A high as well as medium danger avalanche warning was issued today for some avalanche-prone areas of Jammu-Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh.
Jammu And Kashmir News
The Hurriyat leadership in Jammu and Kashmir has called off its strike on Friday in view of the Shivratri or Herath festival celebrations in the state.
The Srinagar-Jammu National Highway was closed for traffic on Monday as landslides occurred at several places along the road link following rains.
Firing exchanges continued well past midnight after Pakistan Rangers violated ceasefire at the International Border in Ramgarh sector of Jammu region, a BSF official said on Sunday.
The army has lost 26 soldiers in the line of duty in Jammu and Kashmir in the first two months of 2017, while the security forces have stepped up the heat against militants, killing 22 ultras in 50 days -- the highest since 2010.
Jammu and Kashmir police on Saturday claimed to have busted a module of Hizbul Mujahideen terror outfit with the arrest of a militant and nine others who were "influencing" young and innocent boys in Baramulla district to join militancy.
Shortly after senior PDP leader Basharat Bukhari resigned from the Jammu and Kashmir cabinet, another PDP leader Imran Ansari followed by puting in his papers on Friday.
Apparently irked over change of his portfolio, senior Peoples Democratic Party leader Basharat Bukhari on Friday resigned from Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti`s cabinet.
Syed Basharat Bukhari on Friday resigned from the Cabinet of Mehbooba Mufti soon after he was shifted from high-profile Revenue, Relief, Rehabilitation and Reconstruction Ministry to Horticulture department.
Accusing the Congress of speaking in the voice of separatists and politicising the Army for "lowly political gains", the BJP today defended Army Chief Bipin Rawat's statement on tough action against locals hampering counter-militancy operations in Kashmir.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Friday expanded her cabinet by inducting senior PDP leader Syed Altaf Bukhari, who was dropped when she formed the government 10 months ago after the death of her father Mufti Mohammad Sayeed.
A political slugfest has broken out over Chief of Army Staff General Bipin Rawat’s statement.
There was huge improvement in the night temperature across Kashmir division, including Ladakh region, even as some places in the Valley received rains overnight.
A day after Army Chief General Bipin Rawat issued a strong warning to stone-pelters, the Jammu and Kashmir government of Mehbooba Mufti has issued an advisory asking people to stay away from the encounter areas.
Recovery of a wireless set by a villager near the Indo-Pak border in Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir today triggered panic before it was found that the device belonged to the army.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti will carry out tomorrow the first expansion of her nine-month-old ministry with induction of one or two PDP members.
Opposition National Conference today dubbed as "tragic" the Army Chief's warning of tough action against stone-pelters and said the government needs to engage politically with the "alienated" youth of the Valley.
Overnight rains at many places and fresh light snowfall in Gulmarg led to an increase in the minimum temperatures across the Valley and Ladakh region, with the mercury settling above the freezing point at most places.
Chief of Army Staff General Bipin Rawat on Wednesday said those Kashmiris supporting terrorists would be considered anti-national.
The wreath laying ceremony for Rifleman Ravi Kumar was held today in Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir.
The Army today paid homage to four soldiers, including an officer, who laid down their lives during two counter-insurgency operations in Bandipora and Kupwara districts of Kashmir.
Major Satish Dahiya , 31, led the Army operation in Handwara town in which three terrorists were killed.
Authorities today imposed restrictions in parts of south Kashmir's Kulgam district as a precautionary measure in view of separatists' call for a march to protest the death of two civilians there on Sunday.
Overcast conditions led to an increase in the minimum temperatures across Kashmir division, with the mercury settling above the freezing point at most places in the Valley, even as the Meteorological department forecast rains or snow over next few days.
At least 17 persons, including nine militants, six soldiers, and two civilians, were killed since Monday in three different gunfights in the Valley.
Four Army men, including a Major were on Tuesaday killed in two separate encounters in Kashmir.
While the forces were conducting the search operation in Bandipora district, the hiding militants fired upon them, triggering an encounter.
The army today paid tributes to the two jawans killed in an encounter with militants yesterday in Kulgam district
Curfew was today imposed in south Kashmir's Kulgam district and Shopian town after two civilians were killed yesterday
Violent clashes erupted on Sunday in Fraesal village of Kulgam district where eight people -- two civilians, two soldiers, four local militants -- were killed during a gunfight.
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- UP Assembly Elections: Over 61% turnout in phase three polling
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati - Part II
- PM Modi may hold a road show in Varanasi on March 3
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Opposition attacks PM Modi over his controversial statement
- Global Investors' Summit: In conversation with Jharkhand CM Raghubar Das
- Air pollution claims two Indian lives every minute: Study
- 24-year-old girl raped in Delhi's Hauz Khas area
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000
- SpaceX blasts off Falcon 9 rocket from NASA launchpad
- IND A vs Australia, Warm-up tie, Day 3 - As it happened
- IPL 10: RPS owner Sanjeev Goenka reveals reason behind replacing MS Dhoni with Steve Smith as captain
- IPL 2017: Mahendra Singh Dhoni replaced as Rising Pune Supergiants captain; Australia's Steve Smith named new skipper
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Kota: Fire breaks out at petrol pump in Rajasthan
- #IPL2017auction: Ben Stokes hogs limelight, goes to Rising Pune Supergiants for massive Rs 14.5 crore
- Bengaluru shamed again! Biker sexually assaults air hostess in posh residential area, tears her top