Three separatist leaders from Jammu and Kashmir Farooq Ahmed Dar alias Bitta Karate, Javed Baba and Naeem Khan on Tuesday arrived at National Investigation Agency (NIA) Delhi headquarters for the second day of their interrogation in the Pakistan funding matter.
Jammu And Kashmir News
The government has ruled out talks with separatists in Kashmir and insists that the problem of violence is limited to just five districts of south Kashmir while the rest of the state is "in peace".
The Srinagar-Jammu National Highway was closed for traffic on Tuesday in view of the separatists' call for a march to Tral to pay tribute to Hizbul Mujahideen commander Sabzar Bhat.
In Srinagar, restrictions continued in seven police station areas of Khanyar, Nowhatta, Safakadal, M R Gunj, Rainawari, Kralkhud and Maisuma.
The Indian Army had actionable information that the militants assisted by Pakistani Army were planning a BAT attack on the Indian troopers in Uri sector.
NIA has found strong evidence against Kashmiri separatists Farooq Ahmad Dar, Javed Ahmad Baba and Nayeem Khan, who have been alleged to have received funds from Pakistan-based terrorist groups.
Two moderate intensity earthquakes hit Bhaderwah and Doda belts of Jammu and Kashmir on Monday.
The questioning comes after the central probe agency, formed in the wake of the 26/11 Mumbai attacks.
A day after Indian Army Chief Gen Bipin Rawat called for innovation in fighting what he called a 'dirty war' in Jammu and Kashmir, the Communist Party of India (Marxist) on Monday questioned the former's capability to understand the Indian society.
Rahul Jarngal, an engineer belonging to Jammu and Kashmir's Kathua district, has scaled the Mount Everest.
Two separatist leaders from Jammu and Kashmir will appear before the National Investigation Agency (NIA) for questioning in connection with their alleged funding by Pakistan-based terror outfits including Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) and Jamaat-Ud-Dawaah (JuD) in its Delhi headquarters on Monday.
Curfew and restrictions continued in Srinagar and other places in the Kashmir Valley on Monday as authorities said "these were necessary to maintain law and order".
A police official said Malik has been shifted to central jail in Srinagar. He was arrested from his residence in Maisuma near Lal Chowk this morning.
The Agenda of Alliance sealed by the BJP and the PDP before they formed the government in the state talks about holding dialogue with all internal stakeholders.
Despite the valley-wide shutdown on Sunday and Monday against the killing of Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist Sabzar Ahmad Bhatt, 799 candidates out of 815 appeared for common entrance written examination.
The state government has said that 718 people have encroached upon 422 acres of wetlands in Kashmir Valley.
Both of them were questioned for four consecutive days earlier this month as part of the ongoing investigation.
Anita Suri was found dead at her residence on May 24. She worked as a senior faculty member at the AMT School in Jammu.
The fire broke out on the new battery car track and later, spread to the other stretches. The 'yatra' route was closed as a precautionary measure, the police said.
Pakistan Army today shot dead a civilian and injured another in Keran sector of Kupwara district near Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir.
Nearly 800 Kashmiri youths on Sunday appeared in the common entrance exam for selection of junior commissioned officers and other ranks in the Army amid unrest in the Valley following the killing of militant Sabzar Bhat.
"The intruder was killed in an ambush. His identity is yet to be ascertained".
The body of one intruder was recovered as the Indian Army foiled another infiltration attempt by Pakistan in Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch area on Sunday.
Curfew has been announced following the killing of Hijbul Mujahideen commander Sabzar Ahmed Bhat in an encounter with security forces in Jammu and Kashmir's Tral area on Saturday.
Pakistan Foreign Affairs Adviser Sartaj Aziz has condemned the killing of top Hizbul commander Sabzar Ahmad Bhat and other terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir by the Indian forces, and called upon the international community and the United Nations to bring an end to the bloodshed.
One civilian was killed and 35 injured others, including five policemen, were injured in violent protests as authorities braced for a recurrence of the 2016 unrest that saw nearly 100 dead.
The Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission has postponed the written test for Civil Service (Judicial) Competitive Examination, which was scheduled to be held on Sunday.
At least 35 people got injured in clashes in different areas of Kashmir Valley with five security personnel also receiving bullet injuries, officials said.
Sabzar joined militancy at the age of 15 when security forces killed Burhan's brother, Khalid, in Tral.
The spike in Pakistani attempts to breach the border comes as the Muslims have begun their holy month of Ramadan across the country.
- Cyclone Mora to intensify in 24 hours; heavy rainfall expected in Bengal, Northeast
- Watch: India's strategic plan to extinguish terrorism from Kashmir
- Exclusive Interview: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with UP CM Yogi Adityanath
- Punjab: Search operations in Pathankot after suspicious bag found
- IIT-Madras students hold beef fest to protest cattle slaughter ban
- Journalist murder case: CBI takes custody of RJD leader Shahabuddin
- Delhi: Trainee IFS officer found dead in swimming pool in Ber Sarai
- 3 years of Modi govt: Exclusive chat with Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu
- Babri case: UP CM Yogi Adityanath meets Advani ahead of framing of charges
- At least 30 killed in lightning, storm in Bihar
- Exclusive Interview: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with U.P. CM Yogi Adityanath - Part-II
- Babri Masjid case: Court to frame charges against LK Advani, Joshi, Uma Bharti
- Special Report : Is Air India finally going to get warm adieu?
- DNA: Watch India's report card on health and hygiene
- Construction of Dhola-Sadiya bridge in Arunachal irks China
- Wbresults.nic.in HS Results 2017 WBCHSE: Wbchse.nic.in HS Class 12th Result 2017 West Bengal Board to be announced today on May 30 at 10:30 AM
- West Bengal WBCHSE Class 12th HS Result 2017 declared, check wbchse.nic.in, wbresults.nic.in for grades
- jharresults.nic.in/jac.nic.in - Jharkhand 10th Result 2017, Jharkhand JAC Intermediate Result 2017, JAC Matric Result 2017
- CHSE Odisha Results 2017, Odisha class 12th Result 2017, Odisha +2 Results 2017 to be declared soon; check orissaresults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in
- orissaresults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in - CHSE Odisha +2 Arts, Commerce Results 2017 to be declared shortly; CHSE Odisha Plus Two Exam Results 2017, Orissa Class 12 Results 2017
- BSEB 12th result 2017: Bihar Board 12th result 2017 declared @ www.biharboard.ac.in; 70% science students, 76% arts students fail
- WB HS Results 2017: Check wbchse.nic.in, wbresults.nic.in for West Bengal WB Class 12th Result 2017 to be declared shortly
- 7th Pay Commission: E-CoS to take final call on allowances today, will it propose HRA hike of up to 178%?
- Jharkhand JAC Secondary Class 10 Results 2017, Jharkhand Board Matric Results to be announced soon on May 30
- 1993 Mumbai serial blasts: Special TADA court likely to pronounce order against Abu Salem
- Mahresult.nic.in MSBSHSE HSC Results 2017: www.mahresult.nic.in 2017 Maharashtra Board HSC Class 12th XII (+2) Exam Result 2017 declared
- WATCH: 'Remove Jhijhak Ki Patti', Gautam Gambhir kick-starts inspirational campaign for Indian soldiers
- LIVE: Ind vs Ban, ICC CT 2017: Karthik's departure brings Jadeja on crease
- After Uzma's return, now couple from Hyderabad pleads Sushma to save daughter stuck in Pak
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two Exam Results 2017, Orissa Class 12 Examination Results 2017 to be declared within minutes