Separatists in Kashmir have called for a bandh on Tuesday to protest against the arrest of seven persons, including the son-in-law of Syed Ali Shah Geelani, by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in connection with its terror funding probe.
Jammu And Kashmir News
Two separate inquires have been ordered by the home ministry into the death of a CRPF man in Jammu and Kashmir due to alleged negligence by his superior, who reportedly did not allow the sick jawan to be taken to the nearest medical centre.
This year, the yatra will conclude on Shravan Purnima (Raksha Bandhan) on August 7.
Hurriyat leadership has called for a shutdown in the Kashmir Valley on Tuesday.
In a significant development, the Jammu and Kashmir police on Monday claimed that they have identified the "over-ground workers" of terror outfit Lashkar-e-Toiba who had provided logistical help to militants before the attack on Amarnath pilgrims.
Following Kargil Day celebrations, Indian Army personnel on Monday displayed a Bofors gun in Drass.
A CRPF spokesman said an inquiry has been ordered into the entire incident including the alleged thrashing of the company commander by his subordinates.
Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist Sajid Ahmad Gilkar, who played a key role in instigating the mob to lynch DSP Ayub Pandith, was killed by security forces in Budgam district on July 12, the Jammu and Kashmir Police confirmed on Monday.
The month of July has seen greater ceasefire violations, which resulted in killings of 11 people, including nine soldiers and injuries to 16 others besides dislocation of thousands of people from the border areas of the state.
A batch of 1,002 pilgrims left Jammu for the 3,888-metre-high Amarnath cave shrine of Lord Shiva in south Kashmir Himalayas on Sunday where over two lakh devotees have paid obeisance this year.
Police on Sunday arrested three overground workers (OWGs) of militants in summer capital Srinagar and recovered an AK-47 rifle from their possession.
A terrorist has been gunned down as the Indian Army on Sunday foiled an infiltration bid at Machhal Sector along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir.
Another batch of 1,141 pilgrims left Jammu on Sunday for the Kashmir Valley to perform the annual Amarnath Yatra, officials said.
Rahul Gandhi had slammed Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh and the Centre while digging out issues.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Saturday criticized National Conference (NC) president Farooq Abdullah for his remarks on Kashmir issue and said that the situation in Kashmir Valley would be same as Syria and Afghanistan if America intervenes on the matter.
At least eight policemen including an Assistant Sub-Inspector, were injured after soldiers beat them up for allegedly stopping their vehicle at a check-post in Kashmir on Friday late night.
A fresh batch of over 1,100 pilgrims left here on Saturday to perform the ongoing Amarnath Yatra, an official said.
Bearing the brunt of the heavy shelling and ceasefire violation by the Pakistani troops, a school premise was heavily damaged here.
According to the sources, Pakistan army violated ceasefire by resorting to unprovked firing across the LoC in Chhamb sector at 6.05 p.m.
An army official said the Indian Army is retaliating to the Pakistani aggression in equal measure.
Police arrested Malik in Druggen area after the Friday prayers when Malik came out of a mosque to lead the march towards the headquarters of the UN Military Observers Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP) in Sonawar area.
Srinagar District Magistrate Farooq Ahmad Lone said restrictions under section 144 CrPc were imposed in areas falling under the jurisdiction of seven police stations -- Rainawari, Khanyar, Nowhatta, M.R.Gunj, Safa Kadal, Maisuma and Ram Munshibagh.
While 11 people have been rescued from the debris, many others are feared trapped and the toll is likely to rise, police said.
The authorities on Thursday closed as many as 85 schools as heavy shelling from the Pakistan side continued along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir's in Nowshera and Manjkote sectors.
A massive search operation has been launched to flush out most wanted Lashkar-e-Toiba commander Abu Dujana and two of his top associates after they managed to escape from the hands of the security forces.
Three persons were killed and several houses and shops were damaged on Thursday in a cloudburst in the hilly Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
An Army JCO injured in Pakistani shelling on the Line of Control died on Wednesday.
A 60-year-old pilgrim from Madhya Pradesh died on his way back from the Amarnath shrine.
The number of stone-pelting incidents in Kashmir has dropped down to 664 in 2017 as compared to 2,808 in 2016.
A 60-year-old pilgrim from Madhya Pradesh died on his way back from the Amarnath shrine, taking the death toll in the ongoing annual yatra to 48, officials said on Wednesday.
- Minor gives birth in school, accuses auto driver of rape
- Monsoon in India: Scores killed in floods, landslides
- Easy to stir mountain but not our army: China's threat to India on Doklam standoff
- India 3rd largest target to witness most terror activities, says report issued by US foreign ministry
- Is UP CM Yogi Adityanath going against PM Modi's move to end red beacon culture?
- Operation All-Out: 111 terrorists killed so far in Kashmir by Indian Army
- JNU V-C wants tank on campus to remind students of Army’s sacrifices
- Security forces kill one terrorist in J&K's Machel Sector
- Watch: Vegetable sellers deploy gunmen for security of tomatoes in Indore
- Nithari killings: Koli, Pandher get death sentence for murder of Pinki Sarkar
- Delhi: Overspeeding car kills 25-year-old at ITO
- Pune: NDA Cadet found hanging in his room
- Hooligans and police clash in Jewar, Greater Noida; 4 arrested, 2 absconding
- DNA: Analysis of 'terror funding' by Hurriyat leaders
- Watch: President Pranab Mukherjee's farewell address to nation
- Former ISRO Chief UR Rao, man behind India's 1st satellite Aryabhatta, dies
- After Sonu Nigam, singer Suchitra Krishnamoorthi tweets about Azaan and loudspeakers
- ICC Women's World Cup Final: England vs India - As it happened...
- Saliva analysis turns up evidence of 'ghost' ancient human species!
- DSP Ayub Pandith lynching: Main accused killed in encounter, 20 other arrested, informs IG Kashmir
- Indian workers emigrating to 6 Gulf nations declines by 34.6%, remittances fall
- Ram Mandir should be constructed within legal framework: BJP chief Amit Shah
- Two Jordanians die in shooting at Israeli embassy in Amman: Security source
- India vs England, ICC Women’s World Cup 2017, Final: Live Streaming, TV Listing, Date, Time, Venue
- Mumbai: Woman biker crushed to death while avoiding a pothole, probe ordered
- Dhinchak Pooja's new song 'Baapu Dede Thoda Cash' is so bad that it's actually good! - Watch
- Thor: Ragnarok TRAILER will blow your mind away! WATCH
- Canadian PM Trudeau goes 'desi, offers prayers in Indian attire to mark 10th anniversary of BAPS temple
- Sanjay Manjrekar criticises Mithali Raj and co for Women's World Cup final defeat, faces heat on Twitter
- Terror funding in Kashmir: Son-in-law of Syed Ali Shah Geelani, 6 other separatist leaders arrested by NIA