Hizbul Mujahideen militant arrested in Jammu and Kashmir's Reasi district
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir Police on Monday apprehended a terrorist from Thakrakote district in a joint operation with security forces.
The militant was nabbed from Reasi area from Thakrakote on Monday afternoon and he is suspected of having links to the Hizbul Mujahideen.
The militant, Sabzar Ahmed Mantoo, was arrested from the house of Nizam-ud-Din Pogli of Kakra Chinkha village after receiving intel about his location there, a police officer told PTI.
Mantoo, a C-category militant, was active in the district. Police said he was involved in arson and looting incident of Police Station Dhamal Hanjipura in 2016.
Hizb-ul-Mujahideen (HM) is the one of the largest insurgency group which is operating in Jammu and Kashmir, with members drawn from indigenous and foreign sources.
Earlier in the month, J&K police busted three local militants in Srinagar, who were part of Hizb-ul-Mujahideen, and seized two Chinese pistols, 4 grenades, a wireless set and one packet of explosive from their possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO