Right to privacy could be determined from a case-to-case basis, the Supreme Court observed on Thursday. A nine-judge Constitution bench, headed by Chief Justice J S Khehar, said that privacy cannot be an absolute right and the state may have some power to put restrictions.
Opposition parties including Congress will on Friday discuss the issue of alleged cross-voting that happened during the Presidential Elections in which NDA candidate Ram Nath Kovind emerged victorious.
State In Depth
- Sunanda Pushkar death case: Delhi Police to file status report today
- 13 killed in cloudbursts, flash floods, landslide in J&K
- Centre, Haryana govt ink pact to revive River Saraswati, provide water in drought-prone areas
- Punjab CM Amarinder Singh extends legal help to two 1981 hijackers
- Kotkhai schoolgirl rape and murder case: Near total bandh in Shimla, normal life badly hit
- Shankarsinh Vaghela visits Delhi; to share his "feelings" on Friday
In a written response to a question in the Rajya Sabha, Minister of State for External Affairs V K Singh said the US Congress has six bills relating to H-1B and L-1 visa programmes.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has travelled 49 countries in the last three years, the government on Thursday said.
Saran was categorical in stating that New Delhi should not respond to China the way Beijing was doing.
Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Goa, Uttar Pradesh and Delhi are among other states that witnessed cross-voting in Ram Nath Kovind's favour.
A report by the US clubbing Pakistan among nations providing "safe havens" to terrorists validated India's position, the External Affairs Ministry said on Thursday.
The assertion by New Delhi came on a day China said diplomatic channels remained "unimpeded" to discuss the issue provided India withdraws its troops from Dokalam.
Secretary (Justice) in the Law Ministry has written to the SC Registrar General pointing to the July 5 judgement of the apex court in which two judges had called for the need to revisit the process of selection and appointment of judges.
The police have beefed-up security outside all 42 Metro stations in the city after the defacement came to light on Thursday morning.
The police told Metropolitan Magistrate Abhilash Malhotra that it has been decided to close the case, which was re- opened following the decision of the SIT.
"IGNOU is ravamping and relocating its regional centres logically and logistically across the country to reduce connectivity issues," the varsity's Vice Chancellor C Ravindra Kumar told PTI.
The civil nuclear cooperation agreement was signed last November during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Tokyo after years of negotiations.
Ram Nath Kovind was on Thursday elected the 14th President of India.
The Opposition on Thursday targeted the government over the lynchings, with the Congress accusing PM Modi of indulging in "double speak" on the issue.
While Ram Nath Kovind got 65.65 percent of the total valid vote value of 10,69,358, Meira Kumar got 34.35 percent.
Kovind got 65.65 percent of the total valid vote value of 10,69,358, Meira Kumar got 34.35 percent.
India on Thursday said it was seeking "peaceful resolution" of all boundary matters with China.
As Prime Minister Narendra Modi took to twitter on Thursday to congratulate the newly elected 14th President of India - Ram Nath Kovind, he quickly
Ram Nath Kovind, a former two-time Rajya Sabha MP, is known more as a Dalit champion than a Hindutva ideologue.
"What the Malabar exercise symbolizes is India's becoming a full-fledged military partner of the US strategy in Asia which is directed towards containing China," said an editorial in the CPI-M journal People's Democracy.
Pakistan's leading national daily The Dawn on Wednesday called upon the Nawaz Sharif-led Pakistan government to uphold the rights and lives of Hindus in Thar desert region.
- Right to privacy should be on case-to-case basis, says Supreme Court
- Jolted by Ram Nath Kovind's victory in Presidential election, Opposition parties to discuss cross-voting
- Environment Minister urges use of bicycle once a week
- Chester Bennington’s voice influenced a whole new generation!
- ICC Women's World Cup 2017: Harmanpreet Kaur becomes second after Kapil Dev to score big World Cup ton
- ‘Black Prince’ movie review: Movie is well-intended bore
- Have fertility problems? This app helps Kashmiri woman get pregnant after 7 years
- How to invest in mutual funds- Must watch video
- Transport Minister: Prices of small segment cars won't be increased post GST
- FM on GST: GST rates are lesser than current Tax rates
- Money guru: Watch how will GST rates impact your pocket (Part-2)
- Money Guru: Understand how to invest through SIP to earn huge profit
- Money Guru: You need to disclose these details while e-filing IT return
- Delhi: 16-yr-old junior kabaddi player raped by man posing as stadium official
- Bihar Board 10th result 2017: BSEB 10th result 2017/Matric result 2017 declared, check biharboard.ac.in; overall pass percentage is 50.12
- Tamil Nadu Teachers Eligibility Test (TNTET) Result 2017 declared; check trb.tn.nic.in
- Irfan Pathan faces backlash for posting 'unislamic' photograph of wife Safa Baig on social media
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- NEET Result 2017: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees to get HRA hike in the range of 106 to 157% from next month salary, but without arrears
- Anna University Results 2017 declared; check coe1.annauniv.edu,coe2.annauniv.edu, aucoe.annauniv.edu
- DNA: US lists Pak among countries providing 'safe havens' to terrorists
- US keeps Pakistan on list of countries providing 'safe havens' to terrorists
- This is what Ram Nath Kovind said after winning Presidential Poll - Watch
- Karnataka wants separate flag, sets up panel to explore
- Monsoon showers in Delhi-NCR cause waterlogging, traffic jams in many areas
- Ram Nath Kovind wins Presidential Election
- Zee Media launches Zee Salaam for Urdu audience
- DNA: Analysing whether right to privacy is fundamental or not
- Commandos deployed for safety of Kanwar Yatra
- J&K: Cloudburst hits Doda district; casualties reported
- DNA: Analysis of water conservation by Israel
- DNA: Non Stop News
- Bihar: Tejashwi meets Nitish signalling truce, may not resign as Deputy CM
- Shimla gang-rape case: One of the six accused dies in police custody
- Committee formed to check possibility of designing separate flag for Karnataka
- Kangana Ranaut severely injured during 'Manikarnika' shoot, rushed to hospital
- 1100 jobs in IMD: SSC Scientific Assistants Recruitment 2017; check ssconline.nic.in
- Presidential Election 2017 Results: The states where Meira Kumar got more votes than Ram Nath Kovind
- Seven needles removed from body of 3-year-old girl allegedly abused by mother's employer
- Ram Nath Kovind vs Meira Kumar: Here is how states voted in Presidential Election 2017
- Doklam stand-off: This is how India is countering China at the border
- WATCH: Fuming Harmanpreet Kaur leaves Deepti Sharma in tears after committing to suicidal run against Australia
- WATCH: Skipper Mithali Raj, Veda Krishnamurthy celebrate Harmanpreet Kaur's epic knock in style
- Maharashtra horror: Goon butchered in Dhule, CCTV footage goes viral - Watch
- WATCH: Sunny Leone accepts Chris Gayle's challenge, clean bowls left-hander with superb dance on 'Laila Main Laila' song
- Caught on cam: Goons brutally thrash couple in UP's Maharajgang, circulate video
- Search for missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 uncovers hidden undersea world
- Who was Subedar Taanaji Malusare? Know why Ajay Devgn's 'Taanaji: The Unsung Warrior' is important
- WATCH: Harmanpreet Kaur destroys Australia with rampaging knock in ICC Women's WC semi-final
- Doklam Impasse: India should not engage China in ''tit for tat'' response, says Shyam Saran