A police official said Malik has been shifted to central jail in Srinagar. He was arrested from his residence in Maisuma near Lal Chowk this morning.
Jammu And Kashmir News
The Agenda of Alliance sealed by the BJP and the PDP before they formed the government in the state talks about holding dialogue with all internal stakeholders.
Despite the valley-wide shutdown on Sunday and Monday against the killing of Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist Sabzar Ahmad Bhatt, 799 candidates out of 815 appeared for common entrance written examination.
The state government has said that 718 people have encroached upon 422 acres of wetlands in Kashmir Valley.
Both of them were questioned for four consecutive days earlier this month as part of the ongoing investigation.
Anita Suri was found dead at her residence on May 24. She worked as a senior faculty member at the AMT School in Jammu.
The fire broke out on the new battery car track and later, spread to the other stretches. The 'yatra' route was closed as a precautionary measure, the police said.
Pakistan Army today shot dead a civilian and injured another in Keran sector of Kupwara district near Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir.
Nearly 800 Kashmiri youths on Sunday appeared in the common entrance exam for selection of junior commissioned officers and other ranks in the Army amid unrest in the Valley following the killing of militant Sabzar Bhat.
"The intruder was killed in an ambush. His identity is yet to be ascertained".
The body of one intruder was recovered as the Indian Army foiled another infiltration attempt by Pakistan in Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch area on Sunday.
Curfew has been announced following the killing of Hijbul Mujahideen commander Sabzar Ahmed Bhat in an encounter with security forces in Jammu and Kashmir's Tral area on Saturday.
Pakistan Foreign Affairs Adviser Sartaj Aziz has condemned the killing of top Hizbul commander Sabzar Ahmad Bhat and other terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir by the Indian forces, and called upon the international community and the United Nations to bring an end to the bloodshed.
One civilian was killed and 35 injured others, including five policemen, were injured in violent protests as authorities braced for a recurrence of the 2016 unrest that saw nearly 100 dead.
The Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission has postponed the written test for Civil Service (Judicial) Competitive Examination, which was scheduled to be held on Sunday.
At least 35 people got injured in clashes in different areas of Kashmir Valley with five security personnel also receiving bullet injuries, officials said.
Sabzar joined militancy at the age of 15 when security forces killed Burhan's brother, Khalid, in Tral.
The spike in Pakistani attempts to breach the border comes as the Muslims have begun their holy month of Ramadan across the country.
A civilian was killed and at least 30 people were on Saturday injured in violent clashes between protesters and security forces in the Kashmir Valley following the killing of two Hizbul Mujahideen militants, including top commander Sabzar Bhat, in an encounter in Pulwama district.
The weapons recovered included AK-47 and INSAS rifles. The police and the Army had cordoned off the area after the attack. A massive anti-insurgency operation is currently underway.
Hizbul Mujahideen commander Sabzar Ahmad Bhat was killed along with another militant in an encounter with security forces in Tral area of Kashmir's Pulwama district.
It has not even been 24 hours since the social media sites and applications including Facebook, WhatsApp and Twitter were restored in Kashmir Valley.
Sabzar Bhat alias Abu Zarar had succeeded former Hizbul commander Burhan Wani, who was killed on July 08, 2016, in Anantnag district.
The burglars looted the money from a J&K Bank ATM in Unisoo village in Langate area late Friday night.
The ban came in when these social networking sites were being "misused by anti-national and anti-social elements to create law and order disturbances" in Kashmir.
Rampur sector is adjacent to the Uri sector where the Army on Friday foiled an attack by Pakistan`s Border Action Team and killed two intruders.
A group of terrorists attacked at Indian Army's patrolling party at Jammu and Kashmir's Saimooh village in Pulwama's Tral area on Friday.
Clashes broke out between protestors and security forces after Friday prayers in north Kashmir's Sopore town and Old City in Srinagar.
In a significant development, the Indian Army on Friday foiled a major infiltration bid allegedly backed by the Pakistani BAT along the LoC in the Uri sector of J&K.
A short video has emerged showing the members of delegation meeting hardline separatist leader, Syed Ali Geelani, at his uptown Hyderpora residence in Srinagar.
- Burhan Wani's successor Sabzar Bhat killed in Kashmir
- Man brutally beaten to death by woman in Ghaziabad for obscene phone calls
- 17-year-old boy develops unique slipper called 'Electroshoe' for women's safety
- Intelligence Bureau issues alert for infiltration of 22 terrorists from Jaisalmer border
- CBSE Class XII results: Amity International School, Noida's Raksha Gopal tops with 99.6%
- Does India deserve the best facilities? Tejas Express defiled after first day of operations
- Watch: This is how Delhi's Ayesha Falak saved her brother-in-law from kidnappers
- 17-year-old boy invents unique slipper called 'Electroshoe' for women's safety
- Rahul Gandhi meets Saharanpur violence victims at border
- Watch: India's strategic plan to extinguish terrorism from Kashmir
- Appalling! Patients shunted out of Agra hospital for Minister's visit to reduce 'clutter'
- Exclusive: In conversation with Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu over changes in Indian Railway
- DNA: NASA, ISRO join hands to build Earth-imaging satellite 'NISAR'
- Soaps, shampoos distributed among locals in Kushinagar before Yogi Adityanath's visit
- DNA: Today in history, May 27, 2017
- Rajasthan Board 12th Arts Result 2017: Check RBSE 12th Class Arts Result at rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in
- WBBSE Results 2017: www.wbresults.nic.in WBBSE Madhyamik (Class 10) Results 2017 to be declared soon
- WBBSE Result 2017: West Bengal Madhyamik Result/WBBSE Madhyamik (Class 10) Results 2017 declared; check www.wbresults.nic.in
- HSC Result 2017: mahresult.nic.in Maharashtra HSC Result 2017 to be declared by May 30, 2017
- Idea Data Jackpot Offer: Get 10 GB monthly data for 3 months at just Rs 100
- Tral encounter: Burhan Wani's successor Sabzar Bhat killed in Pulwama; shutdown in Kashmir Valley
- CBSE class 12 results: Here's topper Raksha Gopal's marksheet; it is going viral - This is UNBELIEVABLE!
- West Bengal Madhyamik Result: WBBSE Madhyamik (Class 10) Results 2017 to be declared shortly; check wbresults.nic.in
- ICC Champions Trophy 2017, Warm-up: India vs New Zealand — As it happened...
- Zika virus in India: Symptoms, treatment and protective measures you need to follow!
- Hizbul Commander Sabzar Bhat killed: Know how Burhan Wani's successor was tracked by intelligence agencies
- Chennai: Three burnt to death inside a car
- Tral Encounter: Virender Sehwag ‘salutes’ Indian Army for killing top Hizbul Mujahideen commander Sabzar Ahmad Bhat
- Rejection in love prompted Sabzar Bhat become a Hizbul terrorist – Complete details inside
- Mitchell McCleneghan slams fan for anti-Muslim rant on Twitter