An Afghan national living illegally in Jammu and Kashmir's Baramulla district was arrested by the security forces on Thursday.
Jammu And Kashmir News
The security forces on Friday arrested a Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) militant in Jammu and Kashmir's Bandipora district, police said.
Authorities in Jammu and Kashmir imposed restrictions in parts of the city on Friday to scuttle separatist-called protests.
In yet another attempt to win over the hearts of Kashmiri locals, the Indian Army is focusing on imparting education to the children, with their 'Free Open Army School' programme.
The Border Roads Organisation, which is maintaining the road, pressed its men and machines into service to clear the highway.
The police on Thursday detained moderate Hurriyat Conference chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq as he tried to lead his supporters towards the martyrs' graveyard in the Naqshband Sahib area of the city, officials said.
Sandeep Sharma, a.k.a Adil, who was arrested by Jammu and Kashmir Police last Sunday, joined terror group Lashkar-e-Taiba as he wanted to marry a Kashmiri girl "at any cost".
A fresh batch of 3,500 pilgrims left Jammu for the Kashmir Valley on Thursday to perform the annual Amarnath Yatra.
DSP Pandith was stripped and stoned to death by a mob outside the historic Jamia Masjid in Nowhatta area of downtown Srinagar on June 22.
Security forces have launched a massive hunt for Pakistani national and LeT 'commander' Abu Ismail who has emerged as the mastermind of terror attack on Amarnath pilgrims
Air India on Wednesday announced to waive penalty charges for no-show, cancellation and rescheduling of tickets for passengers travelling to and from Jammu in the aftermath of the terror attack on Amarnath pilgrims.
Union minister Smriti Irani said the challenges around Kashmir were a legacy of the Nehru-Gandhi family and that "the country knows it".
The killing has sparked an outrage in Kashmir, with most people dismissing denouncing the attack on pilgrims.
According to Pakistan Foreign Ministry, the OIC Council of Foreign Ministers, who met in Abidjan, Republic of Cote d'Ivoire, passed a resolution on Kashmir.
The terrorists who open fire targeting the bus carrying Amarnath pilgrims were dressed in police uniforms, narrated the survivors of the deadly terror attack.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday stepped up attack on Prime Minister Narendra Modi and accused him of pursuing policies that led to terrorists creating space for themselves in Jammu and Kashmir.
Mobile internet services were restored in Jammu on Wednesday after a two-day ban, According to PTI.
The yatra, which passes through the Pahalgam market along the traditional route to the cave shrine, was, however, going on smoothly.
Addressing the media, Jitendra Singh congratulated the people of Jammu and Kashmir for the kind of resilience they have shown in the last 25 years.
A massive manhunt has been launched to track down Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) commander and Pakistani national Abu Ismail, the matermind of the Amarnath terror attack.
Hizbul militant Sajad Ahmad Gilkar, who belonged to Pandan locality in Nowhatta area, was among the three militants who died in Tuesday's gunfight with security forces in Redbug village.
Unfazed by the brazen terror attack on a bus carrying pilgrims in Anantnag district of Jammu and Kashmir on Monday, the largest batch of Amarnath pilgrims left for Pahalgam and Baltal on Wednesday.
Three Hizbul Mujahideen militants were killed in overnight encounter with security forces in Budgam district of Jammu and Kashmir.
The Shopian Police has arrested three accused on Tuesday involved in the attempt of bank robbery and weapon snatching that took place earlier at Jammu and Kashmir Bank of Imam Sahab area.
Amarnath pilgrimage started on June 29 and will conclude on August 7.
An encounter broke out between terrorists and security forces in Budgam district of Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday.
Indian Army Chief on Tuesday reviewed the overall security in the Kashmir Valley.
The bus with 60 pilgrims had started its journey from Srinagar around 5 PM and was expected to cover a distance of 100 kilometres to reach their destination, Srinagar, before 7 PM, they said.
Kashmir civil society groups will stage a sit-in at the heart of Sringar later on Tuesday to protest the killing of seven Amarnath pilgrims in Anantnag.
At least seven Amarnath pilgrims were killed and more than 30 were left injured when a group of terrorists launched an attack on their bus in Anantnag on Monday night.
- Watch: Truck driver pulls break on time to avoid accident; saves 3 lives
- Pak High Commission behind terror funding in J&K: Zahoor Watali
- JD(U) passes resolution to join NDA - Watch report
- Gorakhpur: Yogi Adityanath accuses previous govts for deaths of children
- Teachers force students to convert religion; FIR lodged
- Kalinga Utkal express derails at UP's Muzaffarnagar
- Watch: Clashes of Indian-Chinese soldiers' at Ladakh
- Track repair was being carried out without station master's permission - Watch report
- Watch: First official briefing after Muzaffarnagar train accident
- Can Indian trains provide safer journeys to passengers in future?
- Aadhaar Card: Here's how to verify your email address, mobile number
- WATCH: Lightning quick MS Dhoni produces yet another impressive stumping, sends Lasith Malinga packing
- MP: Man assaults woman at gym, brutally kicks her -Watch video
- WATCH: Virat Kohli loses cool after watching child assault video
- 23 dead, many injured as 14 coaches of Utkal Express derail in UP's Khatauli
- Toilet: Ek Prem Katha collections—Akshay Kumar proves his mettle; film crosses Rs 100 cr
- Total solar eclipse all set to woo sky gazers on August 21 – All you need to know!
- Doctor's attempt to inject hospital superintendent with HIV+ blood over personal grudge foiled
- PM Narendra Modi's austerity drive for ministers, asks them to avoid 5-star hotels, PSUs vehicles
- Ruckus after AIMIM corporators refuse to stand up for Vande Mataram in Maharashtra civic body
- IND vs SL, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- Nitish Kumar-led JD(U) passes resolution to join NDA
- Air-conditioned jackets for the Indian Special Forces soon, says Manohar Parrirkar
- Nitish-led JD(U) passes resolution to join NDA; Sharad Yadav to approach EC to stake claim over party symbol
- WATCH: Virat Kohli welcomes MS Dhoni in nets, waves bat like helicopter blade as he walks in