A day before President Pranab Mukherjee demits office, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday lavished praise on him.
Following Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley`s stand that no political party had come forward with suggestions to make party funding cleaner, the Congress on Monday released a May 30 letter that advocated complete transparency on donors and donees.
State In Depth
- NIA chargesheets nine for Bihar rail track blast plot
- Don't torture middleman in AIADMK symbol bribery case: Delhi HC to Tihar jail
- Border Roads Organisation to construct tunnels to cut down distance to China border
- Delhi HC questions licences to restaurants in Hauz Khas Village
- Separatists call for Kashmir 'bandh' over arrests
- Congress MLA Manas Bhunia resigns, will contest Rajya Sabha polls on TMC ticket
Good governance would enable the people to "shape their own lives through transparent, accountable and participatory political institutions", the president said.
The Supreme Court on Monday constituted a medical board to examine a woman, who has sought permission to terminate her 22-week-old pregnancy on the grounds that the foetus was suffering from a neurological problem.
A reordering of society is only possible through the transformative power of education, says President Pranab Mukherjee.
The Supreme Court on Monday dismissed a plea seeking a probe into mass murder of Kashmiri Pandits at the height of militancy in the Valley in 1989-90.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Monday described the outgoing President Pranab Mukherjee a guardian of the Constitution.
IslamabadPakistan summoned on Monday the Indian Deputy High Commissioner and lodged a formal protest over ceasefire violations in Jammu and Kashmir
Pakistan on Monday summoned India's Deputy High Commissioner JP Singh.
The lowest was 13 degrees Celsius at Salooni. Manali and Kalpa shivered at 14 degrees Celsius.
Parliament on Monday passed a bill that seeks to consolidate the existing laws on jurisdiction of courts on civil admiralty matters, or cases of maritime accidents or contracts related to maritime commerce, proceedings on maritime claims, and seizure of ships with the Rajya Sabha assenting to the legislation.
India has a Haj quota of 1.70 lakh. Out of this, 1.25 lakh pilgrims travel through Haj Committee of India, while the rest through private tour operators from 21 embarkation points.
The Delhi High Court on Monday expressed concern over failure of the police to file a charge sheet in the Sunanda Pushkar case even after three-and-a-half years.
Pranab Mukherjee is addressing the nation for the last time as president.
Urbanisation has made it very difficult to trace such monuments and often buildings come up around them and eventually parts of the historical site are "swallowed up."
External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Gopal Baglay, while replaying to a question about Doval's schedule in Beijing, had last week said that if there are any further developments in his programme then the media will be informed.
Pranab Mukherjee was elected 13th President of India.
Sushma Swaraj has met the families of the 39 persons around a dozen times since they were abducted in June 2014.
Being the President was not exactly Poltu-da's (Pranab Mukherjee's nickname) plan of action in his 48-year-long political career.
A 36-year-old woman was killed when she was thrown off her two-wheeler while avoiding a pothole on a road near Mumbai and was crushed by a passing truck. Bandra-resident Jagruti Hogale, a member of the all-women 'Bikerni' motorcycle club, was on a trip with two other bikers to Jawhar in Palghar district yesterday when the incident occurred, a police official said.
President Pranab Mukherjee, who will deliver his last address to the nation as the 13th President of India on Monday, was someone who never believed in mincing words. Here are the excerpts of some of his key speeches.
After demitting the Rashtrapati Bhavan, outgoing President Pranab Mukherjee's new residence will be 10, Rajaji Marg bungalow – an eight-room, two-storey villa.
- Keep hazardous dietary supplements, energy drinks at bay
- Obesity in teenage may up colon cancer risk later
- Human antibodies produced in lab to treat diseases
- Incredible! New elusive sunfish species called 'Hoodwinker' first to be discovered in 130 years
- NIA chargesheets nine for Bihar rail track blast plot
- Novak Djokovic has bone bruise; unlikely to play US Open
- Pranab da never judged my government's decisions: PM Modi
- How to invest in mutual funds- Must watch video
- Watch to know specifications of Reliance's cheapest smartphone
- Transport Minister: Prices of small segment cars won't be increased post GST
- FM on GST: GST rates are lesser than current Tax rates
- Money guru: Watch how will GST rates impact your pocket (Part-2)
- Money Guru: Understand how to invest through SIP to earn huge profit
- Money Guru: You need to disclose these details while e-filing IT return
- Tamil Nadu Teachers Eligibility Test (TNTET) Result 2017 declared; check trb.tn.nic.in
- Irfan Pathan faces backlash for posting 'unislamic' photograph of wife Safa Baig on social media
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees to get HRA hike in the range of 106 to 157% from next month salary, but without arrears
- Anna University Results 2017 declared; check coe1.annauniv.edu,coe2.annauniv.edu, aucoe.annauniv.edu
- Union Cabinet approves recommendations of 7th Pay Commission on allowances
- Kangana Ranaut severely injured during 'Manikarnika' shoot, rushed to hospital
- Minor gives birth in school, accuses auto driver of rape
- Monsoon in India: Scores killed in floods, landslides
- Easy to stir mountain but not our army: China's threat to India on Doklam standoff
- India 3rd largest target to witness most terror activities, says report issued by US foreign ministry
- Is UP CM Yogi Adityanath going against PM Modi's move to end red beacon culture?
- Operation All-Out: 111 terrorists killed so far in Kashmir by Indian Army
- JNU V-C wants tank on campus to remind students of Army’s sacrifices
- Security forces kill one terrorist in J&K's Machel Sector
- Watch: Vegetable sellers deploy gunmen for security of tomatoes in Indore
- Nithari killings: Koli, Pandher get death sentence for murder of Pinki Sarkar
- Delhi: Overspeeding car kills 25-year-old at ITO
- Pune: NDA Cadet found hanging in his room
- Hooligans and police clash in Jewar, Greater Noida; 4 arrested, 2 absconding
- DNA: Analysis of 'terror funding' by Hurriyat leaders
- Watch: President Pranab Mukherjee's farewell address to nation
- Former ISRO Chief UR Rao, man behind India's 1st satellite Aryabhatta, dies
- After Sonu Nigam, singer Suchitra Krishnamoorthi tweets about Azaan and loudspeakers
- ICC Women's World Cup Final: England vs India - As it happened...
- Saliva analysis turns up evidence of 'ghost' ancient human species!
- DSP Ayub Pandith lynching: Main accused killed in encounter, 20 other arrested, informs IG Kashmir
- Indian workers emigrating to 6 Gulf nations declines by 34.6%, remittances fall
- Ram Mandir should be constructed within legal framework: BJP chief Amit Shah
- Two Jordanians die in shooting at Israeli embassy in Amman: Security source
- India vs England, ICC Women’s World Cup 2017, Final: Live Streaming, TV Listing, Date, Time, Venue
- Mumbai: Woman biker crushed to death while avoiding a pothole, probe ordered
- Dhinchak Pooja's new song 'Baapu Dede Thoda Cash' is so bad that it's actually good! - Watch
- Thor: Ragnarok TRAILER will blow your mind away! WATCH
- Canadian PM Trudeau goes 'desi, offers prayers in Indian attire to mark 10th anniversary of BAPS temple
- Sanjay Manjrekar criticises Mithali Raj and co for Women's World Cup final defeat, faces heat on Twitter
- Terror funding in Kashmir: Son-in-law of Syed Ali Shah Geelani, 6 other separatist leaders arrested by NIA