DAC on Thursday cleared the proposals for acquiring 145 M777 155 mm ultra-light howitzers from the US.
With the lack of a Totalisation Agreement continuing to hamper movement of Indian professionals and experts to the US, India on Thursday reiterated its call to the US to engage in negotiations for signing such a pact.
State In Depth
- It would be apt that Stalin is my successor: DMK patriarch Karunanidhi
- BJP worker shot dead in Delhi
- Pandits say will return to Kashmir on own terms
- Rita Bahuguna among Congress leaders who quit since 2014 polls
- Revealed! Kerala truck driver's son top Islamic State ‘recruiter’, lures Indians to Afghanistan
- BJP appoints Narendra Tomar as Punjab election in-charge
Pakistan said on Thursday that it will take legal action if India breaches any of the bilateral agreements.
China had on October 17, staunchly defended its all-weather ally saying that was against linking any country or religion with terror and had asked the world to acknowledge Pakistan's "great sacrifices".
The Supreme Court on Thursday said Parliament has done nothing in the last two decades to stop misuse of religion for electoral gains.
India on Thursday termed as unfortunate Pakistan's ban on Indian TV and radio programmes.
Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) Spokesperson Vikas Swarup on Thursday said all Saarc countries had raised concerns that it was not possible to join the Saarc Summit in Islamabad in the current atmosphere.
CBI Director Anil Sinha on Thursday held talks with Royal Canadian Mounted Police Commissioner Bob Paulson on pending Letters Rogatory in several cases.
Calling it "height of intolerance", the BJP on Thursday said that anything related to Lord Ram is seen as communal, even though it is a matter of faith and not politics.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh will flag the issue of Pakistan-sponsored cross border terrorism in India with top leadership of Bahrain and discuss with them on how to enhance anti-terror cooperation during his two-day visit to the Gulf kingdom beginning Sunday.
Though the focus of the article was boycotting of Chinese goods by Indians, the description it used for LeT would surely raise eyebrows in India.
Some local residents of Uttarakhand's Ramnagar on Thursday killed a man-eater tigress.
External Affairs Ministry on Thursday declined to comment on Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar's remarks on cross-LoC surgical strike.
A young MLC considered close to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has asked Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav to step down and let his son take his place.
Rocky Yadav, son of the suspended JD (U) MLC and gangster Bindi Yadav, had gunned down 16-year-old Aditya Sachdeva who had allegedly overtaken Rocky`s SUV while he was coming back home from a birthday party.
In India, for every divorced Muslim man, there are four divorced Muslim women, an analysis of Census 2011 data shows.
Hours after the arrest of its founding President Manoj Ranjan Nayak, the Siksha 'O' Anusandhan Charitable Trust, that runs Sum Hospital where 21 people died in a fire mishap, today assured the police of full cooperation in the investigation.
Nine persons were killed were a massive fire broke out in a cracker factory in Sivakasi of Tamil Nadu.
Ministry of External Affairs said on that Goa declaration contains the strongest ever language against terrorism amongst all past BRICS summits.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday handed over physical possession of land to a section of the cultivators of this rural belt.
Government has no "hidden agenda" of imposing uniform civil code or behind the opposition to the triple talaq among Muslims, says Law Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad rejecting allegations by religious bodies and opposition parties as completely baseless.
Delhi Police on Thursday constituted a special investigation team (SIT) to trace a missing JNU hostel inmate following a direction from Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh as protests by a section of students raged on in the campus over alleged inaction by authorities.
- A birthday like never before: Here's how everyone's beloved Virender Sehwag celebrated his big day
- BLK Hospital to organise awareness walk on cancer
- Congenital Hypothyroidism scan vital to avoid mental damage in new borns
- It would be apt that Stalin is my successor: DMK patriarch Karunanidhi
- Ice water mix helps body to cope up exertion in hot weather
- India clears purchase of 145 M777 howitzers worth Rs 4500 crore from US
- Persistent wrist injury forces Rafael Nadal to shut down 2016 season, targets early recovery
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Why is Mamata Banerjee silent on communal agitation in West Bengal?
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- DNA: Analysis of how Kejriwal attempts to doubt India's surgical strike - Part II
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- #PakStandsWithKejriwal: Arvind Kejriwal's popularity soars in Pakistan, Delhi CM becomes No 1 Twitter trend
- BIG CATCH! Pakistani boat along with 9 crew members caught by Indian coast guard in Gujarat
- Major Gaurav Arya writes open letter, blasts Karan Johar, Mahesh Bhatt and people batting for Pakistani artists - MUST READ
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Jayalalithaa health condition: Tamil Nadu CM's treatment plan is being advised by this British doctor - Know about him
- REALITY CHECK! Here's truth behind 'Indian Army welfare fund' message going viral on WhatsApp after Uri attack
- Is Hindutva a religion or way of life? SC revisits verdict
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- J&K: China's flags recovered from terror hideouts in Baramullah, Kupwara
- Shocking! Nursery schools now costlier than IITs
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Brave lady sub-inspector saves girl from kidnapping in Madhya Pradesh
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Fire safety norms not followed in many hospitals of India
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player
- Virender Sehwag's birthday wish to Sunny Deol is as funny as it gets from the Twitter guru
- #KarwaChauth: Harbhajan Singh's hilarious tweet for all husbands will leave you in splits!
- Rita Bahuguna Joshi joins BJP, blames exit on Rahul Gandhi, Prashant Kishor; Congress calls her 'traitor, migratory bird'
- Dear Zindagi teaser: Shah Rukh Khan and Alia Bhatt will make you celebrate life—Watch now
- Bipasha Basu looked like a doll on her first Karva Chauth
- Wife of national Kabaddi player commits suicide, leaves message blaming husband of torture
- Mumbai on alert after IndiGo pilot spots 'drone' near city airport
- Congress MLA suspended for remarks against Rahul Gandhi, says `I can't call a donkey a horse`
- Hizbul recruits seen hugging, laughing in new video; Srinagar scribe quizzed over links with militants