Following the Indian Army's attack on Pakistani posts as part of counter-insurgency operations to stop militants from crossing into India, Congress leader Manishankar Aiyar asserted that New Delhi should hold talks soon with Islamabad and with Srinagar to resolve issues soon.
Jammu And Kashmir News
Kashmiri separatist leader and chief of Hurriyat Conference Syed Ali Shah Geelani on Tuesday strongly came down on the Narendra Modi-led government at the Centre over the glorification of Major Leetul Gogoi, who tied a man to a jeep in Kashmir purportedly as a 'human shield' against stone-pelters.
A gunbattle broke out between security forces and militants in Hakripora area of Pulwama district in south Kashmir on Tuesday, according to media reports.
The Indian Army chief's commendation for an officer accused of using a local as a human shield belies the hope that justice would be done to victims of human rights abuses in Kashmir, many Kashmiris say.
Stone pelting mobs and militants pose equal threat to the annual Amarnath pilgrimage that begins June 29, a senior official said on Tuesday.
Four alleged narcotic smugglers have been arrested in separate incidents from parts of Jammu and Samba districts, police said today, adding various types of drugs were seized from their possession.
The Indian Army's action against the Pakistan to destroy the terrorists' bunkers across the border in Nowshera sector in Kashmir has led to reactions pouring in from across the border.
Clashed broke out between the students and security forces in Jammu and Kahmir`s Pulwama district on Tuesday against the alleged arrest of their schoolmates.
NIA questioned for the third consecutive day on Monday several separatist leaders in Jammu and Kashmir.
The incident took place in Budgam area of Kashmir. The decision had helped save lives.
Gogoi shot to fame in social media after he tied a stone-pelter to a jeep in order to thwart violent protesters from targeting a security convoy.
A police constable decamped with four service rifles from Jammu and Kashmir's Budgam district.
The national anthem of Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) was played during a local cricket match in Jammu and Kashmir's Pulwama district on Saturday.
The sleuths from the National Investigation Agency (NIA) further questioned separatist leaders Farooq Ahmed Dar alias Bitta Karate and Gazi Javed Baba in the case, ANI reported
Singh also refused to accept the argument that Hurriyat is an 'important' stakeholder in resolving the Kashmir issue.
"This chapter of disturbance in Kashmir will come to an end very soon," Singh added.
A total of four terrorists were killed and three Indian soldiers were martyred in Nowgam operation, as per reports on Sunday.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh said on Sunday that the NDA government would find a permanent solution to the Kashmir issue.
Amit Shah on Sunday said the problem in Jammu and Kashmir was not widespread.
Authorities on Sunday imposed restrictions in old city areas of Srinagar to prevent a rally called by separatists.
The arrested youth included a college student, the police said, adding a mask and a "green and white flag", an apparent refence to the Pakistani flag, were recovered from them.
The meeting, among others, was attended by Director General of Police S P Vaid, Chief Executive Officer, Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board, Umang Narula and other civil and police officers, an official spokesman said.
Constable Syed Naveed Mushtaq, posted at a godown of the Food Corporation of India (FCI) in Chandpora area, fled and took along with him his own INSAS rifle as also of three other policemen deployed there, a police official said.
The fatalities occurred when the jawans engaged a group of infiltrators near the LoC in Naugam sector, media reports said.
The sleuths from the NIA quizzed Hurriyat leaders for alleged “subversive acts in Kashmir with funds from Pakistan-based LeT terror group,” PTI reported.
The Hurriyat leader called an emergency meeting after a media group expose showed one of its leader Naeem Khan admitting to receiving funding from Pakistan to create unrest in the Kashmir Valley.
Munir Ahmad Khan on Saturday said that every possible effort would be taken to eradicate militancy, adding that the youth of the state would be guided towards a positive direction.
The separatists should take a moral high ground and come out clean on the sting operation by a Delhi-based television channel which showed them allegedly being involved in subversive activities in Jammu and Kashmir, Independent MLA Sheikh Abdul Rashid said on Saturday.
A group of terrorists were intercepted near Line of control (LoC) in Handwara sector of Jammu and Kashmir's Kupwara district on Saturday.
A Special Pre-Induction Training is going on in Jammu and Kashmir`s Nagrota and Hiranagar to handle the unlawful gathering.
- Delhi: Man dies after being trapped in lift in Narela
- BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha praises Arvind Kejriwal on Twitter
- Revealed - The truth behind Rajiv Gandhi's assassination
- Indian Army destroys Pakistani military posts to prevent infiltration
- Rajnath Singh chairs meet on Kashmir situation
- Delhi: BSP leader, family murdered by business partner
- Yeddyurappa ate hotel food at Dalit's home, accused of practicing 'untouchability'
- Terrifying moment - Video shows girl grabbed, dragged into water by sea lion
- PM Modi's address at the annual general meet of African Development Bank
- Kolkata: Police fire tear gas, lathicharge to control Left agitators
- Political backing has increased the scope of operations on LoC: General Bikram Singh
- Manchester attack: At least 19 dead, dozens injured after blast at Ariana Grande concert
- I will continue to expose Kejriwal, says Kapil Mishra
- First high-speed Mumbai-Goa Tejas Express makes first trip today
- Arun Jaitley files additional Rs 10 cr defamation suit against Kejriwal
- Instead of tying stone pelter on army jeep tie Arundhati Roy, tweets BJP MP Paresh Rawal; sparks row
- Pakistani posts destroyed by Indian Army in Naushera sector - Watch Video
- Manchester terror attack: As it happened
- WATCH: The last Mitchell Johnson over that sealed MI's IPL 2017 final fate against RPS
- Megresults.nic.in, mbose.in SSLC 10th Results 2017 MOBSE: Meghalaya board Tura Class 10th (X) SSLC Results 2017 to be announced today soon
- manresults.nic.in Manipur Examination Result 2017 declared: Check Manipur Class 12th Results 2017 /COHSEM 12th Result
- Sea lion grabs girl, drags her into water - WATCH what happens next!
- Prabhas’ ‘Baahubali 2’ becomes highest grosser Hindi movie! Check out Box Office report
- Pakistan dismisses India's claim of action on Pak posts along LoC, says "don't brag"
- bseh.org.in; HBSE Result 2017, HBSE 10th Results 2017, Haryana Board 10th result 2017 declared
- Brave Major Leetul Gogoi, who tied Kashmir 'stone-pelter' to jeep, gets award from Indian Army Chief
- Virat Kohli, Anil Kumble demand 150% hike for Grade A players; move may not favour MS Dhoni
- Ram Jethmalani calls Arun Jaitley 'crook', Finance Minister files Rs 10 cr defamation suit against Arvind Kejriwal
- This VIDEO of Indian Army destroying Pakistani posts will swell your chest with pride! MUST WATCH
- cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in; CBSE 12th Result 2017, CBSE Class 12 Results 2017, CBSE Class XII Result likely to be declared today