Sent email to the wrong person? Know how to recall email on Gmail's Undo Send feature
If you turn on "Undo Send" feature on Gmail, you can retract a message right after you sent it.
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: An email sent to the wrong person might land us in a great embarrassment. It must have happened to all of us at some point of time that we misfired an email to the the person who was not meant to recieve the mail.
But henceforth, you can reverse your action if you have sent it via Gmail.
If you turn "Undo Send" on, you can retract a message right after you sent it.
Here's how you can recall email on Gmail's Undo Send feature.
- Open Gmail
- In the top right, click settings
- In the "Undo Send" section, check the box next to "Enable Undo Send"
- In the "Send cancellation period" section, set the amount of time you want to decide if you want to unsend an email
- At the bottom of the page, click save changes
- Undo sending your message
- After you turn on Undo Send, you can cancel sending an email
- After you send a message, you'll see the message "Your message has been sent" and the option to Undo or View message
- Click Undo if the message was sent to the wrong person