonged to the nation and should have raised slogans of all religions.
The Regional Meteorological Centre (RMC) on Friday said this year's North East monsoon, which is likely to set in on October 30, was expected to be "near normal" one
A 77-year-old former soldier from China, who entered India during the 1962 Sino-India war after allegedly losing his way and later settled in Madhya Pradesh, is longing to go back to his native land and reunite with his siblings.
India on Friday condemned the expulsion of its High Commission staffer in Islamabad, saying Pakistan has not given any justification.
The Indian Army carried out surgical strikes on the intervening night of September 28 and 29 targeting “launch pads” for terrorists across the Line of Control.
Coming down hard at the Centre, the Supreme Court on Friday said there should not be a deadlock in appointment of judges.
The Bihar government has decided to move the Supreme Court for the cancellation of a bail granted to suspended Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MLC Tunna Ji Pandey in a molestation case.
Former Foreign Security Shivshankar Menon has claimed that a proposal to attack Lashkar-e-Toiba's headquarters in Muridke in Pakistan’s Punjab province, or their camps in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir was made before the Congress-led UPA government in 2008.
- F1: Difficult to take away top spot from Nico Rosberg, says Lewis Hamilton
- Indian Super League: Chennaiyin take on Kerala in southern derby
- Pak opposition leader Imran Khan says under virtual house arrest
- Celebrate 'love' this Diwali with Neha-Tony Kakkar's 'Khuda Bhi Jab'!
- 'Modi govt made Pakistan pay price for terrorism against India'
- Turkey suspends 265 soldiers for coup links
- Master blaster Sachin Tendulkar's heartfelt Diwali wish to Indian Army
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Why is Mamata Banerjee silent on communal agitation in West Bengal?
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- DNA: Analysis of how Kejriwal attempts to doubt India's surgical strike - Part II
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- #PakStandsWithKejriwal: Arvind Kejriwal's popularity soars in Pakistan, Delhi CM becomes No 1 Twitter trend
- BIG CATCH! Pakistani boat along with 9 crew members caught by Indian coast guard in Gujarat
- Major Gaurav Arya writes open letter, blasts Karan Johar, Mahesh Bhatt and people batting for Pakistani artists - MUST READ
- Jayalalithaa health condition: Tamil Nadu CM's treatment plan is being advised by this British doctor - Know about him
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Buying Jio SIM online for free?
- Jayalalithaa unwell: Expelled AIADMK MP writes to Governor, voices concerns over Tamil Nadu CM's 'signature forgery'
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Surat businessman gifts cars, flats to his employees as Diwali bonus!
- Bangalore: Residents protest against proposed steel flyover project
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Battle for Mosul: Iraqi forces making advance ISIL stronghold!
- Jammu: Pakistan violates ceasefire yet again in RS Pura sector
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Two powerful earthquakes hit Italy, tremors felt in Rome
- DNA: Delayed ambulance service causes loss of professor's life in Aligarh
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh on Himachal visit today to review border areas with Tibet
- DNA: Today in History | October 27, 2016
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh
- Pinched by goods boycott-call, China warns India of impact on investments from its enterprises
- Home Ministry moves against Zakir Naik, calls IRF 'unlawful association', action soon
- Haryana's BJP government invites Arvind Kejriwal to golden jubilee celebrations; PM Narendra Modi will be chief guest
- 'I will shoot Arvind Kejriwal' - Man calls up Delhi Police Control Room, threatens to kill Delhi CM
- Whole stadium erupts as local boy MS Dhoni steps on to Ranchi field against New Zealand – WATCH
- Kangana Ranaut takes a dig at Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra!
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil movie tweet review
- Bigg Boss 10: How much money is each of the commoner getting?