The Srinagar-Jammu National Highway was reopened for traffic today, two days after landslides at some places led to closure of the road link.
Jammu And Kashmir News
This is an eye-opener for most of us.
The Kashmir unit of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has, for the first time, organised a counseling session for the youths of Ganderbal district of central Kashmir, against stone pelting.
The strategic Jammu-Srinagar national highway was on Wednesday reopened for one-way traffic after two days.
The BSF foiled an infiltration bid along the LoC in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir early today, gunning down a militant even as a huge amount of ammunition was seized.
Setting an example for the rest of the country, the Jammu and Kashmir government on Tuesday, announced slew of measures to put a cap on the overspending and use of essential commodities in social, government and private functions.
The Jammu-Srinagar national highway remained closed for the second consecutive day Tuesday stranding scores of vehicles and passengers on the over 300 km long road, an official said.
Border Security Force personnel foiled an infiltration bid along the Line of Control in Keri Sector of Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir and gunned down a terrorist in the wee hours of Tuesday.
A high as well as medium danger avalanche warning was issued today for some avalanche-prone areas of Jammu-Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh.
The Hurriyat leadership in Jammu and Kashmir has called off its strike on Friday in view of the Shivratri or Herath festival celebrations in the state.
The Srinagar-Jammu National Highway was closed for traffic on Monday as landslides occurred at several places along the road link following rains.
Firing exchanges continued well past midnight after Pakistan Rangers violated ceasefire at the International Border in Ramgarh sector of Jammu region, a BSF official said on Sunday.
The army has lost 26 soldiers in the line of duty in Jammu and Kashmir in the first two months of 2017, while the security forces have stepped up the heat against militants, killing 22 ultras in 50 days -- the highest since 2010.
Jammu and Kashmir police on Saturday claimed to have busted a module of Hizbul Mujahideen terror outfit with the arrest of a militant and nine others who were "influencing" young and innocent boys in Baramulla district to join militancy.
Shortly after senior PDP leader Basharat Bukhari resigned from the Jammu and Kashmir cabinet, another PDP leader Imran Ansari followed by puting in his papers on Friday.
Apparently irked over change of his portfolio, senior Peoples Democratic Party leader Basharat Bukhari on Friday resigned from Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti`s cabinet.
Syed Basharat Bukhari on Friday resigned from the Cabinet of Mehbooba Mufti soon after he was shifted from high-profile Revenue, Relief, Rehabilitation and Reconstruction Ministry to Horticulture department.
Accusing the Congress of speaking in the voice of separatists and politicising the Army for "lowly political gains", the BJP today defended Army Chief Bipin Rawat's statement on tough action against locals hampering counter-militancy operations in Kashmir.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Friday expanded her cabinet by inducting senior PDP leader Syed Altaf Bukhari, who was dropped when she formed the government 10 months ago after the death of her father Mufti Mohammad Sayeed.
A political slugfest has broken out over Chief of Army Staff General Bipin Rawat’s statement.
There was huge improvement in the night temperature across Kashmir division, including Ladakh region, even as some places in the Valley received rains overnight.
A day after Army Chief General Bipin Rawat issued a strong warning to stone-pelters, the Jammu and Kashmir government of Mehbooba Mufti has issued an advisory asking people to stay away from the encounter areas.
Recovery of a wireless set by a villager near the Indo-Pak border in Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir today triggered panic before it was found that the device belonged to the army.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti will carry out tomorrow the first expansion of her nine-month-old ministry with induction of one or two PDP members.
Opposition National Conference today dubbed as "tragic" the Army Chief's warning of tough action against stone-pelters and said the government needs to engage politically with the "alienated" youth of the Valley.
Overnight rains at many places and fresh light snowfall in Gulmarg led to an increase in the minimum temperatures across the Valley and Ladakh region, with the mercury settling above the freezing point at most places.
Chief of Army Staff General Bipin Rawat on Wednesday said those Kashmiris supporting terrorists would be considered anti-national.
The wreath laying ceremony for Rifleman Ravi Kumar was held today in Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir.
The Army today paid homage to four soldiers, including an officer, who laid down their lives during two counter-insurgency operations in Bandipora and Kupwara districts of Kashmir.
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes for tainted SP minister Gayatri Prajapati raises questions
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC elections: BJP-Shiv Sena contesting separately for first time in 20 years
- BJP begins counselling youths in Kashmir against stone pelting
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Himachal Pradesh's Mandi enters Limca Book of World Records
- DNA: Analysis on mobile technology disinfection that pose threat to patients
- Global Investors' Summit: In conversation with Jharkhand CM Raghubar Das
- DNA: Today in history, 21 February, 2017
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH
- MS Dhoni set to lead Jharkhand in 2017 Vijay Hazare Trophy
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Javed Miandad unfazed by Pakistani players' absence from IPL, says we've got our own PSL
- Amar Singh makes explosive claim, says Mulayam scripted Samajwadi Party family feud to help Akhilesh
- 'Cyanide' Mallika, Sasikala's dangerous neighbour in Bengaluru prison, shifted
- Kota: Fire breaks out at petrol pump in Rajasthan
- Indian Premier League 10: Mohammad Azharuddin calls MS Dhoni's sacking as RPS captain a 'third-rate decision'
- Do you suffer from chronic knee pain? Online treatment may help you!
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: When Mahendra Singh Dhoni travelled in train with Jharkhand teammates