Reliance Jio celebrates first anniversary: Here are the key achievements
Mukesh Ambani backed Reliance Jio has officially completed one year of its commercial availability.
New Delhi: Mukesh Ambani backed Reliance Jio has officially completed one year of its commercial availability.
The company commercially rollled out Jio services to users on September 5, 2016. In just one year, it has emerged out as a revolutionary move which completely shook the telecom sector.
To recall, launch of JioPhone introduced the handset manufacturing industry to a new segment of 4G VoLTE feature phones.
Below are the top landmark achievements of Reliance Jio in just one year
- Reliance Jio has the widest LTE coverage in India than any other telecom company and is the only 4G all IP network in the world.
- As the market promptly shifted towards data usage, Free Voice calls became a reality in the country.
- Jio users alone are consuming 125 crore GB data, hence mobile data consumption ascended from 20 crore GB per month to over 150 crore GB per month.
- The country observed a great shift in terms of Mobile Data Consumption. From being placed at 155th position last year, it has been marked as top mobile data user by 2017.
- Over 100 crore GB data per month is used under this network which paved its way to be the world's first and only exabyte telecom nexus.
- Streaming Videos under Jio network is in excess of 165 crore hours per month.
- It generates voice traffic of more than 250 crore minute per day.
- By the virtue of Jio impact, time spent by an average Indian on mobile per week is 7 times more than that spent on TV.
- Reliance Jio is one such brand that experienced fastest ramp up of subscribers. At present, there are over 130 million customers on Jio nexus. About 7 customers added every second that cobbled it path to reach 100 million users in just 170 days.
- The revolutionary move by Jio has brought data democratization in the country as tarrifs have become much more affordable than before.
- Availing the facility of Rs 399 offer of Jio (providing 1GB of high speed data per day for 84 days), users pay less per GB on monthly basis.
- The TRAI SpeedTest portal has consistently ranked Jio as the clear 4G network leader in coverage, usage and data speeds month after month.
- Post Jio, total wireless broadband subscribers base has been elevated exponentially from 154 million to over 282 million by June 2017.
- Due to Jio effect, rival telecom companies are trying to replicate the Jio data model by introducing a number of similar plans.
- After Jio came into effect, major mergers of telecom companies (Idea-Vodafone, Bharti Airtel-Telenor and others) have been observed in order to survive in the India's Telecom Industry.
- Exponential growth of digital ecosystem is experienced post 4G revolution which has enhanced user base of all key social media apps and content providers in India.