The Agenda of Alliance sealed by the BJP and the PDP before they formed the government in the state talks about holding dialogue with all internal stakeholders.
Jammu And Kashmir News
Despite the valley-wide shutdown on Sunday and Monday against the killing of Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist Sabzar Ahmad Bhatt, 799 candidates out of 815 appeared for common entrance written examination.
The state government has said that 718 people have encroached upon 422 acres of wetlands in Kashmir Valley.
Both of them were questioned for four consecutive days earlier this month as part of the ongoing investigation.
Anita Suri was found dead at her residence on May 24. She worked as a senior faculty member at the AMT School in Jammu.
The fire broke out on the new battery car track and later, spread to the other stretches. The 'yatra' route was closed as a precautionary measure, the police said.
Pakistan Army today shot dead a civilian and injured another in Keran sector of Kupwara district near Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir.
Nearly 800 Kashmiri youths on Sunday appeared in the common entrance exam for selection of junior commissioned officers and other ranks in the Army amid unrest in the Valley following the killing of militant Sabzar Bhat.
"The intruder was killed in an ambush. His identity is yet to be ascertained".
The body of one intruder was recovered as the Indian Army foiled another infiltration attempt by Pakistan in Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch area on Sunday.
Curfew has been announced following the killing of Hijbul Mujahideen commander Sabzar Ahmed Bhat in an encounter with security forces in Jammu and Kashmir's Tral area on Saturday.
Pakistan Foreign Affairs Adviser Sartaj Aziz has condemned the killing of top Hizbul commander Sabzar Ahmad Bhat and other terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir by the Indian forces, and called upon the international community and the United Nations to bring an end to the bloodshed.
One civilian was killed and 35 injured others, including five policemen, were injured in violent protests as authorities braced for a recurrence of the 2016 unrest that saw nearly 100 dead.
The Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission has postponed the written test for Civil Service (Judicial) Competitive Examination, which was scheduled to be held on Sunday.
At least 35 people got injured in clashes in different areas of Kashmir Valley with five security personnel also receiving bullet injuries, officials said.
Sabzar joined militancy at the age of 15 when security forces killed Burhan's brother, Khalid, in Tral.
The spike in Pakistani attempts to breach the border comes as the Muslims have begun their holy month of Ramadan across the country.
A civilian was killed and at least 30 people were on Saturday injured in violent clashes between protesters and security forces in the Kashmir Valley following the killing of two Hizbul Mujahideen militants, including top commander Sabzar Bhat, in an encounter in Pulwama district.
The weapons recovered included AK-47 and INSAS rifles. The police and the Army had cordoned off the area after the attack. A massive anti-insurgency operation is currently underway.
Hizbul Mujahideen commander Sabzar Ahmad Bhat was killed along with another militant in an encounter with security forces in Tral area of Kashmir's Pulwama district.
It has not even been 24 hours since the social media sites and applications including Facebook, WhatsApp and Twitter were restored in Kashmir Valley.
Sabzar Bhat alias Abu Zarar had succeeded former Hizbul commander Burhan Wani, who was killed on July 08, 2016, in Anantnag district.
The burglars looted the money from a J&K Bank ATM in Unisoo village in Langate area late Friday night.
The ban came in when these social networking sites were being "misused by anti-national and anti-social elements to create law and order disturbances" in Kashmir.
Rampur sector is adjacent to the Uri sector where the Army on Friday foiled an attack by Pakistan`s Border Action Team and killed two intruders.
A group of terrorists attacked at Indian Army's patrolling party at Jammu and Kashmir's Saimooh village in Pulwama's Tral area on Friday.
Clashes broke out between protestors and security forces after Friday prayers in north Kashmir's Sopore town and Old City in Srinagar.
In a significant development, the Indian Army on Friday foiled a major infiltration bid allegedly backed by the Pakistani BAT along the LoC in the Uri sector of J&K.
A short video has emerged showing the members of delegation meeting hardline separatist leader, Syed Ali Geelani, at his uptown Hyderpora residence in Srinagar.
A delegation of peace activists led by Congress leader Mani Shankar Aiyar on Thursday called on Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti and senior separatist leaders in an effort to create space for dialogue in the unrest-wracked state.
- India's first traffic robot introduced in Indore
- International Yoga Day 2017: PM Modi leads celebrations in Lucknow
- Martyr Kashmiri cop Firoz Dar's poem on Facebook goes viral
- DNA: Analysing Anil Kumble's exit statement as India coach
- J&K: Three LeT terrorists killed in Pulwama
- Anil Kumble steps down as Team India head coach
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- DNA: Analysis of life taking speed breakers
- Agra: Drunk policeman creates ruckus, assaults hotel staff
- Lucknow: 7-year-old girl dies after iron gate of UP Secretariat falls on her
- Two injured in firing outside Jalandhar mall
- Watch: Record 5 lakh people do Yoga in Ahmedabad
- DNA: Analysing the power of yoga
- DNA: Today in History, June 21, 2016
- Presidential election: JD(U) supports NDA pick Ram Nath Kovind
- Bihar Board 10th result 2017 LIVE: BSEB 10th result 2017/Matric result 2017 declared, check biharboard.ac.in; overall pass percentage is 50.12
- Delhi on high alert after Intelligence Bureau warns of London-style terror attack
- Virender Sehwag reacts on Anil Kumble's resignation, says Jumbo's shoes will be hard to fill
- Saudi family tax creates big financial burden for Indians; 100 riyals for each dependent per month
- After Anil Kumble-Virat Kohli fiasco, fans demand return of MS Dhoni as India captain
- World must be prepared for an asteroid strike, warns scientist
- GST effect: AC, first class train fares to go up
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains now set for a makeover: Here is all you need to know
- Virat Kohli vs Anil Kumble: Batting great Sunil Gavaskar demands clarification from India captain
- Day of retirements for New Zealand: Black Caps lose Luke Ronchi, Jeetan Patel on same day
- Refrain from promoting GST or face protest: Congress' advice to Amitabh Bachchan
- BJP leader Bandi Ramesh hacked to death in Karnataka's Ballari
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- China funding Pakistan's mega dam in Pak-occupied Kashmir?
- Darjeeling unrest: Gorkhaland offers 12-hr window to schools to evacuate students, indefinite strike to continue