A video showing school girls indulging in stone pelting led Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Inspector General Ravi Deep Sahi to express concern over the incident.
Jammu And Kashmir News
Ruling PDP has urged the Election Commission to defer indefinitely the bypoll to the Anantnag Lok Sabha constituency against the backdrop of the volatile situation prevailing there.
Pakistan is relying more on terror ideologues and preachers than its foot soldiers to execute its anti-India plans.
J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti on Monday said PM Narendra Modi appears amenable to holding talks with stake-holders in a bid to arrest the deteriorating situation in the Valley.
He left home a month ago to join insurgents, escaping from alleged police harassment. But the death of 24-year-old Younis Ganai has come as a kind of "relief" to his father.
The Bharatiya Janata Party on Monday refuted claims of any rift in the BJP-PDP alliance government in Jammu and Kashmir and said that his party will extend support to the state government.
People's Democratic Party (PDP) district president Pulwama Abdul Gani Dar was on Monday attacked by terrorists.
The top security brass of the country on Monday reviewed the situation in Jammu and Kashmir amid continued unrest in the Kashmir Valley.
As colleges and universities opened on Monday after a week in the Kashmir Valley, students again clashed with security forces and resorted to stone pelting, officials said.
The PDP-BJP government in Jammu and Kashmir is "working well" and there are no differences between the coalition partners in the state, according to BJP state president Sat Sharma.
Ahead of CM Mehbooba Mufti's crucial meeting with PM Narendra Modi, it has now emerged that nearly 300 WhatsApp groups were used to mobilise stone-pelters in the Kashmir Valley to disrupt security forces’ operation at encounter sites.
CM Mehbooba Mufti said on Monday that a conducive atmosphere was needed for restoring order in violence-hit Jammu and Kashmir, soon after she met PM Narendra Modi over the worsening security situation in the state.
Online booking of tickets for the helicopter service for the annual Amarnath Yatra will begin from April 25, a top official said today.
Coming down heavily upon Congress leader P Chidambaram for his tweet regarding the People's Democratic Party (PDP)-Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) alliance, the BJP on Sunday dubbed the former as 'failed ex-home minister,' while saying that the grand old party was fishing in troubled waters by making such negative assertion.
Two militants, who opened fire on an army patrol, were killed by the security forces in an encounter today in the Budgam district of central Kashmir.
The Jammu and Kashmir Police on Saturday arrested four members of a self-styled 'gau rakshak' (cow vigilante) group in Reasi district after they attacked and injured a nomadic family of five.
A fresh spell of rain lashed Uttarakhand`s Haldwani region, causing a drop in temperature.
Classes in colleges across the Kashmir Valley remained suspended for the fifth day on the trot as a precautionary measure in the wake of protests by students earlier this week against alleged high-handedness of security forces.
With the Jammu and Kashmir Government led by Mehbooba Mufti drawing sharp criticism in wake of the recent unrest in the Valley.
Classes in colleges across Kashmir remained suspended for the fourth day on Friday and authorities discontinued teaching work in higher secondary institutions for a day as a precautionary measure in the wake of students' protest against alleged highhandedness of security forces.
The idea of using a Kashmiri man as a human shield against angry stonepelters in Kashmir by a young army officer was the right thing as everything is fair in love and war, BJP National General Secretary Ram Madhav said on Thursday.
BJP's pointsman for Jammu and Kashmir also said the current Kashmir situation is "certainly troubling" but expressed confidence that the PDP-BJP government will handle it.
The Army has instituted a Court of Inquiry into the alleged incident, where a youth was tied to the front of a moving Army jeep as a shield against stone pelters in Jammu and Kashmir's Beerwah area.
Union Minister Hansraj Ahir on Thursday accepted that the situation in Kashmir is "not completely under control" and assured that the Centre is making all efforts to improve the same.
People alleged sabotage and demanded a high-level inquiry into the repeated fire incidents in Bhalesa area in which they claim properties worth crores have been damaged.
The Congress, which has been critical of both the Centre and the PDP-BJP coalition government over their handling of the Jammu and Kashmir situation, set up a policy-planning group led by former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for the state on Wednesday.
The adivasis want the govt to form a 'Gofan battalion'.
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) jawan said he was not scared of stone-pelters in Kashmir but was wary of a situation which could spin out of control.
Pakistani troops had fired from automatic weapons and shelled mortars on forward posts along LoC in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir on Monday.
- Project Ghatak: All you need to know about India's stealth combat drones
- Chhattisgarh: 25 CRPF soldiers martyred in Naxal attack in Sukma
- Delhi MCD Election Results 2017: Confident of BJP's win in civic polls, says Manoj Tiwari
- Ground report: How Naxals attacked CRPF battallion in Sukma!
- Kashmir violence: Students boycott classes, throw stones on security forces
- Discussion - The big issues of Delhi MCD elections 2017
- National-level player Shumaila gets triple talaq for giving birth to a girl
- Terrifying footage shows Cheetah attacking tourist in South Africa sanctuary
- More than 20 CRPF jawans martyred in Sukma ambush, PM Modi offers condolences
- DNA: When will government take serious action against Naxalites?
- Why are students resorting to stone pelting in J&K?
- DNA: Is Pakistan showing dual standards on the subject of terrorism?
- Sukma attack: 70% women among Naxalite attackers in Monday encounter
- I take this attack as a challenge, says Rajnath Singh on Sukma ambush
- It's people's mandate, accept it gracefully: Sheila Dikshit on MCD election results
- Check bse.odisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic; Odisha BSE HSC Class 10 Results 2017, BSE Odisha Results 2017, Odisha Matric Results 2017 declared
- MCD Election Results 2017 LIVE: PM Narendra Modi 'grateful' to Delhi voters fo BJP win; AAP No 2, Congress No 3
- Baba Ramdev says 'I am safe and healthy, don't believe in any rumours'
- MCD polls: 34 MLAs want Arvind Kejriwal's resignation as Delhi CM if AAP loses?
- Arvind Kejriwal threatens to launch 'movement` if MCD exit poll results, predicting BJP victory, come true
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Amla juice found unsafe; Armed forces' stores suspend sale
- HPBOSE 12th Result 2017, HP Board 12th Result 2017, Himachal Pradesh Class 12 Results 2017 expected to be announced today; check hpbose.org
- Why should I remove it, Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah on red beacon
- North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC) Election Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins 29 seats, Congress 9, AAP 10
- Watch: India's 'Ghatak' project – Stealth combat drones
- Nawazuddin Sidduiqui’s DNA test report reveals his true religion – WATCH
- Delhi Daredevils, Anil Kumble commit Twitter gaffe, wish wrong Sagarika on engagement with Zaheer Khan
- Aadhar for cattle? Centre proposes 'Unique Identification Number' for each cow, progeny
- Bandh in Tamil Nadu today in support of drought-hit farmers; DMK, Congress back shutdown
- Monkey fever claims woman's life in Goa - What you need to know about this condition