Police on Sunday arrested three overground workers (OWGs) of militants in summer capital Srinagar and recovered an AK-47 rifle from their possession.
Jammu And Kashmir News
A terrorist has been gunned down as the Indian Army on Sunday foiled an infiltration bid at Machhal Sector along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir.
Another batch of 1,141 pilgrims left Jammu on Sunday for the Kashmir Valley to perform the annual Amarnath Yatra, officials said.
Rahul Gandhi had slammed Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh and the Centre while digging out issues.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Saturday criticized National Conference (NC) president Farooq Abdullah for his remarks on Kashmir issue and said that the situation in Kashmir Valley would be same as Syria and Afghanistan if America intervenes on the matter.
At least eight policemen including an Assistant Sub-Inspector, were injured after soldiers beat them up for allegedly stopping their vehicle at a check-post in Kashmir on Friday late night.
A fresh batch of over 1,100 pilgrims left here on Saturday to perform the ongoing Amarnath Yatra, an official said.
Bearing the brunt of the heavy shelling and ceasefire violation by the Pakistani troops, a school premise was heavily damaged here.
According to the sources, Pakistan army violated ceasefire by resorting to unprovked firing across the LoC in Chhamb sector at 6.05 p.m.
An army official said the Indian Army is retaliating to the Pakistani aggression in equal measure.
Police arrested Malik in Druggen area after the Friday prayers when Malik came out of a mosque to lead the march towards the headquarters of the UN Military Observers Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP) in Sonawar area.
Srinagar District Magistrate Farooq Ahmad Lone said restrictions under section 144 CrPc were imposed in areas falling under the jurisdiction of seven police stations -- Rainawari, Khanyar, Nowhatta, M.R.Gunj, Safa Kadal, Maisuma and Ram Munshibagh.
While 11 people have been rescued from the debris, many others are feared trapped and the toll is likely to rise, police said.
The authorities on Thursday closed as many as 85 schools as heavy shelling from the Pakistan side continued along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir's in Nowshera and Manjkote sectors.
A massive search operation has been launched to flush out most wanted Lashkar-e-Toiba commander Abu Dujana and two of his top associates after they managed to escape from the hands of the security forces.
Three persons were killed and several houses and shops were damaged on Thursday in a cloudburst in the hilly Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
An Army JCO injured in Pakistani shelling on the Line of Control died on Wednesday.
A 60-year-old pilgrim from Madhya Pradesh died on his way back from the Amarnath shrine.
The number of stone-pelting incidents in Kashmir has dropped down to 664 in 2017 as compared to 2,808 in 2016.
A 60-year-old pilgrim from Madhya Pradesh died on his way back from the Amarnath shrine, taking the death toll in the ongoing annual yatra to 48, officials said on Wednesday.
Pakistani troops on Wednesday violated the ceasefire along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir’s Bhimber Gali sector.
Two Indian Army jawans were killed as Pakistani troops pounded several places in Jammu and Kashmir.
All the schools in Nowshera and Manjakote sectors of Rajouri district have been closed for an indefinite period.
Escorted by the CRPF and police, the batch comprising of 1,522 males, 467 females, and 235 sadhus and sadhvis left in a convoy of 85 vehicles for Baltal and Pahalgam base-camps this morning, officials said.
It was not immediately known of the Pakistani side suffered any retaliatory action.
Only one-way traffic was restored on the highway.
The three terrorists, who were on Monday night eliminated by the security forces in an encounter in Anantnag district of south Kashmir, were involved in July 10 Amarnath terror attack, in which seven pilgrims from Gujarat were killed.
The Pakistani Army again began indiscriminate firing and mortars from 1:50 pm on Tuesday along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir’s Naushera sector.
The Indian Army on Tuesday killed at least two terrorists in an encounter that broke out in Jammu and Kashmir's Bandipora district.
- Watch: Truck driver pulls break on time to avoid accident; saves 3 lives
- Pak High Commission behind terror funding in J&K: Zahoor Watali
- JD(U) passes resolution to join NDA - Watch report
- Gorakhpur: Yogi Adityanath accuses previous govts for deaths of children
- Teachers force students to convert religion; FIR lodged
- Kalinga Utkal express derails at UP's Muzaffarnagar
- Watch: Clashes of Indian-Chinese soldiers' at Ladakh
- Track repair was being carried out without station master's permission - Watch report
- Watch: First official briefing after Muzaffarnagar train accident
- Can Indian trains provide safer journeys to passengers in future?
- Aadhaar Card: Here's how to verify your email address, mobile number
- WATCH: Lightning quick MS Dhoni produces yet another impressive stumping, sends Lasith Malinga packing
- MP: Man assaults woman at gym, brutally kicks her -Watch video
- WATCH: Virat Kohli loses cool after watching child assault video
- 23 dead, many injured as 14 coaches of Utkal Express derail in UP's Khatauli
- Toilet: Ek Prem Katha collections—Akshay Kumar proves his mettle; film crosses Rs 100 cr
- Total solar eclipse all set to woo sky gazers on August 21 – All you need to know!
- Doctor's attempt to inject hospital superintendent with HIV+ blood over personal grudge foiled
- PM Narendra Modi's austerity drive for ministers, asks them to avoid 5-star hotels, PSUs vehicles
- Ruckus after AIMIM corporators refuse to stand up for Vande Mataram in Maharashtra civic body
- IND vs SL, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- Nitish Kumar-led JD(U) passes resolution to join NDA
- Air-conditioned jackets for the Indian Special Forces soon, says Manohar Parrirkar
- Nitish-led JD(U) passes resolution to join NDA; Sharad Yadav to approach EC to stake claim over party symbol
- WATCH: Virat Kohli welcomes MS Dhoni in nets, waves bat like helicopter blade as he walks in