Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist Abdul Qayoom Najar was on Tuesday killed in near LoC.
Jammu And Kashmir News
Pakistan's Border Action Team (BAT) tried to help infiltrate 7-8 armed intruders into the Indian side in Jammu and Kashmir's Keran Sector in Kupwara district on Tuesday.
The Indian Army foiled the second infiltration bid by terrorists along the Line of Control in Uri sector of Kashmir in a span of two days on Tuesday morning. The encounter left one terrorist dead. The operation is currently underway.
The NIA on Monday questioned a Kashmir University PhD student and the head of Kashmir Traders' and Marketing Federation.
The security forces on Monday shot dead the fourth terrorist after a prolonged gunbattle in the Uri sector, foiling their plans to carry out a 2016-like attack on an Army base in 2016.
The Jammu and Kashmir Police have arrested the third terrorist believed to be behind the recent attack on a Sashastra Seema Bal camp in Banihal in which a jawan was killed.
The minister also directed concerned officers to remain present in their respective jurisdictions to deal with any emergency situation.
On September 18, 2016, four militants had stormed Army brigade headquarters in Uri killing 19 soldiers.
Two special police officers (SPOs) of Jammu and Kashmir Police were on Sunday injured in a grenade attack by militants in Sopore town of Baramulla district. Militants hurled a grenade towards security forces at Main Chowk Sopore at around 9.35 am, resulting in minor injuries to two policemen, a police official said.
The journalists also raised issues related to the accreditation policy, demanding it to be done at the district-level.
Jammu and Deputy Chief Minister Nirmal Singh was on Saturday heckled by Dogra community members over the state government's "failure" to declare Maharaja Hari Singh's birth anniversary as a state holiday.
Shelling along the disputed border between Pakistan and India killed six civilians, and wounded an additional 30 people, officials from the two sides said on Friday, in the latest confrontation between the two nuclear-armed countries.
Two terrorists, responsible for killing a head constable of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and wounding another jawan, were nabbed by the Jammu and Kashmir Police on Friday.
A civilian was injured on Thursday in firing and shelling by Pakistan Rangers on the international border in Jammu district.
Ending speculation, the Jammu and Kashmir police said that the killing of a head constable of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and wounding of another jawan in Ramban district on Wednesday was carried out by militants.
The SSP said that an FIR has been registered against the accused, who is married.
At least three civilians were killed and 30 others, including policemen and paramilitary troopers, were injured after a group of unidentified terrorists hurled grenades targeting a police party in Jammu and Kashmir's Tral on Thursday.
Pakistan on Thursday violated the ceasefire in Arnia Sector of R S Pura in Jammu distrcit.
Terrorists attacked Sashastra Seema Bal camp in Banihal, killing one jawan.
Bhat's arrest comes five days after the apprehension of another Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist from North Kashmir's Bandipora, with arms and ammunition.
A soldier was killed as Pakistani troops opened fire at an Army patrol in J&K.
A surprise check was conducted in the office of the TSO of Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution (CAPD) department at Thathri.
Four people were killed on Wednesday in a road accident on the Jammu-Srinagar highway in Jammu and Kashmir`s Ramban district, police said here.
In a major breakthrough, the security forces on Wednesday arrested a top Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist Aadil Ahmad Bhat from Bijbehara railway station in Jammu and Kashmir.
The clashes happened during campaiging for the first phase of the students union election scheduled for September 25 at the university.
A landslide blocked the 300-km Srinagar-Jammu national highway in Ramban district and was cleared in two-and-a-half hours to ensure smooth movement of traffic, officials said today.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Tuesday arrested two accomplices of captured Pakistani national and Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist Bahadur Ali in Jammu and Kashmir.
He maintained that government's assertation of a grave national security threat to the country due to their presence is only a “post-2014 development".
A fresh case was registered against Singh for carrying country made 315-pistol along with five live rounds.
A Delhi court on Saturday allowed the NIA to conduct custodial interrogation of two men, including a freelance photo-journalist, for three more days in alleged case of stone-pelting in Kashmir Valley and mobilising support against security personnel through the social media.
- Doklam standoff: China deploys over 12,000 troops in Chumbi Valley
- Pak's nuclear weapons at risk of being stolen by terrorists: US scientists
- Army foils infiltration bid in Uri, terrorist killed
- Watch: James Mattis, Nirmala Sitharaman speak at India-US joint press briefing
- Honeypreet files anticipatory bail plea, claims threat to life
- Govt failed to fulfill any of its promises in 3 years of reign: Mulayam Singh
- India exercises right to reply, slams Pak at UN after Maleeha Lodhi's goof-up
- Haryana police raids locations across Delhi in search of Honeypreet Insan
- TMC MP Mukul Roy to quit party post Durga Puja
- Iqbal Kaskar confirms brother Dawood Ibrahim lives in Karachi
- Dawood Ibrahim funded Zakir Naik's NGO, reveals Iqbal Kaskar
- Graves of 28 hindus collectively found in Myanmar
- India should welcome Rohingya refugees, says BJP leader Varun Gandhi
- BHU violence: Varanasi commissioner questions varsity administration, say sources
- Ousted Pak PM Nawaz Sharif to have a hard time ahead, says political analyst
- 41-year-old woman detained at passport control for being 'too young'
- Newton for Oscars: Priyanka Chopra and mother Madhu Chopra upset over film's entry?
- Donald Trump once wanted to have sex with Princess Diana
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi retweets Sachin Tendulkar, Twitter goes beserk
- Mahira Khan and Ranbir Kapoor NYC photo frenzy: Bollywood stands up in defence
- Karunanidhi is well, rumours of death are completely false, say DMK leaders
- This Twitter convo between Kumar Sangakkara and Hardik Pandya is pure gold
- Eman Ahmed, once dubbed as world's heaviest woman, passes away
- Honeypreet also 'raped' by Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh at Dera, claims follower
- 'China used loudspeakers, tanks to bully India, Bhutan during Doklam standoff'
- US reveals 9 secret locations housing Pakistan's nuclear weapons, raises 'takeover' alarm
- Designed to last 6 months, India's Mangalyaan completes 3 years in Mars orbit
- India, US hit out at 'terror safe haven' Pakistan in joint statement
- PM Modi pushes electricity for all with Rs 16,000 cr Saubhagya Scheme
- Dengue, chikungunya, malaria, flu – Here's your guide to tackle infections head-on!