Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Taking the current price war and competition in India's telecom space to a new level, Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani recently announced Reliance Jio 4G services.
Domestic phone calls from the Jio network will be free forever, while there is a four-month introductory offer for everyone of a zero-tariff voice and data services, that began yesterday.
Targeting 100 million customers in the shortest span of time, he told Reliance Industries' annual general meeting that its wireless phone unit, Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd will offer data for Rs 50 per GB and monthly plan for as low as Rs 149.
Voice calling will be free on Jio phones for life and post December 31, 10 data plans will be offered starting at Rs 19 a day for occasional users, Rs 149 a month for low data users and Rs 4,999 a month for heavy data users.
Meanwhile, if you want to test the Reliance Jio 4G services, you must read the full terms and conditions (as listed in the company website) of its data pack, wifi and the usages.
1. Voice is truly free – no charge towards voice or the data used to make 4G voice calls.
2. "Unlimited at Night" pertains to data used between 2am – 5am.
3. Wi-Fi data benefits in the plans pertain to Wi-Fi data availed in the Public Wi-Fi hotspots of RJIL.
4. The subscribers can avail the tariff plans effective from 1st January 2017.
5. The data used by the consumers for Jio applications, Video calls and other content available on internet would be uniformly debited against plan data allocation.
6. Unutilized free benefits will be forfeited at the end of validity.
7. The prepaid packs with denominations Rs 19, Rs 129 and Rs 299 cannot be availed as a First recharge by new subscribers.
8. 25 percent additional 4G and WiFi data benefits will be provided to students on providing a valid identity card, as per process.
9. Prepaid tariffs are inclusive of all applicable taxes.
10. On Postpaid tariffs applicable taxes will be charged. The Postpaid subscribers opting for the Auto-debit option using credit/debit cards/online transfer to pay their monthly mobile phone bill and opting for e-bill will be accorded an additional 15% discount on the bill value.
11. The plans can only be availed by customers possessing a LTE compatible handset.