Former Deputy mayor of Dhanbad Neeraj Singh and three others were killed in a shootout in the city on Tuesday, according to an ANI report.
A driver was shot dead while an unidentified body of a man was recovered in two separate incident in and around the steel city on Tuesday, police said.
Taking lessons from the Uttar Pradesh elections, the opposition parties in the Littipara assembly bypoll are likely to unite as the ruling BJP is working hard to dent the bastion of the main opposition Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM).
Illustrative of how blatantly unscrupulous officials collude with parents to let their wards use unfair means in examinations, seven youngsters were found writing their exams in an under-construction house away from their exam centre here.
Maoist guerrillas have torched three vehicles involved in bridge construction work in Jharkhand's Chatra district, police said on Thursday.
Five Maoists were arrested from a shopping complex here, police said on Saturday.
Two devotees died of heart attack in Jharkhand`s Deoghar district on Friday after offering prayers at the famous Baba Baidyanath Shiva temple on the occasion of Mahashivaratri, police said.
Jharkhand People's Party (JPP) today called for a state wide bandh on February 16 to protest against the state government's decision to impose prohibitory orders under Section 144 of the CrPC in Ranchi during Global Investors Summit.
A man was killed by suspected Maoists in Birangatta village near the pilgrim town in Maoist-hit Giridih district in the early hours today
A 40-year-old man allegedly hacked to death his wife and two minor children, injured two other minors and commited suicide in Seraikela-Kharswan district of Jharkhand today.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das today launched energy efficient fans and LED tube lights under the 'Unnat Jeevan by Affordable LEDs and Appliances for All' (UJALA) scheme in the state.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Wednesday announced two new All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Jharkhand and Gujarat as part of increasing healthcare in the country.
The police has recovered a huge cache of arms and ammunitions from Jharkhand`s Latehar district from a Naxal hideout.
The Jharkhand assembly proceedings were disrupted on Thursday as JMM legislators protested the amendments to the two key state land acts originally formulated to protect the rights of the tribal and indigenous people.
Five security personnel, including three CRPF men, on Friday suffered injuries in an IED blast during an anti-Naxal operation in the jungles of Latehar district, even as the forces seized 50 bombs, 165 detonators and over five dozen grenades.
At least four security personnel were injured on Friday when Maoist guerrillas detonated a landmine in Garwah district of Jharkhand.
The Lalmatia open cast mine has an annual capacity of 17 million tonnes and accounts for about half of ECL`s coal production.
The cashless marriage was presumably first of its kind in Jharkhand following the demonetisation move.
Singh asked the Left Wing Extremism groups to give up violence stressing that it has no place in a democracy.
Maoist guerrillas on Saturday torched three vehicles involved in road construction work in Jharkhand`s West Singhbhum district, police said.
Scores of shoes were hurled as Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das tried to leave the venue. Luckily not a single one touched the Chief Minister.
All Jharkhand Students Union (AJSU) President Sudesh Mahto, an ally of the ruling BJP and Jharkhand State Development Council Deputy Chairperson, on Tuesday skipped a council meeting here along with opposition Jharkhand Mukti Morcha members.
A CPI-Maoist group guerrilla was killed and his wife arrested in a gunfire with the security forces in Jharkhand`s East Singhbhum district on Tuesday, police said.
With the recovery of two more bodies late on Sunday, the death toll climbed to 18 in the coal mine collapse at Lalmatia open cast coal mine of Eastern Coalfields Ltd (ECL) in Godda district.
Shoes were hurled at Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das and black flags were shown to hi at a programme in Kharsawa on Sunday, the state police said.
The tragedy occurred at the Rajmahal Open Cast Project of Eastern Coalfields Limited (ECL) around 7.30 p.m. on Thursday in Godda district of Jharkhand.
"Two more bodies have been recovered on Saturday. The rescue operation is going on. There are chances of some more people still trapped in the debris," said a police spokesperson to IANS.
Bodies of at least eleven workers were on Friday recovered a caved-in coal mine whereas dozens are still said to be trapped inside at Paharia Bhodaye in Jharkhand’s Godda district.
The tragedy occurred at the Rajmahal Opencast Project of Eastern Coalfields Limited (ECL) around 7.30 p.m. on Thursday, officials said.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das is monitoring the situation closely and has asked the concerned officials to intensify rescue operations.
- India's first traffic robot introduced in Indore
- Martyr Kashmiri cop Firoz Dar's poem on Facebook goes viral
- DNA: Analysing Anil Kumble's exit statement as India coach
- J&K: Three LeT terrorists killed in Pulwama
- Two injured in firing outside Jalandhar mall
- DNA: Analysis of life taking speed breakers
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- Agra: Drunk policeman creates ruckus, assaults hotel staff
- Prez poll: Kovind files nomination; Meira Kumar to challenge him
- Lucknow: 7-year-old girl dies after iron gate of UP Secretariat falls on her
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- ISRO's PSLV-C38 places Cartosat-2 along with 30 nano satellites in orbit
- DNA: Today in History, June 21, 2016
- DNA: Analysing the power of yoga
- Presidential election: JD(U) supports NDA pick Ram Nath Kovind
- Bihar Board 10th result 2017: BSEB 10th result 2017/Matric result 2017 declared, check biharboard.ac.in; overall pass percentage is 50.12
- NEET Result 2017: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- Countdown begins as ISRO set to launch Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites Friday
- BJP leader Bandi Ramesh hacked to death in Karnataka's Ballari
- Day of retirements for New Zealand: Black Caps lose Luke Ronchi, Jeetan Patel on same day
- Virat Kohli vs Anil Kumble: Batting great Sunil Gavaskar demands clarification from India captain
- Tubelight movie review: Even Salman Khan's star power isn’t bright enough to illuminate Kabir Khan's film!
- ISRO successfully plants Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites in orbit - This is what PM Modi has to say!
- LIVE: IND vs WI, 1st ODI — Excellent start by India openers
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- Srinagar cop stripped naked, stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid; 2 arrested
- Allahabad High Court quashes Uttar Pradesh govt order, reinstates six Shia Waqf Board members
- China funding Pakistan's mega dam in Pak-occupied Kashmir?
- Government announces names of 30 more smart cities; Thiruvanathapuram tops list
- WATCH: The Great Khali's protegee Kavita Devi makes history, all set to become first Indian woman ever to fight in WWE