Singh backed the vow of the J&K police to eliminate the terror group instrumental in killing of six cops in Anantnag district of South Kashmir yesterday.
Jammu And Kashmir News
The perpetrators of the ambush in which six policemen were killed would "face the law" very soon, Jammu and Kashmir DGP S P Vaid said here on Saturday and announced a bounty of Rs 10 lakh for LeT commander Bashir Lashkari who is believed to have orchestrated the attack.
Naik Bakhtawar Singh was killed when Pakistan violated the ceasefire by firing on forward posts along the LoC in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
The allegation against the state law minister was levelled by opposition National Conference MLAs Abdul Majid Bhat and Mohammad Akbar Lone in the state Assembly here.
A group of 10-15 heavily-armed LeT militants ambushed a vehicle carrying six policemen, including Feroz Ahmed Dar, on Friday evening.
Defence Minister Arun Jaitley said on Saturday that the killing of six policemen in a terrorist ambush in Kashmir was an act of "cowardice".
Dar and five other policemen were killed yesterday in a gruesome ambush in Achabal in Anantnag district by suspected LeT militants who tried to disfigure their faces before walking away with their weapons.
The joint separatist leadership has called for a complete shutdown in the Kashmir Valley to protest against the killing of two civilians in firing by the security forces.
Opposition National Conference (NC) and the Congress on Saturday protested outside the state assembly against "innocent killings" in Kashmir.
In yet another incident of terror the Valley, a group of terrorists attacked the forces camp in Jammu and Kashmir's Bijbehara area of Anantnag where CRPF and Army troops are stationed.
Expressing concern over the killing of six police personnel in terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir's Anantnag, defence experts on Saturday said the death of the policemen comes as a major setback.
An encounter had taken place between security forces and militants a day before in the Arwani village of south Kashmir's Bijbehara area.
The joint separatist leadership has called for complete shutdown in the Valley on Saturday against the killing of two civilians in firing by security forces.
The parties held separate meetings of their party legislators here today to discuss the issue.
Pakistan-based terror outfit Lashker-e-Toiba (LeT) has claimed responsibility for the attack in Anantnag district.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba on Friday expressed anguish over the killing of four persons, including two policemen, in separate incidents since yesterday and sought the help of civil society to end bloodshed and making the future of young generation peaceful.
He pointed out that 14 students from the Valley cleared the civil service examination this year and referred to 11 officers from Kashmir who recently graduated from the IMA.
The police team came under attack while it was deployed for protection of minority Sikhs at Thajiwara Achabal.
The gunfight erupted on Friday morning when terrorists attacked security forces in Arwani village of Kulgam.
A youngster was killed and six people were injured in security forces firing at Rangreth area of Srinagar after clashes last evening.
There have been a number of ceasefire violations along the international border and the Line of Control this year.
A gunfight began on Friday between the security forces and militants in Jammu and Kashmir`s Kulgam district.
Heavy deployment of police and CRPF personnel has been made in Srinagar and other sensitive places to prevent post-Friday prayer protests called by the separatists.
Hizbul Mujahideen commander Yasin Yatoo has released a video message and warned of attacks on security forces in Jammu and Kashmir.
A massive cordon and search operation is currently underway at Arwani village in Jammu and Kashmir's Kulgam district after security forces received intelligence inputs about the presence of suspected terrorists in the area on Friday.
Indian Army Chief General Bipin Singh Rawat last week said youth in Kashmir are being misled to take wrong path.
Police said militants fired at the policemen near the J&K Bank branch in the Hyderpora area on the city outskirts.
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) on Thursday inaugurated a toll free helpline called `MADADGAAR` for the Kashmiris, whereby it shall be able to serve the citizens of the Valley located all over the country.
The Indian Army has deployed total five battalions in the valley in view of the Amarnarth Yatra.
- India's first traffic robot introduced in Indore
- Martyr Kashmiri cop Firoz Dar's poem on Facebook goes viral
- DNA: Analysing Anil Kumble's exit statement as India coach
- J&K: Three LeT terrorists killed in Pulwama
- DNA: Analysis of life taking speed breakers
- Two injured in firing outside Jalandhar mall
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- Agra: Drunk policeman creates ruckus, assaults hotel staff
- Prez poll: Kovind files nomination; Meira Kumar to challenge him
- Lucknow: 7-year-old girl dies after iron gate of UP Secretariat falls on her
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- ISRO's PSLV-C38 places Cartosat-2 along with 30 nano satellites in orbit
- DNA: Today in History, June 21, 2016
- DNA: Analysing the power of yoga
- Presidential election: JD(U) supports NDA pick Ram Nath Kovind
- Bihar Board 10th result 2017: BSEB 10th result 2017/Matric result 2017 declared, check biharboard.ac.in; overall pass percentage is 50.12
- NEET Result 2017: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- Countdown begins as ISRO set to launch Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites Friday
- After Anil Kumble-Virat Kohli fiasco, fans demand return of MS Dhoni as India captain
- GST effect: AC, first class train fares to go up
- BJP leader Bandi Ramesh hacked to death in Karnataka's Ballari
- Day of retirements for New Zealand: Black Caps lose Luke Ronchi, Jeetan Patel on same day
- Virat Kohli vs Anil Kumble: Batting great Sunil Gavaskar demands clarification from India captain
- Refrain from promoting GST or face protest: Congress' advice to Amitabh Bachchan
- ISRO successfully plants Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites in orbit - This is what PM Modi has to say!
- 1st ODI, India vs West Indies: Live Score, Live Streaming, Venue, TV Listing, Date
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- Srinagar cop stripped naked, stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid; 2 arrested
- China funding Pakistan's mega dam in Pak-occupied Kashmir?
- Tubelight movie review: Even Salman Khan's star power isn’t bright enough to illuminate Kabir Khan's film!