At least one civilian was injured when suspected militants lobbed grenades on CRPF and SOG camp in Shopian in Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday evening, news agency PTI reported.
Jammu And Kashmir News
The UN has denied that its observers in Kashmir came under attack from Indian Army in Kashmir, refuting the Pakistani allegations.
Pakistani fighter jets flew near the Siachen Glacier on Wednesday, according to a Pakistani media report.
Jammu and Kashmir People's Democratic Party (JKPDP or PDP) worker Abdul Qayoom was allegedly shot at by suspected terrorists at Jammu and Kashmir's Srinagar on Wednesday night.
Army officers are free to take decisions in a "war-like" zone, Defence Minister Arun Jaitley said on Wednesday referring to the situation in Jammu and Kashmir.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti met Governor N N Vohra here on Wednesday and discussed law and order, shelling along the Line of Control (LoC), infiltration attempts by militants and other issues.
The Jammu and Kashmir government has demanded around 27,000 security personnel to ensure safety of the pilgrims going to visit the Amarnath holy shrine dedicated to Lord Shiva.
Overnight counter-insurgency operation called off today as the militants managed to escape from the security forces' cordon.
Led by NC legislator Shameema Firdous, women activists started a protest march from the party headquarters in Srinagar.
Following the Indian Army's attack on Pakistani posts as part of counter-insurgency operations to stop militants from crossing into India, Congress leader Manishankar Aiyar asserted that New Delhi should hold talks soon with Islamabad and with Srinagar to resolve issues soon.
Kashmiri separatist leader and chief of Hurriyat Conference Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Tuesday strongly came down on the Narendra Modi-led government at the Centre over the glorification of Major Leetul Gogoi, who tied a man to a jeep in Kashmir purportedly as a 'human shield' against stone-pelters.
A gunbattle broke out between security forces and militants in Hakripora area of Pulwama district in south Kashmir on Tuesday, according to media reports.
The Indian Army chief's commendation for an officer accused of using a local as a human shield belies the hope that justice would be done to victims of human rights abuses in Kashmir, many Kashmiris say.
Stone pelting mobs and militants pose equal threat to the annual Amarnath pilgrimage that begins June 29, a senior official said on Tuesday.
Four alleged narcotic smugglers have been arrested in separate incidents from parts of Jammu and Samba districts, police said today, adding various types of drugs were seized from their possession.
The Indian Army's action against the Pakistan to destroy the terrorists' bunkers across the border in Nowshera sector in Kashmir has led to reactions pouring in from across the border.
Clashed broke out between the students and security forces in Jammu and Kahmir`s Pulwama district on Tuesday against the alleged arrest of their schoolmates.
NIA questioned for the third consecutive day on Monday several separatist leaders in Jammu and Kashmir.
The incident took place in Budgam area of Kashmir. The decision had helped save lives.
Gogoi shot to fame in social media after he tied a stone-pelter to a jeep in order to thwart violent protesters from targeting a security convoy.
A police constable decamped with four service rifles from Jammu and Kashmir's Budgam district.
The national anthem of Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) was played during a local cricket match in Jammu and Kashmir's Pulwama district on Saturday.
The sleuths from the National Investigation Agency (NIA) further questioned separatist leaders Farooq Ahmed Dar alias Bitta Karate and Gazi Javed Baba in the case, ANI reported
Singh also refused to accept the argument that Hurriyat is an 'important' stakeholder in resolving the Kashmir issue.
"This chapter of disturbance in Kashmir will come to an end very soon," Singh added.
A total of four terrorists were killed and three Indian soldiers were martyred in Nowgam operation, as per reports on Sunday.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh said on Sunday that the NDA government would find a permanent solution to the Kashmir issue.
Amit Shah on Sunday said the problem in Jammu and Kashmir was not widespread.
Authorities on Sunday imposed restrictions in old city areas of Srinagar to prevent a rally called by separatists.
The arrested youth included a college student, the police said, adding a mask and a "green and white flag", an apparent refence to the Pakistani flag, were recovered from them.
- Indian Army destroys Pakistani military posts to prevent infiltration
- Revealed - The truth behind Rajiv Gandhi's assassination
- Amarnath Yatra: High-level security meet held in Delhi
- Delhi: BSP leader, family murdered by business partner
- Nawaz Sharif not allowed to speak at Donald Trump event in Saudi Arabia
- Political backing has increased the scope of operations on LoC: General Bikram Singh
- I will continue to expose Kejriwal, says Kapil Mishra
- Manchester attack: At least 19 dead, dozens injured after blast at Ariana Grande concert
- PM Modi's address at the annual general meet of African Development Bank
- Exclusive: In conversation with Yogi Adityanath, CM of Uttar Pradesh
- All you need to know about Manchester attack
- DNA: Analysing Pakistan's retaliatory video showing damaged Indian posts
- Two killed as land caves-in at BCCL coal mine area in Dhanbad
- RJD leader Prabhunath Singh gets life sentence in 22-year-old murder case
- Jharkhand lynching: How WhatsApp rumours lead to killing of 7 people
- Vishu Bumper 2017: Kerala lottery result declared; winner gets Rs 4 crore as first prize - Check winning ticket numbers here
- Vivek Oberoi's gift to acid attack survivor Lalita Benbansi on her wedding day will melt your heart!
- Pakistani posts destroyed by Indian Army in Naushera sector - Watch Video
- Manchester terror attack: As it happened
- Megresults.nic.in, mbose.in SSLC 10th Results 2017 MOBSE: Meghalaya board Tura Class 10th (X) SSLC Results 2017 to be announced today soon
- US revives New Silk Road, Indo-Pacific Economic Corridor to counter China's OBOR; India may play key role
- manresults.nic.in Manipur Examination Result 2017 declared: Check Manipur Class 12th Results 2017 /COHSEM 12th Result
- Pakistan fighter jets fly close to Siachen Glacier; PAF Chief says response to Indian aggression will be remembered for generations
- Pakistan dismisses India's claim of action on Pak posts along LoC, says "don't brag"
- When PM Narendra Modi stopped his convoy to let an ambulance go ahead
- Following Delhi HC order, CBSE Board Class 12th XII Result 2017 unlikley to be declared today
- PM Modi's bold decisions in last 3 years to transform perception of India on global platform: USIBC
- Saif Ali Khan talks about troubled equation with former wife Amrita Singh in throwback video!
- This woman sent a gift made out of garbage to PM Narendra Modi — Here's his reply
- This VIDEO of Indian Army destroying Pakistani posts will swell your chest with pride! MUST WATCH