One-way traffic on strategic Jammu-Srinagar national highway
Jammu: The strategic Jammu-Srinagar national highway that was closed on Friday evening following landslides in Ramban district, was reopened on Saturday after restoration of one-way traffic, an official said.
"Traffic will be allowed from Srinagar to Jammu," the traffic department officials said.
"No vehicle including those belonging to the Army or the paramilitary forces will be allowed to move in the opposite direction."
"Restrictions on movement of vehicles have been imposed to ensure smooth passage of one-way traffic as there has been narrowing of the highway at some places due to landslides," the official added.
The closure of the highway that is a lifeline of essential supplies to the landlocked valley, has led to shortages of vegetables, milk, mutton and poultry products here.
Authorities have moved out checking squads to ensure that hoarders and profiteers are prevented from robbing the consumers due to highway blockade by hiking the prices of essentials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested