One-way traffic restored on Jammu-Srinagar highway
Jammu: One-way traffic was on Sunday restored on the strategic Jammu-Srinagar national highway which had remained closed for four days.
"With the improvement in weather, road clearance operations were restarted (Sunday) afternoon and the highway will remain open for one-way traffic," a traffic department official said.
"Vehicles will be allowed to move from Jammu to Srinagar and no movement will be allowed in the opposite direction.
"This restriction will also apply to the Army and paramilitary convoys," the official said here.
Due to multiple landslides in the Ramban sector and fresh snowfall in Bannihal and Patnitop sectors, the highway remained closed during the last four days.
Scores of vehicles and passengers had been stranded because of the closure of the highway.
However, the traffic department officials had assured that all stranded passengers and vehicles were stationed at safe places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested