Google celebrates 19th anniversary: Here's how it changed the world forever
Google has changed the vision of people to perform most of the tasks by providing an option to 'GOOGLE' it.
New Delhi: From a garage start-up in Silicon valley to becoming a multi-billion dollar company –Google has surely covered a long journey.
It has more than 70 offices in over 40 global locations. Apart from being just a company, it has become a major part of our regime. Google has changed the vision of people to perform most of the tasks by providing an option to 'GOOGLE' it.
Rather than just answering questions, the corporation has broadened its outstretch much further since its formation.
Here are the 10 ways in which Google has brought a great shift in our lifestyle.
1. Google search engine's index contains more than 130 trillion pages that allows the users to google for any required information. Interestingly, Google's search engine has become a deep-seated element of one's online life.
2. Gmail was the first free webmail service to offer a massive 1GB of inbox space outshining then famous Yahoo, Hotmail and other contemporary popular services. It was launched on April 1, 2004 and currently offers free 15GB of inbox space.
3. World's biggest free video hosting and streaming network, YouTube has changed the way we watch videos. Over 3 billion hours of YouTube video is consumed every month, all around the globe.
4. Overtaking Microsoft Windows, since its launch in the 1980s, Android OS has officially become the most popular operating system.
5. While Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint ruled the world, Google Docs provided the first cloud-only productivity suite. This allows real-time document collaboration with various users and it is one such feature that MS Office lacks. This feature enabled us to migrate our work files completely online.
6. If you have ever observed, all routes of online transportation network (such as OLA, UBER), calculate and navigate via Google maps. This feature is quite reliable and is mostly accurate and detailed mapping service currently available in world.
7. Google was the first Internet company to let the world realize the strength of big data through Google Analytics as a business proposition. Almost all online businesses of this century are running on big data analytics. It gave boost to data-driven business.
8. Indian railways collaborated with Google to bring free access to high speed Wi-Fi in 140 stations across the country starting from January 2016. The networked is termed as 'RailWire' and aims to roll out to internet services to 400 stations by 2018.
9. There are high chances that world's first self-driven car will be a Google automobile. Notably, Google now, has an independent company namely Waymo that would lead its self-driven car project.
10. Google's artificial intelligence research branch, DeepMind is working towards making more efficient AI that learns from humans, as well as from its own mistakes, over time.