Opposition leaders were told about the prevailing situation along the Sino-Indian border and Jammu and Kashmir and the government's action, an official spokesperson said.
Jammu And Kashmir News
Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chairman Mohammad Yasin Malik was on Saturday released on bail following a 13-day imprisonment at the Central Jail here.
Three terrorists of Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) outfit were on Saturday killed in an encounter with security forces in a forest area of Tral in Pulwama district of south Kashmir, a police official said.
An army soldier was martyred on Saturday in yet another Pakistani ceasefire violation in Jammu and Kashmir.
According to ANI, the attacker has been apprehended and he conmfessed to the crime.
Mufti made the remarks after meeting Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh here to appraise him of the current situation in the state.
Earlier in the week, as many as seven people were killed and fifteen others injured after a group of terrorists opened fire on a bus carrying 17 pilgrims from Baltal to Mir Bazar around 8.20 pm on Monday night.
"The Amarnath Yatra attack has been one reversal but we will continue our operations, will continue targeting terrorists. We will continue improving the situation," the Chinar Corps Commander, Lt Gen JS Sandhu, said here briefing the media.
"A total of 3,398 yatris left the Bhagwati Nagar Yatri Niwas at 3.30 am in an escorted convoy of 132 vehicles," the official added.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti, who is in the national capital, will meet Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Saturday.
The arrests were made when the high grade heroin packets were being taken to Amritsar from Kashmir for selling purposes.
An encounter broke out between militants and security forces in Tral area of Pulwama district in Kashmir on Saturday, police said.
Escorted by the CRPF and the police personnel, the fresh batch, consisting of 3,111 males, 892 females and 102 sadhus and sadhvis, left in a convoy of 191 vehicles for Baltal and Pahalgam base-camps this morning
According to the police, Gilkar had played a key role in the lynching of DySP Mohammad Ayub Pandith near Jamia Masjid in Nowhatta area of Srinagar on June 22.
The bus was not registered with the Amaranth Shrine Board and had reportedly violated the travel rules.
The Jammu-Srinagar National Highway was on Friday reopened for traffic after remaining closed for a day due to heavy rains in Ramban and Udhampur districts.
A video of terrorists playing cricket, using AK 47 as wickets in south Kashmir has gone viral.
An Afghan national living illegally in Jammu and Kashmir's Baramulla district was arrested by the security forces on Thursday.
The security forces on Friday arrested a Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) militant in Jammu and Kashmir's Bandipora district, police said.
Authorities in Jammu and Kashmir imposed restrictions in parts of the city on Friday to scuttle separatist-called protests.
In yet another attempt to win over the hearts of Kashmiri locals, the Indian Army is focusing on imparting education to the children, with their 'Free Open Army School' programme.
The Border Roads Organisation, which is maintaining the road, pressed its men and machines into service to clear the highway.
The police on Thursday detained moderate Hurriyat Conference chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq as he tried to lead his supporters towards the martyrs' graveyard in the Naqshband Sahib area of the city, officials said.
Sandeep Sharma, a.k.a Adil, who was arrested by Jammu and Kashmir Police last Sunday, joined terror group Lashkar-e-Taiba as he wanted to marry a Kashmiri girl "at any cost".
A fresh batch of 3,500 pilgrims left Jammu for the Kashmir Valley on Thursday to perform the annual Amarnath Yatra.
DSP Pandith was stripped and stoned to death by a mob outside the historic Jamia Masjid in Nowhatta area of downtown Srinagar on June 22.
Security forces have launched a massive hunt for Pakistani national and LeT 'commander' Abu Ismail who has emerged as the mastermind of terror attack on Amarnath pilgrims
Air India on Wednesday announced to waive penalty charges for no-show, cancellation and rescheduling of tickets for passengers travelling to and from Jammu in the aftermath of the terror attack on Amarnath pilgrims.
Union minister Smriti Irani said the challenges around Kashmir were a legacy of the Nehru-Gandhi family and that "the country knows it".
- DNA: US lists Pak among countries providing 'safe havens' to terrorists
- US keeps Pakistan on list of countries providing 'safe havens' to terrorists
- Rahul Gandhi seen with Chinese envoy in undated photo
- Dr Subhash Chandra files criminal defamation case against Prashant Bhushan
- DNA: Analysing the problem of power theft in India
- DNA: Anti-Pakistan protests erupt in Sindh
- Karnataka wants separate flag, sets up panel to explore
- Monsoon showers in Delhi-NCR cause waterlogging, traffic jams in many areas
- BSP supremo Mayawati resigns from Rajya Sabha
- This is what Ram Nath Kovind said after winning Presidential Poll - Watch
- Ram Nath Kovind wins Presidential Election
- DNA :Karnataka wants separate state flag, Siddaramaiah govt sets up panel
- DNA: Analysing whether right to privacy is fundamental or not
- Commandos deployed for safety of Kanwar Yatra
- Zee Media launches Zee Salaam for Urdu audience
- Kangana Ranaut severely injured during 'Manikarnika' shoot, rushed to hospital
- 1100 jobs in IMD: SSC Scientific Assistants Recruitment 2017; check ssconline.nic.in
- Seven needles removed from body of 3-year-old girl allegedly abused by mother's employer
- Ram Nath Kovind vs Meira Kumar: Here is how states voted in Presidential Election 2017
- Presidential Election 2017 Results: The states where Meira Kumar got more votes than Ram Nath Kovind
- Doklam stand-off: This is how India is countering China at the border
- Maharashtra horror: Goon butchered in Dhule, CCTV footage goes viral - Watch
- WATCH: Sunny Leone accepts Chris Gayle's challenge, clean bowls left-hander with superb dance on 'Laila Main Laila' song
- ‘Nepotism rocks’ barb: Kangana Ranaut affected by Varun Dhawan, Karan Johar and Saif Ali Khan’s joke?
- Dokalam stand-off: 'Hindu nationalism risks pushing India into war with China'
- Search for missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 uncovers hidden undersea world
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2 goes on sale in India; Redmi 4A available at Re 1
- Caught on cam: Goons brutally thrash couple in UP's Maharajgang, circulate video
- Irfan Pathan's 'un-Islamic' post: Muslim cleric Maulana Sajid Rashidi hits out at all-rounder's 'shameful act'
- PM Benjamin Netanyahu denounces EU's repeated criticism of Israel as an 'anomaly'