While the term of the Uttar Pradesh assembly ends on May 27, 2017, those of Goa, Manipur and Punjab end on March 18.
Viraat has sailed under tow for the very last time from Kochi and is being towed to Mumbai, to be decommissioned soon.
State In Depth
- Opposition calls Jharkhand shutdown on Monday
- Rajkot to get AIIMS soon, says Mandaviya
- Chopper ferrying President's entourage makes emergency landing
- Samajwadi Party on brink of split as CM sacks Shivpal; Ramgopal expelled
- American woman caught with live bullet at IGIA airport
- Azam Khan blames 'one single outsider' for Samajwadi Party feud
The emails hacked from the email account of John Podesta, chairman of Clinton Campaign, also indicates NGOs opposing a massive mining project in Australia being undertaken by the Adani Group.
An enabling alternative dispute resolution ecosystem is a national priority as it will not only add to investors' comfort level but also ease the burden on courts , PM Modi said.
CJI also lamented that India lacks proper institutions to hold arbitration proceedings, forcing people to approach "five star hotels and clubs" for the purpose.
"It is happening due to one single outsider who has penetrated into the ruling party?s family and I have been apprising my colleagues about his detrimental presence in the party. Had a serious and severe action been taken, the damage could have been averted," he said.
A depression over east-central Bay of Bengal moved east-north-eastwards, intensified into a deep depression today and lay centered over Bay of Bengal.
"Government's doors for talks with Naxals are always open provided that the dialogue must be under the purview of democracy and constitution," state's Home Minister Ramsewak Paikra said in a statement on sunday.
Government on Sunday said it is planning to further relax the visa regime "shortly" to attract more tourists and businesses to the country.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh will raise the issue of Pakistan's continuous support to cross-border terrorism with the top leadership of Bahrain and seek their cooperation in tackling international terrorism during his three-day visit to the Gulf country beginning on sunday.
Dishes such as butter chicken, naan and dal makhani are favoured by Taiwanese people at Indian restaurants, say restaurateurs in Taiwan.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday ruled out any move to split the Samajwadi Party even as he called himself the rightful successor to his father and party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav.
The BJP`s demand came amid a deepening strife within the Samajwadi Party, with Akhilesh Yadav sacking four ministers and the Samajwadi leadership retaliating by ousting Ram Gopal Yadav, a senior leader.
President Pranab Mukherjee on Sunday inaugurated a revamped version of the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Hospital and Heart Institute and a modern Sevashram Hospital in Gujarat`s twin cities of Ankleshwar and Bharuch.
AIADMK legislators and workers today took out a procession with milk vessels on their heads and offered prayers at a temple for recovery of party supremo and hospitalised Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa.
The Samajwadi Party will contest the Uttar Pradesh elections under the leadership of its leader Mulayam Singh Yadav, sacked cabinet minister Shivpal Singh Yadav announced on Sunday.
Congress today hit out at Devendra Fadnavis for "brokering" a truce with MNS chief Raj Thackeray over the release of 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil', saying the Maharashtra Chief Minister would now be the country's "new Censor Board".
A 47-year-old man from Maharashtra, on pilgrimage to the Himalayan cave shrine of Mata Vaishno Devi, died of a heart attack in Katra town of Reasi district on Sunday, a police officer said.
Accusing the communists in Kerala of indulging in "politically motivated murders", the Akhil Bharatiya Karyakari Mandal meet of RSS which commenced here today, will pass a resolution in this regard.
Warning that the 24-hour long lull on the border can take any turn any time, the BSF on Sunday said that it was fully prepared to deal with any eventuality and any border build-up by the Pakistani side on the International Border in Jammu and Kashmir.
As many as 10,000 lower primary and upper primary government schools in Kerala will start getting 2Mbps Wi-Fi broadband internet powered by BSNL from November 1 -- the state`s Foundation Day, official said on Sunday.
Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday lashed out at the BJP over his Maharashtra counterpart Devendra Fadnavis' role in mediating talks between the MNS and filmmakers in ensuring release of?'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' featuring Pakistani actor Fawad Khan.
- London zoo shares its excitement on welcoming their first baby aye-aye lemur! - Watch video
- Pakistan vs Windies, 2nd Test: Azhar Ali, Sami Aslam stretch lead to 342 on day 3
- Virat Kohli hits 26th ODI hundred as India celebrate a superb weekend
- Lives of snow leopards in danger; hundreds being killed every year, warns report!
- Simultaneous polls likely in Uttar Pradesh, 4 other states in February-March
- Adult film actress Jessica Drake accuses Donald Trump of sexual misconduct
- Indian Navy bids adieu to world's oldest aircraft carrier INS Viraat
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Why is Mamata Banerjee silent on communal agitation in West Bengal?
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- DNA: Analysis of how Kejriwal attempts to doubt India's surgical strike - Part II
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- #PakStandsWithKejriwal: Arvind Kejriwal's popularity soars in Pakistan, Delhi CM becomes No 1 Twitter trend
- BIG CATCH! Pakistani boat along with 9 crew members caught by Indian coast guard in Gujarat
- Major Gaurav Arya writes open letter, blasts Karan Johar, Mahesh Bhatt and people batting for Pakistani artists - MUST READ
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Jayalalithaa health condition: Tamil Nadu CM's treatment plan is being advised by this British doctor - Know about him
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Buying Jio SIM online for free?
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Analysing the new revelations in Bermuda Triangle's mystery
- DNA: How to check the safety of Debit cards?
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- Watch: Reports on natural mosquito repellent
- DNA: Analysis of Russia's nuclear threat to America
- Delhi: Fire in children's ward of GTB Hospital, no casualties
- IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chase master Kohli stars as India beat Kiwis by 7 wickets, lead series 2-1
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Here's how Alzheimer's disease can be possibly prevented
- BSF jawan Gurnam Singh, injured in attack by Pakistani forces, succumbs to injuries
- Virender Sehwag Trolls Fan Who Wished Him Two Days After His 38th Birthday
- Chinese mobile phone manufacturers urged to 'Make in India'
- Wasim Akram, Shahid Afridi make it to Ahmed Shehzad's list of favourites
- Red wine- the new medicine for hormonal imbalance in women
- Pakistani spy arrested in Jammu and Kashmir's Samba; two Pak SIM cards, map seized
- India made history by lifting Kabaddi World Cup title for 3rd successive time, beat Iran 38-29 in Ahmedabad final
- 45-year-old male Tusker rescued after being stranded in Karnataka dam for over 50 days
- Virat Kohli's hilarious imitation of Jasprit Bumrah's bowling action will make you love him more