Militants on Thursday attacked a police vehicle in Shopian district of Kashmir.
Jammu And Kashmir News
Candidates of both the Jammu and Kashmir's ruling PDP and the Congress on Wednesday filed their nomination papers for the Anantnag Lok Sabha by-election.
Elections in Anantnag became necessary after the seat fell vacant when Mehbooba Mufti, who represented the seat, became the Chief Minister of the state.
Jitendra Singh, the minister of state in Prime Minister's Office, is a Lok Sabha member from the Udhampur constituency.
Regretting an incident of alleged manhandling of a photojournalist, the Jammu and Kashmir police on Tuesday said that it is mulling special identification badges for lensmen belonging to media organisations to facilitate their field work.
The Jammu and Kashmir Police on Monday apprehended a terrorist from Thakrakote district in a joint operation with security forces.
A Sikh body here today demanded a fresh probe into the Chattisinghpora massacre which claimed the lives of 35 Sikhs on this day in 2000.
National Conference leader Farooq Abdullah and ruling PDP candidate Nazir Ahmad Khan Monday filed their nomination papers for Srinagar Lok Sabha constituency which is going to bypolls on April 9.
Stating that the "Guest Control Order" for curbing expenses in marriages is for the society's welfare.
The Pakistan Army on Sunday resorted to unprovoked shelling and firing on Indian positions on the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir's Rajouri and Poonch districts, authorities said.
Laws like AFSPA are "not imposed out of any fun" and states should create conditions where they are not needed, BJP leader Ram Madhav said today disagreeing with chief minister Mehbooba Mufti's pitch for the revocation of the Act from some areas of J&K.
India's longest road tunnel built on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway will open to traffic very soon following successful completion of trial run.
The strategic Jammu-Srinagar national highway that was closed on Friday evening following landslides in Ramban district, was reopened on Saturday after restoration of one-way traffic, an official said.
Rashtriya Samajwadi Party (Secular) candidate Sajad Reshid today filed his nomination papers for Srinagar Lok Sabha seat where bypoll is scheduled next month.
They said Kashmir, Ladakh, Jammu, Azad Kashmir and Gilgit Baltistan are a single entity.
A security operation in south Kashmir`s Pulwama district was called off on Friday after militants managed to escape, police said.
The Election Commission of India (ECI) will hold polls to 6 seats of Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Council on April 17.
A group of photojournalists staged a protest on Thursday, demanding the immediate suspension of the Jammu and Kashmir police personnel who assaulted two of them outside the residence of Kashmiri separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani.
Police today disallowed a joint press conference called by separatist leaders, including the chairmen of both factions of Hurriyat Conference, and took them into custody.
Police on Thursday arrested separatist leaders Syed Ali Geelani, Mirwaiz Umer Farooq and Muhammad Yasin Malik here after they tried to stage a protest.
Slain Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani's successor Zakir Musa has posted a new video on the social media uin which he has called on the young Kashmiri protestors to attack security forces in J&K.
A Class 11 girl student was on Wednesday crushed to death by a bus on Srinagar-Jammu highway at Pampore in south Kashmir’s Pulwama district.
Three foreign militants and a six-year-old girl were killed in a gunfight between holed-up militants and security forces in north Kashmir's Kupwara district on Wednesday.
Jammu and Kashmir, Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Wednesday raked up the issue of revocation of controversial Armed Forces Special Powers Act from some areas.
The National Conference and the Congress announced on Wednesday they will fight the by-elections to the Lok Sabha from Srinagar and Anantnag in Jammu and Kashmir as allies.
The Srinagar-Jammu National Highway was partially reopened for traffic today, a week after landslides due to snowfall and rains had led to its closure.
Three militants were today killed in an encounter with the security forces in north Kashmir's Kupwara district.
IAF today carried out sorties of over 500 passengers who were stranded in Jammu following closure of the Jammu-Srinagar national highway due to heavy rains and snowfall, to Kashmir Valley.
The strategic Jammu-Srinagar highway remained closed on Tuesday prompting authorities to make arrangements to airlift stranded passengers.
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- BMC serves notices to 500 senior doctors on strike, asks to resume work
- Terror attack outside British Parliament, several injured
- DNA: Today in history, 21 March 2017
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- PoK residents protest against Pakistan’s move to make Gilgit-Baltistan its fifth province
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's farewell speech in Lok Sabha
- Exclusive: What keeps Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid dispute still unresolved?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- 'ISIS letter' in Varanasi challenges Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath to stop mayhem on March 24
- Why the name of an Andaman island a matter of shame for Indian patriots? - BJP MP has an answer
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Raju Srivastava to replace Sunil Grover?
- Kapil Sharma case: Bombay HC stays FIR against comedian, directs BMC to resolve dispute
- SUDDEN INSPECTION! What happened when Yogi Adityanath paid surprise visit to Hazratganj police station
- UK Parliament attack: Four including assailant dead, at least 20 injured
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad hits Air India staffer with slipper; complainant says 'God save our country'
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath? Here's how Pak media reported on Gorakhpur MP's elevation as UP CM
- Baby born with rare condition labelled 'alien' by shocked mom who refused to nurse him