Life across the Kashmir Valley was affected on Wednesday by the separatist-called protest shutdown.
Jammu And Kashmir News
Extra forces were deployed on Wednesday in sensitive areas of Kashmir Valley.
The Jammu and Kashmir Police has issued fresh advisories to its force in this region to prevent incidents of weapon snatching by militants and anti-national elements.
Two suspected members of the dreaded terror outfit Islamic State (IS) on Wednesday moved an application before a court here, pleading guilty to the charges levelled against them.
Independent MLA Sheikh Abdul Rashid was on Wednesday detained by J&K Police when he and his supporters tried to march towards Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti's residence here to protest the killing of three youths in security forces' action in Budgam district yesterday.
It's an amazing video film showing all the aspects of the India's longest road tunnel i.e. Chenani-Nashri tunnel project.
In the wake of the killing of three youth in Budgam district of Kashmir on Tuesday, separatists are observing a general strike on Wednesday.
There have been 127 infiltration attempts in Jammu and Kashmir since 2015, the government informed the Rajya Sabha on Tuesday. As many as 101 terrorism incidents have taken place in the state since 2016.
In the wake of the civilian casualties and injuries during the stone pelting that occurred on the sidelines of the Budgam encounter in Jammu and Kashmir today, the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) has made a fervent appeal to the locals of the Valley to not pose as an obstruction in the path of security forces while they are combating terrorists.
A grenade packed with spicy jelly, which causes irritation in the eyes on exploding, is likely to be included in the weaponry of security forces in Kashmir for quelling violent protests but pellet guns will stay.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Tuesday asked local militants, who want to return to the mainstream, to give up their arms as nothing can be achieved through violence.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will dedicate to the nation the India's longest road tunnel on April 2. It is built on the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway.
The encounter going on between security forces and terrorists in Budgam in Jammu and Kashmir came to an end on Tuesday evening.
Pellet guns "may be" used by the security forces in Kashmir valley to disperse the rioters if their alternatives fail, the government said on Tuesday.
After intense gunfight, a militant was gunned down by security forces in Jammu and Kashmir's Budgam district on Tuesday.
The Supreme Court recently asked the Centre and the Jammu and Kashmir government to decide whether Muslims in the state can be treated as the minority.
On the occasion of first Navratra on Tuesday, a huge rush of devotees is seen at the world famous Vaishno Devi shrine in Jammu.
A fierce encounter is underway between security forces and militants in Chadoora area in Jammu and Kashmir's Budgam district.
An additional 20,000 paramilitary personnel will be dispatched to Jammu and Kashmir for deployment during the forthcoming bypolls in Srinagar and Anantnag Lok Sabha seats.
A Hizbul Mujahideen module aiming to disrupt the forthcoming bypoll to the Jammu and Kashmir`s Anantnag parliamentary constituency was busted with seven militants arrested from Kulgam district on Monday, police said.
An article in 'Kashmir Narrator' has said that return of Kashmiri pandits to the Valley would be like cancer.
The Supreme Court on Monday allotted a two-week time to Centre to consider effective alternatives to use of pellet guns and devise ways to quell agitating mobs in Jammu and Kashmir as it concerns life and death.
The Supreme Court will on Monday hear the plea filed by Kashmir High Court Bar Association (KHBA) seeking direction in the use of pellet guns.
Terrorists attacked the ancestral home of a ruling PDP minister late on Sunday night in Anantnag district of Jammu and Kashmir and decamped with four weapons of security guards.
Suspected militants on Sunday night attacked the ancestral residence of Jammu and Kashmir Minister Farooq Abdrabi.
Two Hizbul terrorists were gunned down on Sunday while two militants have been apprehended in separate incidents in Jammu and Kashmir.
Asserting that he will not deter from condemning Pakistan sponsored terrorism, Maulana Syed Athar Dehlavi, a Delhi-based Muslim cleric whose Personal Security Officer (PSO) was attacked by terrorists late last night on Sunday, said that he will not succumb to such incidents.
Ahead of the by-polls for Anantnag parliamentary seat, the Jammu and Kashmir police arrested 18 persons on stone pelting charges on Saturday.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) (Jail), Abdul Bhat's two sons were abducted by terrorists in Budgam's Chadoora in Jammu and Kashmir.
Ahead of bypolls for Anantnag parliamentary seat, the Jammu and Kashmir Police on Sunday arrested at least 18 persons over their alleged involvement in stone pelting protests in the Kashmir valley.
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Separatists call for Kashmir bandh today
- Watch: Exclusive report on joint exercise conducted by India and Oman soldiers
- Nigerians beaten up by locals in Greater Noida
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- India defeat Australia by eight wickets, reclaim Border-Gavaskar Trophy
- Public outrage after fire breaks out in Neelganga area in Ujjain, around 20 shops burnt
- Delhi MCD Election: What concerns do Delhiites have in their mind?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of an afternoon nap
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Fuming Sakshi Rawat asked if 'is there any privacy left' or not after husband MS Dhoni's private Aadhaar info leaked on Twitter
- Shakti devotees Narendra Modi, Yogi Adityanath begin 9-day Chaitra Navratri fast
- Raju Srivastava replaces Sunil Grover, becomes permanent member of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- Rupee hits 17-month high; gains past 65 vs US dollar
- Have you ever seen a fish like this one? It's 20-feet long, weighs 700 kgs
- Kapil Sharma least affected by Sunil Grover’s exit?
- 'Man of action` Yogi Adityanath comes to the rescue of a woman facing torture over dowry
- Oppo sacks Chinese employee who insulted Indian flag
- BIG DEBATE - Muslims are 68% in J&K, why they are still considered minority?