Now, order food, buy movie tickets through Facebook
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Facebook is now no more just a social-networking where one connects with friends or meet new people; it is beyond that now – a marketplace.
Keeping this in mind and its effort to connect users and businesses, the social-networking site has now allowed users to order food through Facebook pages of restaurants.
The move will move into effect from Wednesday and only users in United States will be able to order food through Facebook of now.
There are, however, no words as to when this facility would be extended to other parts of the world.
Users will also be able to get quotes from businesses, buy movie tickets and book appointments at spas and salons, Facebook said in a blog post.
Earlier this month, Facebook launched "Marketplace", a platform that allows people to buy and sell items locally.
Facebook, which has about 1.7 billion monthly active users, also said on Wednesday it would add a "recommendations" feature that will allow users to share recommendations on such things as places to eat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM