Maoists torch three vehicles in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Maoist guerrillas have torched three vehicles involved in bridge construction work in Jharkhand's Chatra district, police said on Thursday.
According to police, the guerrillas raided camp office of a private company on Wednesday night and thrashed labourers before torching the vehicles.
The incident took place near Gari river in Chatra district, around 170 km from Ranchi.
The denial of levy is said to be the reason of the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why