How to get a Reliance Jio SIM –Know here
If you want to retain your existing phone and still get Reliance Jio SIM, you will have to do the following.
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Storming his way into telecom sector, Mukesh Ambani recently announced the launch of much-talked about Jio 4G service, offering free voice calls and national roaming along with what he touted as the world's lowest data tariff.
Reliance Jio customers will get free voice calling (including STD) and roaming services, bundled with data access for Rs 19 onwards, making the offering one of the "lowest" globally.
The company has introduced 10 tariff plans from one-day plan at Rs 19 for occasional users going all the way up to Rs 4,999 a month for heavy data users.
These tariff plans would come into effect after December 31, 2016. Till then, all customers would get free access to unlimited voice calls (local and STD), SMSes and data.
If you want to get a Jio SIM you can buy a Lfy-branded smartphone, which is the easiest way to get the SIM.
But if you want to retain your existing phone (you need a 4G VoLTE supporting handset to experience the services) you will have to do the following.
- Go to any Reliance Digital Xpress Store or a Reliance Digital Xpress mini Store.
- Fill up the Customer Application Form (CAF).
- Give a valid photo I-card (Aadhar card too is acceptable) along with a few passport-size photographs
- Choose the relevant plan.
- You will get receipts on your email ID.
- Reliance will verify your details via a phone call.
- Jio SIMs are available for absolutely free.
- Jio is also rolling out instant Aadhar-based eKYC activations.
- This will let customers get Jio connections within 15 minutes.