A total number of 97 complaints of online trolling and harassment through social media was registered last year, the Minister of State for Women and Child Development said.
The United States has encouraged India and China to engage in a direct dialogue free of any coercive aspects.
State In Depth
- Under construction flyover falls on railway track in Bihar, one dead
- Jeweler shot dead in Uttar Pradesh's Hardoi
- 1,180 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
- Ceasefire violation in LoC, J&K school damaged in heavy shelling by Pakistani troops
- Mamata govt knows there is no case against me: Roopa Ganguly
- Sri Lankan Navy apprehends eight Tamil Nadu fishermen, boat seized
Union Minister Smriti Irani on Saturday hit back at Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi after he slammed the Centre by digging out issues including the Rohith Vemula suicide case, Dadri lynching case and demonetisation drive. Taking to micro-blogging site Twitter, Smriti showed her sarcastic side and said, "However, thank you @officeofRG for all that you do. Sincerely from the BJP!????"
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Saturday said that National Conference (NC) supremo Farooq Abdullah's suggestion of involving a third party to resolve Kashmir issue reeks of sheer irresponsibility.
Senior Indian analyst and a fellow of Observer's Research Foundation (ORF) Ashok Malik has been appointed as the Press Secretary to President by the Union Cabinet.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi and party vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Saturday will file their reply to Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Subramanian Swamy's plea, seeking certain documents from the Associated Journal Limited (AJL) and the party in the National Herald case.
Consul General of India in Frankfurt (Germany) Raveesh Kumar will be the next Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson, according to several reports. This comes after Senior diplomat and current MEA spokesperson Gopal Baglay was appointed as Joint Secretary in the Prime Minister's Office on Friday.
A day after Congress leader Shankersinh Vaghela quit the party, political leaders called the incident as 'unfortunate'. Speaking to ANI, Congress leader Ashok Chavan said this is an unfortunate incident for the party. "This is a very sad incident, especially at this time of hour. It is important to stand with the party. These are struggling times for the nation but leaving a party to which you stuck through thick and thin, is an unfortunate thing," he said.
The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) tabled a report in Parliament on Friday and flagged critical shortage of ammunition in the Indian Army. The CAG found deficiencies in the performance of the Ordinance Factory Board (OFB) and no improvement in the functioning of its factories in comparison to what it was in 2013.
The Prime Minister`s remarks came during his meeting here over breakfast with a group of Bharatiya Janata party (BJP) MPs from western Uttar Pradesh, which was also attended by Parliamentary Affairs Minister Ananth Kumar.
The government on Friday assured parliamentarians that Aadhaar data is safe and there is no chance of it falling in wrong hands, officials said.
Indian Navy's frontline submarine INS Sindurakshak had exploded in 2013 in Mumbai due to leakage of oxygen from a torpedo, the Comptroller and Auditor General said in a report on Friday, revealing the reasons causing the major accident.
The government has built more than 96,000 houses for married military officers and soldiers as part of the sanctioned project to construct 1,98,881 houses, Parliament was told on Friday.
The major food products developed by DRDO are chicken biscuits, mutton bar, composite cereals bars, egg protein biscuits, iron and protein rich food bar, chicken katti rolls and anti-fatigue tulsi bar, Defence Minister Arun Jaitley said.
Rohaan was brought to India on July 12 and was operated on July 14.
The former Bihar Chief Minister was to appear on Saturday as well but he got exemption from personal appearance, said his lawyer.
A bench headed by Justice Dipak Misra said that her plea was "premature" after Pushpa claimed that she had not received any expulsion letter from the party and hence, it could not be said that she has been expelled.
Meanwhile, as many as 28 private members bills including Paternity Benefit Bill, were introduced in the Lok Sabha on Friday.
Gopal Baglay is a 1992 batch Indian Foreign Service officer.
Earlier in the day, Shah, who arrived in Rajasthan today, inaugurated a library and e-library at the party headquarters here which contain more than 2000 books and close to 8400 e- books.
The counsel representing Assam government had said there was no intention on the part of the Chief Minister to interfere in the apex court proceedings.
- Sachin Tendulkar’s letter got Harmanpreet Kaur a job in Western Railways, narrates Diana Edulji
- Under construction flyover falls on railway track in Bihar, one dead
- Deepika Padukone and Irrfan Khan's mafia film gets a release date?
- Microsoft using lawyers to tackle top Russian hacking group
- Centre received 97 complaints of online trolling through social media in 2016
- Kangana Ranaut responds to Saif Ali Khan's open letter on 'nepotism debate' with a feisty note!
- ICC Women's World Cup 2017: Record-breaking feat as tickets for Sunday finale at Lord's sold out
- How to invest in mutual funds- Must watch video
- Watch to know specifications of Reliance's cheapest smartphone
- Transport Minister: Prices of small segment cars won't be increased post GST
- FM on GST: GST rates are lesser than current Tax rates
- Money guru: Watch how will GST rates impact your pocket (Part-2)
- Money Guru: Understand how to invest through SIP to earn huge profit
- Money Guru: You need to disclose these details while e-filing IT return
- Tamil Nadu Teachers Eligibility Test (TNTET) Result 2017 declared; check trb.tn.nic.in
- Irfan Pathan faces backlash for posting 'unislamic' photograph of wife Safa Baig on social media
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- NEET Result 2017: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees to get HRA hike in the range of 106 to 157% from next month salary, but without arrears
- Anna University Results 2017 declared; check coe1.annauniv.edu,coe2.annauniv.edu, aucoe.annauniv.edu
- Union Cabinet approves recommendations of 7th Pay Commission on allowances
- Maharashtra: Video of man being hacked to death in suspected gang war goes viral
- US keeps Pakistan on list of countries providing 'safe havens' to terrorists
- This is what Ram Nath Kovind said after winning Presidential Poll - Watch
- DNA: All you need to know about Shimla gang-rape case
- Reliance AGM: Know how you can get a free Jio 4G smartphone
- Monsoon showers in Delhi-NCR cause waterlogging, traffic jams in many areas
- Encounter between police and miscreants in Ghaziabad, one arrested
- Earthquake hits Greece and Turkey: At least two dead, over 100 injured
- Ram Nath Kovind wins Presidential Election
- J&K: Cloudburst hits Doda district; casualties reported
- Zee Media launches Zee Salaam for Urdu audience
- AAP MLA Prakash Jarwal accused of molesting a woman
- Commandos deployed for safety of Kanwar Yatra
- DNA: Analysing the article published in China's Global Times about standoff at Dokhlam
- DNA: Nonstop News
- WATCH: Harmanpreet Kaur's sensational six in BBL that even left Adam Gilchrist awestruck
- 'Expelled' from Congress, Shankersinh Vaghela heaps praise on RSS
- Presidential Election 2017 Results: The states where Meira Kumar got more votes than Ram Nath Kovind
- Ram Nath Kovind vs Meira Kumar: Here is how states voted in Presidential Election 2017
- WATCH: Fuming Harmanpreet Kaur leaves Deepti Sharma in tears after committing to suicidal run against Australia
- WATCH: Skipper Mithali Raj, Veda Krishnamurthy celebrate Harmanpreet Kaur's epic knock in style
- Doklam Impasse: India should not engage China in ''tit for tat'' response, says Shyam Saran
- India will surely lose if it engages with China militarily, warns Chinese daily on Dokalam row
- Maharashtra horror: Goon butchered in Dhule, CCTV footage goes viral - Watch
- OMG! Croc 'returns' body of man after witch doctor summons it: Watch Video
- WATCH: Deepti Sharma takes a stunner to dismiss Nicole Bolton in IND vs AUS WWC 2017 semi-final
- Have fertility problems? This app helps Kashmiri woman get pregnant after 7 years
- WATCH: Harmanpreet Kaur destroys Australia with rampaging knock in ICC Women's WC semi-final
- Search for missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 uncovers hidden undersea world
- Saif Ali Khan writes an open letter on 'nepotism debate' and his apology to Kangana Ranaut