The opposition leaders held a meeting on Friday and chalked out strategy for the rally and the shutdown.
Santosh Kumar Singh alias Santosh Bhokta, who has 14 cases against him, surrendered yesterday under a government programme.
A retired army doctor committed suicide by stabbing himself, while five of his family members were found dead in a flat here on Sunday, police said.
RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Wednesday slammed Prime Minister Narendra Modi for his silence over the killing of farmers in Jharkhand allegedly for grabbing land.
Meraj Khan was appointed as Samajwadi Party's Jharkhand unit chief by party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav today.
Four villagers were killed in a police firing in Jharkhand`s Hazaribagh district on Saturday, an officer said.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday will hear a plea filed by Rashtriya Janata Dal supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav challenging his jail sentence in connection with the mid-1990s fodder scam case.
Two Indian soldiers - killed in a terror attack in Uri in Jammu and Kashmir - were laid to rest on Tuesday in their natives villages in Khunti and Gumla districts of Jharkhand with full state honours.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today held a discussion on finer points to be included in BJP's Garib Kalyan Agenda with his Maharashtra and Jharkhand counterparts.
A top Maoist leader Ashish Yadav was killed in an encounter with Central Paramilitary Forces and police in Gumla district of Jharkhand.
The police on Saturday arrested six Maoist rebels and recovered arms and ammunition from Gumla district of Jharkhand.
National Human Right Commission (NHRC) has sought detailed report of illegal mining in three months from Jharkhand government.
NHRC Chairperson said that the allegations with respect to the fake surrender of innocent youth posing as naxals in Jharkhand were found to be prima facie true.
Additional Superintendent of Police of the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB), Jharkhand, Anand Joseph Tigga was today killed in a road accident between Chandwa and Kudu on the Lohardaga-Latehar border.
The Bharatiya Janata Party on Wednesday appointed its Member of Parliament Laxman Gilua as the new Jharkhand unit chief after accepting the resignation of Tala Marandi from the post.
Amid the raging controversy over cow vigilantism, Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das today said those who consider India as their country should treat cow as their mother.
The Jharkhand Police on Sunday apprehended two people for possessing huge cache of explosives in Dumka district.
The Government of India has begun 'Zara Yaad Karo Kurbani' programme of Union government to pay tribute to various freedom fighters all across the country.
Members of Parliament from Jharkhand today gave a memorandum to Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, requesting him to take initiative in increasing the total number of seats in Jharkhand Assembly from 82 to 150.
Woman swept away by strong currents of Bhairavi river.
The Supreme Court ruling disentitling former chief ministers of Uttar Pradesh from retaining government bungalows should also be implemented in Jharkhand, the Congress said on Monday.
The Jharkhand assembly witnessed disruptions for the fourth consecutive day on Thursday as the opposition targeted the government on a range of issues.
Opposition led by Congress and JMM Tuesday accused the ruling BJP of alleged coercion and threats in the recent biennial polls to the Upper House to get its candidates elected.
JMM leader Hemant Soren has lodged a complaint against police officer Anurag Gupta under the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989, for using "humiliating words" against him.
Seventeen-year-old Sangeeta, who fled from her camp along with her lover, also a Maoist cadre, said that all the women in the organisation were sexually exploited by their seniors.
Rupesh, a tribal boy, was allegedly killed by the police on the suspicion of being a Maoist supporter.
A huge quantity of explosives was seized in Maoist-infested Dumka district of Jharkhand on Wednesday, police said.
The monsoon session of the Jharkhand assembly, scheduled to commence from Friday, is all set to be stormy with the opposition aiming to corner the government over a host of issues.
Acting on a tip-off that a big consignment of narcotics was being unloaded from a four-wheeler, a police team conducted a raid and searched a vehicle.
The Jharkhand Chief Minister urged Goel to ensure quick repair of machines following breakdown and deployment of adequate employees to ensure uninterrupted power supply during nights.
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Narendra Modi conveys his wishes to the nation on Eid
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- No country questioned India's surgical strikes, says PM Modi in US
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- Oil tanker explodes in Pakistan's Bahawalpur district, many killed
- J&K: Pakistan violates ceasefire in Naushera sector
- PM Modi lands in Washington DC for his 2-day US tour
- PM Narendra Modi addresses media at White House's Rose Garden - Watch
- PM Modi - President Trump meeting at White House: Ten big things
- Heavy rains in Mumbai trigger warnings of high tide
- Watch: 140th Jagannath Rath Yatra begins in Ahmedabad
- Jolt to Pakistan: US declares Hizbul Chief Syed Salahuddin a global terrorist
- Experts view on PM Narendra Modi's US visit
- Eid being celebrated across the country today
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- Chinese troops enter India in Sikkim sector, scuffle with Army jawans, destroy Indian bunkers
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Kiku Sharda welcomes Chandan Prabhakar back with a heartfelt message!
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Presidential election: Sushma Swaraj tweets 2013 Lok Sabha video, says 'This is how Meira Kumar treated Leader of Opposition'
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- WATCH: Smriti Mandhana scores blistering 72-ball 90 in India's World Cup opener against England
- Kerala Sabarimala temple's gold-coated flag damaged; three held
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump meet - As it happened
- WATCH: Virat Kohli simulates MS Dhoni's 'Helicopter shot' for a six during 2nd ODI against West Indies
- After Eid prayers, clashes break out between security forces, stone pelters in Kashmir Valley; 10 protesters injured
- Hacking group believes NASA will announce discovery of aliens
- India's tour of West Indies: Skipper Virat Kohli hints at Rishabh Pant's inclusion for third ODI
- Haryana govt has disbursed Rs 2,400 cr compensation to farmers: CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Aadhaar not valid for travel to Nepal, Bhutan: Home Ministry