Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chief Yasin Malik was arrested in Srinagar on Friday when he tried to lead a protest march here.
Jammu And Kashmir News
A petrol tanker burst into flames after it rolled off the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway into a deep gorge on Friday.
A low intensity quake measuring 3.2 on the Richter Scale was felt in Jammu and Kashmir early on Friday.
All educational institutions, including colleges and schools have also been closed across the Kashmir Valley to prevent protests by students.
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting is organizing a three-day `MODI festival` on completion of three years of Union Government at Satwari in Jammu from on Friday.
The Indian Army on Thursday said that Pakistani markings were found on ammunition, medicines, eatables and other war like stores they recovered from three terroists in Jammu and Kashmir.
The Jammu and Kashmir government has decided to impose restrictions in seven areas of Srinagar following a shutdown call by Hurriyat leaders.
Aiming to detect terrorists who might be hiding in wall cavities or false ceilings, the Indian Army will now use 'through the wall' radar imaging during counter-insurgency operations in Kashmir Valley.
At least seven infiltrators have been gunned down when the Indian Army on Thursday foiled multiple infiltration attempts by armed groups in Jammu and Kashmir, Northern Command of the Army said in a statement released on Twitter.
At least twelve CRPF troopers injured in Kashmir stone pelting
Security forces on Thursday launched a cordon and search operation (CASO) in south Kashmir's Pahalgam an area which is a base camp for the annual Amarnath Yatra commencing later this month.
A soldier and two terrorists lost their lives during an encounter on Thursday in Jammu and Kashmir`s Nowgam sector.
Two Indian Army soldiers were injured in an encounter in Jammu and Kashmir`s Baramulla district on Thursday.
Two militants and a jawan were killed as the Army foiled an infiltration bid along the Line of Control (LoC) in Naugam sector in north Kashmir's Kupwara district today.
Indian Army Chief General Bipin Rawat said on Thursday the country's armed forces are fully prepared to thwart any threat to India's sovereignty while also cautioning that Pakistan's malicious propaganda will not succeed in Kashmir.
Seven people were killed, dozens of cattle perished and hundreds of houses damaged in massive windstorms and lightning here in Jammu and Kashmir.
The Jammu and Kashmir Cabinet on Wednesday approved monetary benefits to Kashmir Police Service (KPS) officers without rank promotions.
On May 26, two Pakistani Border Action Team (BAT) members who tried to infiltrate into Uri sector to carry out an attack on the soldiers were killed.
The Congress in Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday termed as "unfortunate" the death of a student in a clash between security forces and a stone-pelting mob Shopian and appealed the people especially the youth to not take law in their hands and help restore peace in the valley.
An unidentified militant who among hundreds of others had attended the funeral of slain Hizbul Mujahideen Sabzar Ahmed Bhat's funeral in South Kashmir's Tral surrendered before Handwara Police on Wednesday.
Authorities on Wednesday suspended mobile internet services in the Kashmir Valley following the death of a youth in a security force firing in the Shopian district.
One person was killed after a heavy clash break out between security forces and protestors in Shopian district of Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti today expressed grief and sorrow over the demise of former minister and senior PDP leader Rangeel Singh.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi today blamed the Centre and the PDP-BJP government in Jammu and Kashmir for the current unrest in the border state, accusing them of "colossal failure" and "systematically alienating" the local population in the Valley.
Only those with medical fitness and age certificates will be allowed to undertake this year's pilgrimage to the holy cave shrine of Amarnath in Jammu and Kashmir's Pahalgam district, it was announced on Tuesday.
A BSF head constable allegedly set his wife on fire and later committed suicide by jumping in front of a train in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir.
It was agreed to ensure complete peace on the international border so that the saint's annual fair is held peacefully,
Authorities on Tuesday blocked the website of the National Institute of Technology (NIT) Srinagar after it was hacked by a group that posted anti-India slogans on it.
Former Hizbul Mujahideen commander Zakir Musa has urged the Indian Muslims to join the ongoing Islamic jihad (the holy war) to conquer India.
The terrorists attempted to enter the camp of the CRPF's 45th battalion at Sumbal in Bandipora at around 4.10 am by opening fire at the sentry post, a police official said.
- International Yoga Day 2017: PM Modi leads celebrations in Lucknow
- India's first traffic robot introduced in Indore
- DNA: Analysing Anil Kumble's exit statement as India coach
- Moving towards making India self-reliant in Defence, says PM Modi in Lucknow
- Martyr Kashmiri cop Firoz Dar's poem on Facebook goes viral
- Anil Kumble steps down as Team India head coach
- Arunachal Pradesh: Army rescues 200 stranded civilians post massive landslide
- Agra: Drunk policeman creates ruckus, assaults hotel staff
- Lucknow: 7-year-old girl dies after iron gate of UP Secretariat falls on her
- Watch: Record 5 lakh people do Yoga in Ahmedabad
- DNA: Analysis of life taking speed breakers
- J&K: Three LeT terrorists killed in Pulwama
- Presidential election: JD(U) supports NDA pick Ram Nath Kovind
- Take a look! 25 best pictures of International Yoga Day celebrations
- DNA: Analysing the power of yoga
- Bihar Board 10th result 2017 LIVE: BSEB 10th result 2017/Matric result 2017 declared, check biharboard.ac.in; overall pass percentage is 50.12
- Delhi on high alert after Intelligence Bureau warns of London-style terror attack
- Virender Sehwag reacts on Anil Kumble's resignation, says Jumbo's shoes will be hard to fill
- Saudi family tax creates big financial burden for Indians; 100 riyals for each dependent per month
- After Anil Kumble-Virat Kohli fiasco, fans demand return of MS Dhoni as India captain
- GST effect: AC, first class train fares to go up
- World must be prepared for an asteroid strike, warns scientist
- Anil Kumble confirms rift with Virat Kohli : READ his exit statement
- Virat Kohli vs Anil Kumble: Batting great Sunil Gavaskar demands clarification from India captain
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains now set for a makeover: Here is all you need to know
- Refrain from promoting GST or face protest: Congress' advice to Amitabh Bachchan
- Twitter slams Virat Kohli as Team India head coach Anil Kumble steps down
- Rahul Dravid questions Yuvraj Singh, MS Dhoni's roles in India's 2019 World Cup preparations
- Darjeeling unrest: Gorkhaland offers 12-hr window to schools to evacuate students, indefinite strike to continue
- Heavy rainfall, lightning claim 9 lives in West Bengal