The clashes happened during campaiging for the first phase of the students union election scheduled for September 25 at the university.
Jammu And Kashmir News
A landslide blocked the 300-km Srinagar-Jammu national highway in Ramban district and was cleared in two-and-a-half hours to ensure smooth movement of traffic, officials said today.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Tuesday arrested two accomplices of captured Pakistani national and Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist Bahadur Ali in Jammu and Kashmir.
He maintained that government's assertation of a grave national security threat to the country due to their presence is only a “post-2014 development".
A fresh case was registered against Singh for carrying country made 315-pistol along with five live rounds.
A Delhi court on Saturday allowed the NIA to conduct custodial interrogation of two men, including a freelance photo-journalist, for three more days in alleged case of stone-pelting in Kashmir Valley and mobilising support against security personnel through the social media.
Days after killing Amarnath terror attack mastermind and Lashkar-e-Taiba commander Abu Ismail during an encounter in Srinagar, the security forces in Jammu and Kashmir released a list of top five dreaded terrorists who are active in the Valley.
Two militants were killed in Jammu and Kashmir's Kupwara district on Saturday and a huge stash of arms recovered as the Army foiled an infiltration bid along the Line of Control (LoC).
Pakistan rangers on Saturday violated ceasefire along the International Border (IB) in Jammu and Kashmir targeting Indian positions, killing livestock and damaging several properties.
This is the sixth ceasefire violation by Pakistan in a span of five days.
Abu Ismail planned and carried out the attack on a bus of Amarnath Yatris in Anantnag district on July 10 this year, police said. Eight pilgrims were killed and 13 others injured in the attack.
The Jammu and Kashmir administration on Thursday restored the mobile internet service, almost half an hour after it was blocked in the city.
In a big development, dreaded Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorist Amarnath terror attack mastermind Abu Ismail was on Thursday killed in an encounter with security forces in Jammu and Kashmir's Nowgam area.
Two overground workers of the Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist outfit were arrested on Thursday.
Two suspected overground workers of the banned Hizbul Mujahideen have been arrested in north Kashmir, police said today.
In a joint operation, the Indian Army, Jammu and Kashmir Police and CRPF on Thursday started a cordon and search operation in Jammu and Kashmir's Pulwama district suspecting the presence of terrorists in the area.
Five persons, including two BSF jawans, were injured in firing and shelling by Pakistani troops in violation of ceasefire along the International Border (IB) and the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Poonch districts of Jammu and Kashmir, prompting forces here to retaliate.
At 1545 hours, Pak rangers also fired mortar shells along IB, he said adding that the BSF retaliated.
Himanshu Sharma, a class 10 student, was found unconscious shortly after leaving for his school in the field and was rushed to a local hospital where he was declared brought dead by the doctors.
Amnesty International on Wednesday reiterated its call for a ban on pellet-firing shotguns used by Indian forces in Kashmir to quell civilian protests.
Shah was arrested by the Enforcement Directorate on July 26, a day after several Hurriyat leaders were taken into custody of the National Investigating Agency (NIA) in a case of alleged terror funding in the Valley.
The move follows rising concern about safety of children at schools after a seven-year-old boy was found dead with his throat slit in the washroom of a prominent school in Gurugram.
A policeman was injured on Wednesday when his service rifle went off accidentally in Jammu and Kashmir`s Ganderbal district.
Officials have been directed to ensure that vehicles are not parked in any landslide or vulnerable zones under any circumstances.
The children were given first-aid and handed over to their parents.
Two more braid-cutting incidents were today reported in Bhaderwah town of Doda district, raising the number of such cases to six in less than a week, officials said.
The government is trying to regain the faith of people of Kashmir, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh said on Tuesday and sought support of all political parties and stakeholders to resolve the problems of the state.
A traffic official said the officers have been directed to ensure that no vehicle is allowed on the highway, and those stranded are not parked in any landslide or vulnerable zones under any circumstances.
In an attempt to connect with the J&K youth, the Centre has decided to give 3000 jobs to migrants from Kashmir valley.
In a major breakthrough, Zahoor Watali, the Srinagar-based businessman who has been arrested in connection with the alleged financing of separatists in J&K, has revealed that the ISI has entrusted two senior Pakistan Army officers for fuelling tension in the Kashmir Valley.
- America flies fighter jets over North Korea amid rising tensions
- Watch: Marshal of the Indian Air Force (Late) Arjan Singh's state funeral
- Dawood Ibrahim's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested by Mumbai police
- IAF Marshal Arjan Singh laid to rest with full state honours
- Arrested Al-Qaeda terrorist's Rohingya connection discovered
- Pakistan a terror-manufacturing unit: India at UN
- Ryan International School, Gurugram reopens today after 7-year-old's murder
- Refugees or terrorists: This is how Pak is using Rohingyas against India
- Shocking! Two students kept hostage at Jagdalpur school
- Ivanka Trump meets External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj
- Yogi Adityanath, deputy CMs take oath as MLCs
- Ground report: Ceasefire violations wreaking havoc in Jammu villages
- Thane court sends Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar to 8-day police custody
- Five months after suspending the process of H-1B visas, US resumes operation
- Rohingyas a serious security threat, residing in India illegally: Centre tells SC
- Mumbai: 55-year-old mother gets her own son killed for sexually abusing her
- Manish Tewari posted abusive tweet against PM Modi on Sonia, Rahul instruction: BJP
- Heavy rains, lightning hits Mumbai; BMC on alert
- Dean Jones gets brutally trolled for his 'India needed rain to win' tweet
- MS Dhoni catches up on sleep at Chennai airport, Twitter is in love
- Seeking a job at NASA? This is what you're signing up for
- Pakistan a terror manufacturing unit: India at UN
- 'Ghumane waala daal': Stump mic reveals how MS Dhoni leads Team India from behind
- Can Sunil Grover and Ali Asgar be a part of TKSS again? Kapil Sharma’s response will make you happy
- Yuzvendra Chahal takes a dig at Steve Smith, says two new balls were an 'advantage' for Australia
- Virat Kohli is responsible for MS Dhoni's recent transformation, says Sourav Ganguly
- Rohingyas are a serious security threat, staying in India illegally, Centre tells Supreme Court
- Maya Kodnani was not present in Naroda Gam on day of riots: Amit Shah tells court
- Ryan student murder case: I saw Pradyuman's blood-stained bag, bottle, says traumatised classmate
- Suspected ISI agent arrested for threatening woman colonel